inseam length required on nimbus convertible giraffe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inseam length required on nimbus convertible giraffe

I was thinking about getting http://www.unicycle.com/unicycles/gi...-unicycle.html, but on unicycle.com they say the minimum inseam length is 32".
    I was wondering if anyone on here has used it and if that measurement is correct.

i suspect that figure will be accurate.

On the other hand if you cut down the tube above the bottom bracket correctly you could make it small enough for a toddler to ride...

Comment

There are ways though...

Each section is 400mm long. You can get a 200mm section and use that as the top section. That will give you a saddle potentially 8" lower!

++++++++++++++++++
      Roger Davies
      Unicycle.com in the UK
      The UK's Unicycle Source
      www.unicycle.co.uk
      +++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Keep in mind that in unicycling, the inseam measurement is to the ground, not your ankle. (I think a regular 32" trouser inseam requirment would put a lot of people out of the running.)
        "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

Also note that rogeratunicycledotcom isn't just a guy with a really long username, he's Roger Davies, and I'm pretty sure he designed that unicycle. In other words, he knows what he's talking about.
          John Foss
          www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

How would I go about ordering it with a 200mm section?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiney View Post
              How would I go about ordering it with a 200mm section?
              http://www.unicycle.com/half-length-...extension.html

I dont think you can order it pre-changed so you will have a spare 2ft piece. Add some extra chain and you have the makings of a 9ft giraffe :P.

Comment

Tiney, contact them and ask. Sometimes they'll make substitutions. The worst they might do is say no.

Comment

I think I may just order it seperately and have some extra length if I want to go taller. Thank you, everyone, for all the helpfull information.

Comment

Working...
                  X