26 or 29; street or muni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

street tire

Actually...... that's what I have on my 24 right now..... The Dura Leopard (?) that came stock had to be changed out for street riding.

Hatchet?......yes, that has crossed my mind......just don't want to make an $850 "mistake" by buying the wrong one (although, somehow I think that I'd get used to it) Good versatility with different tire diameters possible....but wonder what kind of "beast" it really is compared to a regular Nimbus 26 or 27.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Universe View Post
      You could also put a more street like tire on the 24 and get a Hatchet. Yes lots of choices.
      The hatchet seems quite a mean machine. But in real life, it doesn't look as scary as on the pictures. And people say it's surprisingly light too.

Not to hijack this thread but what would be a good street tire? I'm thinking about doing so but want something lighter than the Hookworm. Anyone tried the Schwalbe Big Ben? Bigger volume that the Big Apple (in 24") but under 700g.

Comment

I'd recomment you a 27.5+. It's of the same outer diameter as a 29er or a fat 26er but has more suspension than the 29er and rides easier than the hatchet.

I love my G27.5+.
        I had a 24" Muni and wanted something bigger. First I wanted to take a normal 29er Muni (around 2.4" tire width) but then I chose the 27.5+ because it also has the outer diameter of a 29er and has the same wide tire as my 24er (3" Duro Wildlife).

Maybe my overview of wheel, rim and tire sizey may help you a bit:
        http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthr...58#post1669758
        Last edited by Eric aus Chemnitz; 2016-09-19, 08:49 AM.
        Einradfahren in Sachsen:
        einradsachsen.com
        f/EinradSachsen
        07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

I made a translated version of the tire and wheel sizes diagram:
          http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthr...22#post1674722

I hope this can help some of you with choosing the right size
          Einradfahren in Sachsen:
          einradsachsen.com
          f/EinradSachsen
          07.06.2020: Europamarathon