20" Ultimate Wheel Nimbus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20" Ultimate Wheel Nimbus

I am trying to change tires but the installed tire appears to be glued into one side of the rim. I poured acetone on it and pulled but it didn't come free. Any ideas for changing the tire?

Originally posted by eric044 View Post
    I am trying to change tires but the installed tire appears to be glued into one side of the rim. I poured acetone on it and pulled but it didn't come free. Any ideas for changing the tire?

Comment

I'd be very surprised if it was glued - no benefit and extra effort in manufacture. Which direction are you pulling in? Have you attempted to push the beads into the well of the rim first?
      Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

Deflate tire, take pedals off. Lay on its side so the difficult side is facing up and stand with both feet on tire as close to the rim as possible. You may have to bounce your weight a bit.

If it's actually glued on, I'll eat my hat.
        "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

Tires can get the bead stuck on the rim pretty hard sometimes. You just need to do what Killian suggested.

Comment

I see now that it is not glued - the bead is well-set and the tire somewhat thick. Pulling isn't working. I suppose if I could find good tire irons then maybe.

Comment

Damn I wanted to see Killian eat his hat
              "A unicycle is a silly contraption."
              My wife

Comment

Originally posted by sillycontraption View Post
                damn i wanted to see killian eat his hat:d
                +1

Comment

"I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

Working...
                  X