No announcement yet.

Edinburgh, Scotland riders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Nevil on some excellent organisation there. It looks like a sensible and well thought out way to proceed

I can put myself down for Wednesday the 10th, and likely the other dates mentioned will also be doable for me. Let's see what everyone else thinks.

Comment

Saturday the 17th September would suit me better than a Sunday for glentress, I work Saturday nights and probably wouldn't manage a 3am finish then head to gt for a day of riding! I'll look into campsites or other accommodation if people want to come for a tour of the Cowal trails?

I'll try to get through for some other riding around Edinburgh and the Pentlands too, but again Saturdays are better than Sundays!

Its quite exciting having plans for Scottish unicycling.

Comment

Originally posted by OorWullie View Post
        I'll look into campsites or other accommodation if people want to come for a tour of the Cowal trails?

Its quite exciting having plans for Scottish unicycling.
        Looks like a great place to ride, I'd be up for that. Yes, it is quite exciting, I've been riding many years, and very rarely have had the chance to ride with other unicyclists

Comment

Originally posted by ScotMuni View Post
          Wed 10 August, 7pm
          Meet Holyrood Car Park, by Arthurís Seat.
          We can do a loop of the road, and some riding down the main paths on the West Side - Iím not sure that the Park Rangers welcome any of the smaller paths being ridden upon, by any number of wheels.
          I don't think I can make that date (though I'll try, and I hope there'll be plenty other opportunities).

However, wheeee and I are meeting tomorrow Friday 05 August at 6.30pm on the car park next to Holyrood Palace for a muni ride on Arthur's Seat, .

Anybody's welcome to join in.

Comment

So, Glentress on 17th Sept?

Hey guys,

Great planning... I live in Copenhagen so I won't join you for most of it, but I am definitely keen on joining you for Glentress.

Can we settle on Sat. 17th Sept or are you guys still unsure? Just need to book flight tickets before they get too expensive

Cheers,

Teddy

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
              Can we settle on Sat. 17th Sept or are you guys still unsure? Just need to book flight tickets before they get too expensive
              That's great you'd like to come over to the UK and ride Glentress with us gonzo! I am able to make the 17th, for sure. Lets hope we can all coordinate together and get a group ride organised

Comment

It looks like sat 17the Sept is pretty much decided for glentress? Are people making a weekend of it or just going for the Saturday? Will we put it on the British muni weekend Facebook page too?

As for coming to Cowal, I have still to look into accommodation but there are a couple of campsites I'll speak to and check prices and facilities. What date is best though? I was thinking maybe the first weekend of the school October holidays, but I'll have to check what the dates for the holidays are too! I think it's the first two weeks so how does the first weekend in October sound?

Comment

I have created a facebook group to help coordinate some meetings, it can be found here:
                  http://www.facebook.com/groups/1076900579030213/

And don't forget Staphane's Yahoo group:
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/e...icyclists/info

If you are interested in meeting up, please join so we can get an active group going. Would be great to see some regular rides happening!

OorWullie, personally I'd be happy for a Sat + Sun weekend at both locations. Feel free to post it on the BMW page, the more people we get interested, the better

Comment

Re: 2016-08-10 Arthur Seat 19:00

It ends up working out well for me, so I'll meet you (Calum and Nevil at least I believe) there! (Nevil, I assume you mean the car park close to the parliament, holyrood palace, not the one by the pond/lake).

Re: 2016-09-17 Glentress

I've reserved my day for that. It'll be only Saturday for me. I should be able to take a car (with bike rack) so take another 3 riders with their unicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephane Chazelas View Post
                      Re: 2016-08-10 Arthur Seat 19:00

It ends up working out well for me, so I'll meet you (Calum and Nevil at least I believe) there!

Re: 2016-09-17 Glentress

I've reserved my day for that. It'll be only Saturday for me. I should be able to take a car (with bike rack) so take another 3 riders with their unicycle.
                      That's great Stephane, see you tomorrow. I would be happy to take one of those 3 seats to Glentress please

Comment

Originally posted by wheeee View Post

And don't forget Stephane's Yahoo group:
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/e...icyclists/info
                        Don't be put off by the "yahoogroup" part. You don't need to have a yahoo account or yahoo email address. That is just a mailing list. It's not like you have to sell your soul to facebook or anything like that.

You subscribe to that mailing list using your email address, by sending an email to edinburgh-unicyclists-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and confirm by following the instructions in the response you get.

Once that's approved (by me for now, I can make a few other people admins if need be, the idea being that it's not public as there is private information (like mobile phone numbers) in the emails), your email address is added to the list, and whenever an email is sent to edinburgh-unicyclists@yahoogroups.com, you'll receive it as well.

That's a quick way to reach all the persons interested in unicycling in and around Edinburgh at once.

Comment

Just to confirm I'll be at Glentress on 17th Sept. Staying overnight on Saturday, so I will (can?) also do some riding on Sunday before flying back home.
                          Teddy

Comment

Working...
                          X