Ed's unicycle around the world tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching up with Ed

I've been watching Ed's excellent videos on his journey through Australia. He's now in New Zealand. Looks like he'll be in San Francisco in January. Is anyone thinking of riding with him when he's here in the US? Sure seems like it would be fun to catch up with him for a day or two.

Comment

Much respect.

I have enjoyed the videos of his Epic journey that I have seen. I hope to some day be good and fit enough to travel a bit on a Uni.

Human gyroscope in training.

Comment

Yesterday I was able to ride a leg of Ed's journey while he came to the Dallas area. Super cool dude. We went 57 miles from Plano, Tx to Elmo, Tx. I feel very lucky to have had that experience.

Dude is a beast. His uni weighs 80 lbs geared up. All I had was about 3 liters of water and my nightfox and barely made it. Mad respect for the guy.
        Last edited by Unipig; 2018-04-30, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Can't wait for him to come back to the UK, if he's riding from Scotland southwards I might get a chance to do a leg with him!
          It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece Maker View Post
            Can't wait for him to come back to the UK, if he's riding from Scotland southwards I might get a chance to do a leg with him!
            Also keen to join him on a UK leg.
            "Ride It Baby!"

Comment

From Ed's Facebook:
              "Im 2 days off NEW YORK! And the completion of my forth continent! Spontaneous host wanted in New York City from the 3rd July - 8th. If you can help me out (or know someone who can) in the Big Apple, please dont hesitate to message me. Cheers"

Comment

attachment for luggage

Hi,
                Im planning to go on a unicycle trip this summer. Thats why I want to built such an attachment for my luggage like Ed. Is there anybody whos already built such an attachment or knows how to do it?
                Im really looking forward to your answers!
                Maximilian

Comment

Originally posted by Maximilian View Post
                  Hi,
                  Im planning to go on a unicycle trip this summer. Thats why I want to built such an attachment for my luggage like Ed. Is there anybody whos already built such an attachment or knows how to do it?
                  Im really looking forward to your answers!
                  Maximilian
                  You may want to check out Cary Gray, that is where Ed got help with his pack.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeT1NlZXCJg
                  http://www.caryoutthere.com/CaryGrayUnicycle.html

Jim

Comment

Heres a little news blurb of Ed riding over the finish line, posted just minutes ago.

https://youtu.be/ZMaaPg4Q4m0

Congratulations Ed!

Comment

What a guy. He's so cool and calm about it! "Let me enjoy this one for now eh"
                      It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.

Comment

Nice. Looking forward to the rest of his videos!
                        Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

Also a write-up on the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...the-world-trip
                          Last edited by Agape; 2018-07-29, 02:07 AM.
                          Dave, Sydney Australia
                          20" Nimbus Trials
                          20" Impact Trials
                          27.5" MAD4ONE Muni

Comment

back and re-connected

I dabbled with this unicyclist.com in 2001, then got involved with other activities, so bear with me. I'm learning at the age of 50 !

As mentioned I'm an older rider, new to youtube, and new to the blogging, not interested in the whole facebook activity. I got back into the unicycling and started watching some videos on line, however with so many other hobbies there just isn't enough time to learn it all.

I viewed this one unicycling video with a young Ed Pratt "unicyling around the world" on you tube, and thought wow what an adventure. I'm only making this comment as I realized it was 2015-03-15, at 09:38 PM when this post was started ( it think ), just to see how far out of date I am, I realized that this fellows videos started in new zealand, but there was another comment about the UK.

I really need to figure out where to start, and learn more about his adventure before commenting. But if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have realized how long ago this fellow was riding around and traveling, or how others whom are like minded who are doing the same.

Thanks for reading as I practice how the website and youtube works in the same interest that I also have. You can check out my profile if you wish to see how this old fart started. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by keiar.renaud View Post
                              I really need to figure out where to start, and learn more about his adventure before commenting. But if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have realized how long ago this fellow was riding around and traveling, or how others whom are like minded who are doing the same.
                              You can view all of Ed's videos here:
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/worldunicycletour/videos
                              If you start at the bottom you can view in order up to current. He is still working on the ones across the US and back in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by keiar.renaud View Post
                                I dabbled with this unicyclist.com in 2001, then got involved with other activities, so bear with me.
                                Welcome back Keiar! I remember you from NUC 2001 in Toronto, and a few other events I'm sure. The ladies thought you were hot!
                                John Foss
                                www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Working...
                                X