No announcement yet.

Learning - Attempted rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you do don't give up RidingSKC! I was there too with the 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and so were a lot of other unicyclists on this forum. I regressed many times myself. It was very frustrating making all this progress and then next thing you know you're almost right back to where you started. I remember going 10 meters one day unassisted then next day I could barely do 3 meters. Then finally I could do 10 meters again, then next thing I know I'm doing 25 meters, 50 meters, 200 meters and saying good bye to the long fence.

You will get there too, don't worry! Your patience and persistence will pay off and unicycling will soon feel like second nature to you.

Comment

I'm going to add one little suggestion. In the interest of not contributing to the over-thinking many new unicyclists get bogged down in, I'm just going to say it.

Try to go a little bit faster.

Not a lot, just enough to remind you to be a little bit ahead of the wheel. This is based on watching the video clip you posted above.

Another thing you can try is changing the venue. The spot in your video is good, but if you have access to a driveway, or something with a slight downward slope, you might like it.
      John Foss
      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Try breathing out -honestly it works.

I tense up a lot when I get tired and can't get going again.
        I found I was taking a deep breath and holding it in, tensing the stomach muscles and being unable to balance.

A golf relaxing technique worked for me, breathe out just before I set off.
        The exhale drops my shoulders, relaxes and loosens the muscles, and helps with my first 3 pedals until l breathe in again.
        By then I'm normally pedalling ok (for a few more yards anyway)

Comment

Working...
        X