• Show
Clear All

HEART of LA / cicLAvia *****October 6th*****

This Sunday

Comment

Bring yet 36'er, 29'er, 26, 24, 20 or whatever and uniON

I'll be on my 36'er this time

Comment

What section are you planning on riding? (Looking at the route map on the CicLAvia website, it looks like it goes off in several different directions.) What is your planned schedule (if any)?
        "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

No plans as of yet. I'll be joining some friends of mine and they will be on bicycles. My wife, too. That's all i have got right now. But the Heart of LA layout is quite nice. Good stuff.

Comment

I'd be interested in riding with some other unicyclists, I haven't been on my uni in ages though so I probably won't keep up with bikes. Ideally I would choose to do McArthur Park to Chinatown or Mariachi plaza leaving at 10 or 11am and then take the metro back.

Comment

How many on unicycles?

CicLAvia organizers expect 150,000 people Sunday in heart of L.A.

Comment

7th & Alvarado at 9 AM on Sun for some cicLAvia fun.

7th & Alvarado at 9:00 AM on Sunday for some fun cicLAvia.
                Please join me if you like and ride as far as you would like. Totally relaxed sort of thing and lots of fun. I'll be joining a few friends on b*kes as well. The more the merrier.

Comment

I'll come out and join you. Do you have a specific place in the MacArthur Park area to meet up? With a big crowd it could be a little hectic.

Comment

Had a blast this weekend riding with my uni-student Anakin, and his mom Lila (I'm teaching her next!) both Saturday at the trail and today at CicLavia. Notice how I "tweeked" the "official" CicLavia logo just a tad, haha!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7veoZ8uSI"]Mountain Unicycling and CicLavia 2013 - YouTube[/ame]
                    Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                    Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                    -Dani Buron

Website
                    Videos
                    Facebook

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice baton handoff to the dog Terry.

Anakin is a natural rider. Lots of talent to work with there.

I'm not so sure that Lila is quite as enthusiastic about learning to ride as her son is, but she did say "maybe"
                        Last edited by Harley; 2013-10-07, 05:46 PM.
                        Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can piss a hole through a rock.

Comment

Although Anakin is only 12, he's been riding a mtb for TEN years, developing into a very excellent rider. So that undoubtedly has been a big advantage.

Btw, in case you hadn't noticed in the video, I "tweaked" the official CicLavia logo a bit!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ciclaviapic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	2451630
                          Last edited by MuniAddict; 2013-10-07, 07:27 PM.
                          Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                          Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

Any plans for April 6th? I'd suggest starting at either MacArthur PArk or One Wilshire, in order to get there on the metro.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisGuyIKnow View Post
                              Any plans for April 6th? I'd suggest starting at either MacArthur PArk or One Wilshire, in order to get there on the metro.

Oh yeah! Let's get together like we did last time

Comment

I'm planning on it. It would be great to have a time and place where we could plan on starting and riding together.
                                "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

Comment

Working...
                                X