No announcement yet.

2014 Douthat Muni Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whaaaat, veggie and bacon have joined forces? I'm shocked, gentlemen.

So, who's cool and has space for an extra car/tent in their campground? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    "I feel like that ride would have gone better if, you know, I were better."

Comment

Originally posted by jrink View Post
      So, who's cool and has space for an extra car/tent in their campground? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
      I'm sure I don't make the grade on the first part of that, but I've got a site reserved for just me and my dinky pup tent so far. I'd be glad to share with another.

Comment

This event is only a couple of weeks away. It looks like we will have a great showing. I have updated the list of who's coming based on information that I received.

munimag, Cabin
        JimmyTheChimp and Paula, Lake camping
        haskinsc and Shelley, Cabin
        paxuni and Marji, not lake camping, Cabin
        jbtilley and Sarah, cabin
        JTurner and Jess, Lake camping
        gorgescrambler
        jrink, Lake camping
        LargeEddie, Lake Camping
        Tribe, Lake Camping
        garmooza, Lake Camping
        Rocklizzerd, lake camping

Any one else planning on coming?

gorgescrambler, did you make reservations for accommodations?

Comment

Mr. Gorgescrambler, aka the Scramblin' Man, is going to do a 50K charity ride called the Gambler, in Athens, Georgia, for ALS. Although I will miss him at Douthat this year, I wish him luck!

Here is the ride: http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114879
          Last edited by Tribe; 2014-04-08, 12:37 AM. Reason: Added Link.

Comment

Thanks, Eddie! Alas, I got picked up by the lovely James-n-Jess and forgot to post back here, so I'm good now. See everyone in a few weeks!
            "I feel like that ride would have gone better if, you know, I were better."

Comment

Np jrink, as long as you've got somewhere to pitch your tent. Space is available for other outcasts/lonely hearts if you need it. See you all at the end of the month.

Comment

Wish I could join you...

I sure wish I could join you again this year, but alas I won't be able to. For those who live in the mid-Atlantic States, this is a fun gathering at a place with awesome MUni trails. I was (almost) blown away by/at the first gathering two years ago.

Have fun!

UPD in Utah

Comment

Originally posted by UPD in Utah View Post
                  I was (almost) blown away by/at the first gathering two years ago.
                  You had to be there to fully appreciate that comment!

Comment

Originally posted by munimag View Post
                    You had to be there to fully appreciate that comment!
                    Yeah, for some reason everyone suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom!
                    MadFurai's YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by MadFurai View Post
                      Yeah, for some reason everyone suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom!
                      In more ways than one!

It did make for a memorable MUni gathering, and allowed us all to get to know each other a little better than we might have sans derecho.

Comment

At least the bathrooms were clean
                        I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

The most important thing about the bathrooms. There weren't any trees inside them in the morning.
                          I'm different, yeah I'm different. I'm different, yeah I'm different. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing.

Comment

I wore my helmet for the rest of the night as I sheltered in the woman's bathroom beer in hand. You can't make this stuff up!

What will Douthat 2014 offer and what will your grand kids miss in tales from the Mountains if you don't come and join us...

This will be the bestest Douthat ever! Go veggies!

pax
                            http://app.strava.com/clubs/28614

Comment

Swap meet

If you have any extra unicycles or parts you would like to sell or trade, bring them along and we can do a swap meet.

Comment

I believe I was told that the trails are still open at night for us. Assuming this is true, is anyone interested in some night muni? I know a few of us could use some practice for later in the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X