Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know huh?
    It'd be sweeter if we can be their product guinea pigs
    Send them out, willing to donate ass and sit X amount of hours on their saddles all for a good cause

Comment

I'll sign up to be a guinea pig, too.

Comment

Don't know if this has been asked before, but..
        Any idea of when they'll be available in Europe?
        I mean the complete unis, not just the frame.

Comment

They're already available on municycle.com
          Einradfahren in Sachsen:
          einradsachsen.com
          f/EinradSachsen
          07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

same for Unicycle.co.uk, just available now !
            http://monocycle.info
            http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
            CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
            my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)

Comment

Yeah, my fault.
              It's only the 26 that's not available.

...But it's the one I would get.

Comment

And just for the brag, here what someone say here in Italy about 2015 KH new parts:

http://www.unicyclist.it/forum_forum...age=last#17746

Translation:

"To me the real news is the hub that it's just like the old one but chromed

The moment hub provided more problems that satisfaction.

The new frame saves one weld and probably costs less to be produced, if it's more robust is yet to be verified."

Comment

The "someone" if Marco, the ?owner? of mad4one

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyFL View Post
                    The "someone" if Marco, the ?owner? of mad4one
                    Bingo

Comment

I'm already having some doubts on the 26+ format.
                      If this knard is already hard to get, and it's the only one... how would it be in a couple of years?
                      It sounds so bloody interesting for muni, but still...
                      27.5+ has already 2/3 tyres, and has gained the attention of big companies, but it's not so interesting imho.
                      I'm loving my 24, but a 26 would have been a nice addition.

Comment

It's impossible to predict the future but talking to Surly the demand for their 26+ format is currently strong and they are optimistic to produce for the forseeable future.

The Knard is hard to get right now because it is completely new.

The 2015 KH26 is one of the first cycles (including bikes) on the market with this tire - all the testing was done with Knard prototypes.

In fact, it is so new that I had to ship the KH26 without tires, for Europe, because the tires were slightly delayed, and some dealers currently have KH26 unis without tires. That is why they are not "available". Dealers have them, but just no tire.
                        Qu-Ax expects to get their 26x3" Knard shipment in next week at which time that should be rectified.
                        Last edited by danger_uni; 2015-06-05, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutaito View Post
                          And just for the brag, here what someone say here in Italy about 2015 KH new parts:

http://www.unicyclist.it/forum_forum...age=last#17746

Translation:

"To me the real news is the hub that it's just like the old one but chromed

The moment hub provided more problems that satisfaction.

The new frame saves one weld and probably costs less to be produced, if it's more robust is yet to be verified."
                          Nice to hear from Marco, that's great.

To clarify - the Spirit hub is not "like the old one but chromed". The "old" (meaning blue CrMo KH hub with KH cutouts in the flanges that pre-dated the Moment hub with polished flanges) was made traditionally - e.g. disc-shaped, stamped flanges welded to an axle.
                          In contrast the Spirit hub is entirely one-piece-forged, no welds.
                          It is first forged (e.g. hammered into existence with forge tooling), and then finished via CNC.

The forged frame crown saves one weld on the KH20, and 2 welds on the other frames. These were the welds receiving the most stress, and forging enabled the frame to have a smoother radius of curvature through this join.

In terms of frame cost, once you add the cleaning/finishing of the forged part, which involves some CNC, plus the rest of the frame building, it ends up being slightly more expensive than before.
                          Last edited by danger_uni; 2015-06-05, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danger_uni View Post
                            It's impossible to predict the future but talking to Surly the demand for their 26+ format is currently strong and they are optimistic to produce for the forseeable future.

I think i'll take the risk and buy it!
                            Talking about b*ke world, it's looking like tyres and rim width are growing up anyway, and it seems like 26' is not going to really die.
                            The alternative was to get a 29' frame and fit a 27,5+, but i think it could be just over the right size for a short guy wanting to do hard-ish muni.
                            At the end of the month i'll have my first muni trip, and i'll come back with more experience and more confusion for sure
                            Then, if the kh26 will be on stock in europe, i'll pull the trigger!!

Comment

How is the brake caliper attached? Does this use a D-Brake?

My Oracle has a D-Brake that has developed an awful vibration. I'm thinking it's the D-Brake that's the problem. Anyone have vibration problems with their KH?

Comment

KH frames mount the calliper on the frame itself like you would see on a bike. Unfortunately this means that they only really support external disc rotors.

Comment

Working...
                                X