Schlumpf 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Killian View Post

I'll also probably be getting a 32 once they are commercially available.
    Do you intend using for road riding?

Comment

• Originally posted by unibokk View Post
      Thanks Lance for the feedback ... Hopefully UDC will stock the tyre you mention. For road I'm thinking the 32" with schlumpf and 150mm cranks would be ideal for hills and will offer good top speed.

When in top gear the 32" will become an effective 48" approx, which is enough for me.
      You're welcome!

UDC already carries the tires. http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-har...inch-tire.html

You're right, with 150 cranks, in 1:1, I can ride over almost any hill, and can keep up with a "casual" bicycle rider when I'm in overdrive.

Cheers!
      "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

• Now it is official ...

... release will be in late summer 2015:
        http://www.schlumpf.ch/hp/uni/uni_engl_news.htm
        Einradfahren in Sachsen:
        einradsachsen.com
        f/EinradSachsen
        07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

• Okay, so the release date answers my question about when, but I am still confused about what is changing...and yes, I read all the recent posts, but I'd like to see it in print as the announcement did not say a whole lot other than "wider axle".

Will there be a crank stop?
          How will the hub rotation be controlled? (torque bar or knurled bearing)
          Any change in the internals?
          Will there be a disc mount or will the hub be "approved" for disc brake use?
          Anything else?

I'm buiding a Surly 24" muni, 4" Ground Control tire, 50mm rim, Spirits, KH Flat seat, SRAM Guide brake, custom grab handle. It's gonna be my gravel grinder and all around shred mobile
          I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

• Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
            Okay, so the release date answers my question about when, but I am still confused about what is changing...and yes, I read all the recent posts, but I'd like to see it in print as the announcement did not say a whole lot other than "wider axle".

Anything else?

I'm buiding a Surly 24" muni, 4" Ground Control tire, 50mm rim, Spirits, KH Flat seat, SRAM Guide brake, custom grab handle. It's gonna be my gravel grinder and all around shred mobile
            Seems like you missed some posts...
            ----------
            Yes
            ----------
            Non of them, to quote Kris Holm:
            The new torque support against slipping is very simple. Take a look at the inside lip of bearing housings on a KH Frame (post 2012). You will see that the bottom half of the bearing housing does not have a lip on the inside edge.
            -----------
            Not much, but the hub will be lighter and also narrower, providing more clearance to the frame.
            -----------
            Yes, full compatibility to EDB Standard, but no disc mount on the hub itself.
            -----------
            Anything else?
            Yes, in 2016 there will be a 125mm Version
            -----------
            My plan is QX29 Muni, Maxxis Ardent, KH rim, Shimano SLX disc brake and custom t-bar handle ... will be my xc-commuter
            Einradfahren in Sachsen:
            einradsachsen.com
            f/EinradSachsen

Comment

• Originally posted by unibokk View Post
              Do you intend using for road riding?
              And Muni.
              "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

• The KH frame changed, got that, but how does that reduce slippage? Also, what does that mean for non KH frame comparability?

Anyone have pics or diagrams?
                I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

• expectation postponed...

Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
                  Okay, so the release date answers my question about when, but I am still confused about what is changing...and yes, I read all the recent posts, but I'd like to see it in print as the announcement did not say a whole lot other than "wider axle".

Anything else?

Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
                  The KH frame changed, got that, but how does that reduce slippage? Also, what does that mean for non KH frame comparability?

Ben, are you again expecting more than what has been promised?

JM
                  You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
                    The KH frame changed, got that, but how does that reduce slippage? Also, what does that mean for non KH frame comparability?

Sorry, I only posted half of the quote I wanted. So here again, a quote from Kris:
                    The new torque support against slipping is very simple. Take a look at the inside lip of bearing housings on a KH Frame (post 2012). You will see that the bottom half of the bearing housing does not have a lip on the inside edge.

On the new geared hub, the "groove" on the inside face of the bearing will only go halfway around. So the lip on 1/2 of the bearing housing will fit into this slot and anchor the bearing, when it is clamped.

To fit the hub, compatible frames must not have an inside bearing housing lip on one half of the bearing housing. It doesn't have to be very precise - it could easily just be ground off. So with this minor modification I imagine the d'brake would work.
                    Bouin-Bouin made a nice sketch of this:
                    http://unicyclist.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=29
                    Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                    einradsachsen.com
                    f/EinradSachsen

Comment

• New release Date

The new generation Schlumpf hub shall be available within the first quarter of 2016.
                      Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                      einradsachsen.com
                      f/EinradSachsen

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
                        The new generation Schlumpf hub shall be available within the first quarter of 2016.
                        Oohh, exciting

Originally posted by The Website
                        New 2015 model will be available in early spring 2016
                        Errrm... Is no one else going to comment on that? OK, I won't

Still, awesome. I guess I best start looking into how I'm going to pay for a new wheel!
                        “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
                          I feel like we've been here before.

Announcing: The Brand New 2015 Model Schlumpf Unicycle Hub. Available For Sale - When Pigs Fly...
                          "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

• Last thing I heared from Florian was end of February. But I also only belive it when I see it.
                            Yet, I've been waiting over a year for the hub to come. The rest of my new build is ready since months and lying under my desk, but without a wheel. And the rim is lying around at municycle.com and missing a hub.
                            So I really really hope that this will be the final release date.
                            Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                            einradsachsen.com
                            f/EinradSachsen

Comment

• eric heard it from me. i live close to florian, and i talked to
                              him, because we will visit his little factory in may ar our muni weekend (as always).
                              i told me that at the moment a very well known munirider (guess who) is testing the new generation, and they are ready at the end of february.
                              believe it or not.
                              If everything's under control, you're going too slow

I trust in those:

Triton

Mountainuni Brake System

Schlumpf

Comment

• Maybe Florian should call it the 2016 model. Releasing a 2015 model in 2016 doesn't look quite right...
                                µ-knee

Comment

Working...
                                X