X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tholub
    replied
    Originally posted by skilewis74 View Post
    I can see Upper Tilly (#3) but I don't see Cascade anywhere in the legend. I would think it'd also be marked "Difficult"
    It's the one on the north side of the park, where the easier ride splits off and does the switchbacks. Gnarly stuff; I think Josh is the only one who managed to clean it.

Leave a comment:

• skilewis74
    replied
    I can see Upper Tilly (#3) but I don't see Cascade anywhere in the legend. I would think it'd also be marked "Difficult"

Leave a comment:

• tholub
    replied
    Those look knarlier than just about anything in Annedale that is on the trail (although there are many bits that look similar to that off the trail). Most of Annadel is more like the vid that MuniAddict posted.

Which trails did you do in Rockville?
    All the trails are up on the MUni Weekend web site. The gnarliest in Rockville are Upper Tilly and Cascade.

Leave a comment:

• skilewis74
    replied
    Those look knarlier than just about anything in Annedale that is on the trail (although there are many bits that look similar to that off the trail). Most of Annadel is more like the vid that MuniAddict posted.

Which trails did you do in Rockville?
    Last edited by skilewis74; 2013-10-18, 10:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daytripper63
    replied
    Here are a couple links to some video I took at Saturday's Cal Muni weekend Rockville ride.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/lbtz9hzdk4dulzb/8PpDZvdby4

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bamdskqxre3fg8z/lGd1Vd26wO

Leave a comment:

• Daytripper63
    replied
    Here is a link to all the pics I took at Saturdays ride at Rockville park.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6abwq86s7ze0vhi/1bGvEkBG5L

Leave a comment:

• skilewis74
    replied
    Just got back from the pizza after party after the Sun ride at Annadel. I had a blast.

Thanks for all that helped organize this ride =D

I got the least prepared award Bike, no Muni, a bit out of shape and used electrolyzers from John Foss (who among a few others, rode some awesome lines). Also had the only mechanical failure (cassette started to spin on rear hub & a flat)

Leave a comment:

• Tucson Uni
    replied
    Bags are packed and hoppin' on a plane tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• tholub
    replied
    Since we would be on 2 whls would the both of us need to register & pay the $10? That would cover any/all three days right?
    I think registering is probably the right thing to do; that way you'd be covered by our insurance. $10 (in advance) covers all three days.

Which reminds me; there are only 24 hours before online registration closes. On-site registration is $20, so everyone who wants to come, get registered now!

http://unicycling.com/muni/2013/registration/

Weather is looking perfect; it's gonna be a great weekend!

Leave a comment:

• MuniAddict
    replied
    Looks like such a beautiful variety of trails. I'm trying to get all my job commitments either done in time or postpone some of them until after the event. I was also planning another century charity ride on the same weekend but I can reschedule that. Also would need to arrange for someone to watch Morty for me as I don't want to board him. That is usually the biggest obstacle that keeps me from attending most out-of-town events. I do appreciate all the hard work and dedication put into organizing this event!

Leave a comment:

• skilewis74
    replied
    Since we would be on 2 whls would the both of us need to register & pay the $10? That would cover any/all three days right?
    Last edited by skilewis74; 2013-10-04, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tholub
    replied
    Maybe w/ the training wheel, still working on ankle flexibility to fit in new braces (every time I think I'm getting close I add 6 mo to my estimate ). If I do, a MTB friend might come along.
    That'd be cool, the more the merrier.

Leave a comment:

• skilewis74
    replied
    Maybe w/ the training wheel, still working on ankle flexibility to fit in new braces (every time I think I'm getting close I add 6 mo to my estimate ). If I do, a MTB friend might come along.

Leave a comment:

• tholub
    replied
    If that's where I think it is in Annadel, there are a lot of rocks close by that I think would be good for some natural trials at kind of an intermediate level, unless you do some big gaps.

There are some more knarly lines on the edge of the trail on North Burma, although the trial itself is milder.

One of my favorite trails is the Cobblestone, Orchard loop (4.2 mi). Personally I like the trail along Channel Dr. and then up North and South Burma to the top of the hill where the picnic bench is and back a bit better (~6 mi). Lots of rocks to hop off of on the edges along the way.

Live Oak is nice too and a small knarly bit on Louis Trail. I've heard Two Quarry is technical but never been on it. Lots of random good bits in the adjacent Howarth Park (prob w/in 2 mi of paved paths of the Channel parking area)
    Thanks, Lewis, you gonna make it out?

Leave a comment:

• skilewis74
    replied
    If that's where I think it is in Annadel, there are a lot of rocks close by that I think would be good for some natural trials at kind of an intermediate level, unless you do some big gaps.

There are some more knarly lines on the edge of the trail on North Burma, although the trial itself is milder.

One of my favorite trails is the Cobblestone, Orchard loop (4.2 mi). Personally I like the trail along Channel Dr. and then up North and South Burma to the top of the hill where the picnic bench is and back a bit better (~6 mi). Lots of rocks to hop off of on the edges along the way.

Live Oak is nice too and a small knarly bit on Louis Trail. I've heard Two Quarry is technical but never been on it. Lots of random good bits in the adjacent Howarth Park (prob w/in 2 mi of paved paths of the Channel parking area)
    Last edited by skilewis74; 2013-10-03, 03:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X