No announcement yet.

cicLAvia - Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be there with my uni student Anakin. He doesn't yet have a 36er, so we'll be on our MUnis, which will be at least as much fun since last time we stopped at various places to do trials, stairs, etc., including a rooftop sesh!
    Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
    Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
    -Dani Buron

Website
    Videos
    Facebook

Comment

How about 10 am at the One Wilshire Hub at the eastern end of the course?

That provides easy access by metro, and bailout points on the way back at Wilshire Western, Wilshire Vermont, or Macarthur Park, if anyone isn't up to the full 12 miles.

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good plan. Has anyone ever taken their unicycle on the metro? I haven't, so just wondering how it goes. I wouldn't want to put it in the regular bicycle rack. (I looked on their website, and they say folding bikes can be brought on board. I think a unicycle is probably a lot like a folding bike. Maybe it would help to remove the pedals?)
        "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

Would love to join you guys if I don't have to work. Will keep you posted.
          http://www.uniproshow.com

One Love Unicycle Club (Coming to Denver soon...)

Comment

Originally posted by LanceB View Post
            That sounds like a pretty good plan. Has anyone ever taken their unicycle on the metro? I haven't, so just wondering how it goes. I wouldn't want to put it in the regular bicycle rack. (I looked on their website, and they say folding bikes can be brought on board. I think a unicycle is probably a lot like a folding bike. Maybe it would help to remove the pedals?)
            There is no issue taking a unicycle, even a 36" on the metro. The bike rack issue applies only to buses not the subway trains.

Comment

El Rey Theater at 9.

I will be meeting up with friends at

El Rey Theatre
              5515 Wilshire Blvd
              Los Angeles, CA 90036

Please join us a 9. If not, we'll hook up later

Comment

I think starting at the other end works better for me. If my wife and son come with their bikes (which looks likely at the moment), I will drive and park in the big underground lot at Pershing Square, which is pretty convenient to the freeway.
                So having both ends covered is probably a good thing -- more exposure to more people. Maybe we'll win some converts, or at least pique someone's interest.
                I'll look for you along the route!
                "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

I'll stick with 10 at the East End. I imagine leaving the west end at 9, you'll likely be arriving at the east end around 10 anyway. Keep an eye out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisGuyIKnow View Post
                    I'll stick with 10 at the East End. I imagine leaving the west end at 9, you'll likely be arriving at the east end around 10 anyway. Keep an eye out for us.
                    It'll be great yo see you again. We'll meet up somewhere on Wilshire. Cheers.
                    Last edited by timoteusmunk; 2014-03-30, 01:06 AM.

Comment

This Sunday 04/06

c i c LA v i a

This Sunday 04/06

Comment

For any of you that have done this before, do they have vendors and food trucks set up along the way? Or more specifically any entertainment along the way? I ask because I'm wondering if you think I would be able to find a spot to set up and do my street performing show. Thinking at one of the ends might be the best...or maybe somewhere in the middle. Please let me know if you think I could get a couple shows in or if you think I would get shut down by the organizers/cops.
                        http://www.uniproshow.com

One Love Unicycle Club (Coming to Denver soon...)

Comment

Originally posted by unicycle6869 View Post
                          For any of you that have done this before, do they have vendors and food trucks set up along the way? Or more specifically any entertainment along the way? I ask because I'm wondering if you think I would be able to find a spot to set up and do my street performing show. Thinking at one of the ends might be the best...or maybe somewhere in the middle. Please let me know if you think I could get a couple shows in or if you think I would get shut down by the organizers/cops.
                          I'm only guessing but you would most likely have to have a permit specifically for the event. I don't recall seeing any street performers anywhere during the last two Ciclavia events I attended. But I could be mistaken. It might be a good idea to call the event organizers just to be sure. I did find this on the CicLavia website, but I'm not sure if it would apply to performers: "you must secure permission from a property owner along the route and follow the city’s guidelines. You may not block the sidewalk."
                          Last edited by MuniAddict; 2014-04-02, 09:12 PM.
                          Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                          Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

It's this weekend, unicyclers😄

Attached Files

Comment

Today

Today

Comment

The Wicked Wheelmen at cicLAvia

Jeff aka ThisGuyIKnow (L), Phil from Santa Barbara Muni Club (R) and Tim tore up Wilshire Blvd today
                                The fun riding cicLAvia and great responses from people all make for a great experience.
                                LanceB showed up, too on his epic 32" HotRod. Unfortunately not in this picture.
                                He is definitely a Wicked Wheelman!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X