No announcement yet.

Kris Holm's Book - Thoughts and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the book and thought it was quality. Nice paper great pictures and lots of good info. The only complaint I have is that there were a couple of places where the sections didn't match up in my edition. Page 104 text sentence ends page 105 + 106 are pictures then page 107 starts mid sentence and it's about hops. Page 104 was about the rating system.

Comment

I just bought my book about a week ago, after reading this thread. The photos are the National Geographic of unicycling. Great job Kris.

The rating system is separate from the hopping. The Landing Seat-Between-Legs To Flat Ground is discussed on page 103 and continues on page 107.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicyclist Lou View Post

The rating system is separate from the hopping. The Landing Seat-Between-Legs To Flat Ground is discussed on page 103 and continues on page 107.
        As far as a layout of a book does that make sense? Why would you have a section continue after another section? Other than that I love the book. That is an editors issue not the authors.

Comment

Good catch on the layout, the sentence is complete but it would have been better if it had ended on the first page. This book was a massive effort to edit, layout-wise, because of the need to place so many photos so that they made sense in relation to the text, and keep the text flowing nicely. And every edit potentially has a subsequent effect on all the pages after that. Hence why I'm really happy when anyone chooses the print version over the e-book.

Attached is a screen capture of the fonts used FYI.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X