No announcement yet.

Flansberrium unicycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This frame is really fitting the wheel like a glove.

The clearance between the crown and tread is 10mm and the side clearance is 15mm. Very impressive as the frame totally disappear with such a wheel.

Time to schedule a trip to the beach...

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Siddhartha Valmont; 2014-07-22, 01:47 PM.
    => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
    => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

Awesome! I'm glad you like it! I thought there was more clearance on the top.

Now show us the whole thing!
      Jakob F.

Comment

OK, so now I'm seriously thinking about a fat-tire uni. Thanks heaps!
        (Seriously, what a great looking frame! Can't wait to see pics of the finished uni!)
        "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
          now show us the whole thing! :d
          +1
          My youtube channel:CANMOREUNIPRODUCTIONS

Visit municycle.ca for all your unicycle needs

Comment

I did a pic session yesterday (as you can guess from my posts) but the global muni pic is too blurry for my taste. I will try to take another one today and post the result in the Monster Uni thread

As for the clearance, the Lou has the tallest tread of all the Surly fat tires (7 or 8 mm tall if I remember correctly). And my measurement was done between the top of the tread and the bottom of the crown.
            Last edited by Siddhartha Valmont; 2014-07-22, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Nice

Those welds look pretty close to perfect . . . like a bunch of stacked up dimes. I like the reinforced plate under the disc tab.

Nice work!
              Brycer1968,
              Mayhem on one-wheel since 1968

Comment

Got mine put together. Everything fits perfectly. I love it
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you soooo much for that picture! You made my day

I'm glad to see that the disk brake fits well also! And dat tire... I love it!

Another batch of frame will be shipped on friday...
                  Jakob F.

Comment

Originally posted by aarons View Post
                    That's pretty much exactly what mine's gonna look like (except for color).

Now I'm even more excited! I'm glad to see someone rocking a floater.
                    "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

Originally posted by aarons View Post
                      such a rad uni!!

Im getting pumped for these frames!!
                      TEAM FUN

Comment

Can anyone measure the sides of their frame legs? I'm looking to find out how wide they are front to back.

Comment

Awesome! I'm glad you like it! I thought there was more clearance on the top.

Done ! The pics & details are in the dedicated Monster uni pics thread.

Comment

Thank you soooo much for that picture! You made my day

I'm glad to see that the disk brake fits well also! And dat tire... I love it!
                            I still have to work on the brake. It rubs a bit. Not related to the frame though.

I don't know about that tire yet. I am going to have to ride it for a while. I have a Knard too. The Floater is definitely heavier and beefier than the Knard. I haven't decided if the weight bothers me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Killian View Post
                              Can anyone measure the sides of their frame legs? I'm looking to find out how wide they are front to back.
                              Oops! Jacob got back with me on that. Carry on!

Comment

Nice frames Jacob, the welds like very clean and regular, I'm quite jealous as welding is one my "to do's" once I get the house remodel complete. I already have a 220 outlet in the garage just waiting for a TIG

I'd skip Ti, it's just to fragile, welding is tricky and the welds tend to crack. Stainless is about the same price for tubing, looks just as nice, and it's stronger.
                                I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

Working...
                                X