Leg Armor alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the answers.
    I have ordered TSG professional wrist guards since mine were a bit too loose and damaged.

I also received the silicone tube so just put A LOT of silicone on the inside of my knee parts like I planed to do.

I will let it dry all the week end. it looks horrible but I'll see how it feels when it's dry.
    - Geared kh36 + Nightrider Lite + Kh Tbar + HS33
    - Qu-ax 36" + nightrider +Q-handle+ cable rim brake
    - kh 29" + knard 29x3+ kh Tbar + HS33
    - Qu-ax trial 19"
    -24"&26" wheels and forks and spare stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by UniDreamerFR View Post
      I will try different things on my knee pads :
      -I can make a belt that holds the pads in place with some straps, like gaterbelt.
      I have recently been considering attaching the knee pads to my shorts using suspenders made from a pair of braces. The bottom of my shorts are right at the top of the knee pads.

(I already use braces to keep my shorts up.)
      Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

Comment

I love my KH percussion knee/shin guards.
        Pros: never slip, comfortable even in shorts, full leg protection, Velcro on/off so you don't have to remove shoes
        Cons: too hot in warm weather, peddles tear them up and I've had to glue them in spots
        Rob Urban
        KH 29 Schlumpf
        Nimbus 27.5 Oracle
        Nimbus II 26 Muni conversion

Comment

OK so I let it dry all the week-end and just tried to put them.
          It clearly ads some serious grip on my thigh and shin once the two straps are locked, and the silicone is extremely supple.
          I tried to make it slide by hands and I have to push hard to make it move, though it stills slides pretty well when the straps are not locked, so it's easy to put on and off.

I don't know yet how it goes when I'll actually ride and sweat but for now this DIY probably gives at least as much grip as the silicone bands you can find on expensive knee guards.
          I even think it gives more grip since I added a BUNCH of silicone.
          - Geared kh36 + Nightrider Lite + Kh Tbar + HS33
          - Qu-ax 36" + nightrider +Q-handle+ cable rim brake
          - kh 29" + knard 29x3+ kh Tbar + HS33
          - Qu-ax trial 19"
          -24"&26" wheels and forks and spare stuffs.

Comment

Working...
          X