OUT the Game (Super Beginner) - Any Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GShoe View Post
    To the other people riding K-1 Black Dominas, do you have any tire clearance issues? My tire rubs against the bottom of the frame a lot depending on how much I blow it up. You can hear it when I idle. I think I just got a bad frame that I should have returned but it's still ridable. I filed down the bottom tube a little but I didn't want to significantly weaken the frame by filing into the welds. It's really annoying...
    That's interesting. I have an Alien Backflip, which is supposed to be the same unicycle, but mine has 2cm of clearance. I find the clearance on mine annoyingly large as my foot gets pulled under when I'm hopping on the tire.
    My Website: www.Unitips.ca for trick tips and gear advice!

Visit Municycle.ca Canada's online unicycle source!

Check out the Municycle.ca Blog for news, tutorials and more!

Comment

• Oh man. I had a juggling festival so I couldn't record anything. That stinks. Oh well. I had fun. I guess I can still try and get these things down even though I'm out.

Comment

• Sorry for the bad quality, i just could not wait for tomorrow to make the video, I want to set next trick

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahuyz-L3wlQ"]YouTube - OTG Round 5[/ame]

Originally posted by GShoe View Post
        .. it's how I started riding with one foot so it is useful to learn if you haven't already.
        I'm also learning 1 ft riding from 1 ft idling, if you try to idle with the resting foot on air, you learn how to balance better and hopefully you will be able to ride with one foot sooner, at least this is working for me
        http://www.monociclos.tk

Comment

• Originally posted by GShoe View Post
          To the other people riding K-1 Black Dominas, do you have any tire clearance issues? My tire rubs against the bottom of the frame a lot depending on how much I blow it up. You can hear it when I idle. I think I just got a bad frame that I should have returned but it's still ridable. I filed down the bottom tube a little but I didn't want to significantly weaken the frame by filing into the welds. It's really annoying...
          That sucks. I would think any rubbing would slow you down a lot. I've heard of people putting shims in the bearing holders. That might give you some more clearance.

That's interesting. I have an Alien Backflip, which is supposed to be the same unicycle, but mine has 2cm of clearance. I find the clearance on mine annoyingly large as my foot gets pulled under when I'm hopping on the tire.
          I have a Green Spirit - same uni different colors. There is about half a cm of clearance, which I think is about right.

Bad luck I guess. Defects should be very rare.

Comment

• I have a K1 black domina II and no issues with tire rubbing. But clearance is very low. Maybe it is a combintion of things, like your bearing caps being too tight, or your wheel not being round or true, or possibly that the tire is not seated correctly? Or yes it could be a faulty frame I suppose.

I wasn't here, but I don't think Fakek should get an O. He did it despite horrible weather, and posted only a few minutes after vookash ended it. But I think it's really up to the setter to decide who passed or didn't.

Also, I really hope I can get 1ft idle down, I've been trying to do 1ft riding and idling with little luck. Is it easier on a bigger wheel or a smaller wheel?
            Last edited by Dane M; 2011-04-04, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane M View Post
              Also, I really hope I can get 1ft idle down, I've been trying to do 1ft riding and idling with little luck. Is it easier on a bigger wheel or a smaller wheel?
              I canīt tell you, my uni is the only one i've ridden for a long time but i think is not about the size of the wheel but the relation between the wheel and the cranks. I have 17 cm cranks on a 24" wheel uni so i have to pedal with almost no power, that gives me a lot of control. i once rode a friend's 20" uni whose wheel/crank relation was almost equal to my uni, and it felt the same. I also tried to normal ride on a 20" uni with 10 cm cranks and it felt so weird, i could not even make 5 revs.
              http://www.monociclos.tk

Comment

I wasn't here, but I don't think Fakek should get an O. He did it despite horrible weather, and posted only a few minutes after vookash ended it. But I think it's really up to the setter to decide who passed or didn't.
                If nobody objects then I think we can accept this. This game is about learning unicycling, not time keeping.
                But actually my post was already about 2 hours after the deadline, so it was not just a matter of minutes. If you know you'll be a bit late write beforehand

I hope I can get the idling in next three days as I'm going for some vacation on Thursday. And I've tried riding/idling 1ft and I'm really bad at it
                Last edited by vookash; 2011-04-04, 04:39 AM.
                http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

• Any tips for us learning? I don't have a wall with flat ground by it, maybe just try normal idling and slowly try to remove weight from the upper foot?

Comment

• Any tips for us learning?
                    I sort stumbled upon this trick. I had been idling for a while and I realized it was pretty easy to take my top foot off and rest it on the frame, so I could do it almost instantly.
                    It's important to be confident at idling and focus on applying and releasing pressure on the bottom foot, because that's where the control should come from. Your top foot is mostly along for the ride.
                    Maybe you could try kicking your top foot forward or backwards when your cranks are changing direction. Then build on that by doing a few kicks in a row then getting your foot on the frame. I dunno, hopefully it will just "click". Good luck.
                    Join JackThreads.com for great deals on clothing (and get me a discount ) Click Here
                    Or join TheClymb.com for outdoorsy stuff (and get me some more discounts ) Click Here

Comment

• Wear plenty of protective gear is my tip!
                      Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

• Am I the only one who learnt to ride one footed first and then idle one footed? I only learnt today how to idle with one foot.

Oh yeah and I found out my holiday is until the saturday so if I can learn whatever trick is next and film it in one day I should be fine.
                        I have discovered something, take the meaning of life, 42 and take away 41 for no apparent reason and you get 1. Therefore everything with one wheel is related to the meaning of life.
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/unicycleOLI

Comment

• Thanks! I've seen people describe how to one foot idle before, but when I idle, I use both feet, because I'm not always sitting weight on the seat. I'll try more weight on the seat, and idling while releasing pressure on my high foot.

Comment

• Here's mine:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEcTfhmX0_U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEcTfhmX0_U[/ame]

Tricks so far:
                            1. Kickup mount - headcamguy
                            2. Idle left, forward, backward, idle right - TrialFreak
                            3. Hop up 4 stairs, ride down - aarons
                            4. Ride a curb for 3 meters - vookash
                            5. Idle with one foot 5 times - GShoe

The list:
                            O U _ TrialFreak*
                            _ _ _ headcamguy*
                            _ _ _ vookash*
                            _ _ _ Fakek(landed)
                            _ _ _ Dane M
                            _ _ _ aarons*(landed)
                            O _ _ unicycleOLI
                            O U _ GShoe*(set)

The list is right, right?
                            Last edited by aarons; 2011-04-05, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I've seen people describe how to one foot idle before, but when I idle, I use both feet, because I'm not always sitting weight on the seat. I'll try more weight on the seat, and idling while releasing pressure on my high foot.
                              Yeah I think weight on the seat is the secret. Too much weight on the pedal and you lurch around a lot. You'll know you're figuring it out when it starts to feel smooth.

Comment

• Here's mine

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-mRx1FCM3g"]YouTube - OTG (super beginner) any style: Trick 5: One foot idling[/ame]

And the new list:
                                O U _ TrialFreak*
                                _ _ _ headcamguy*
                                _ _ _ vookash*
                                _ _ _ Fakek(landed)
                                _ _ _ Dane M
                                _ _ _ aarons*(landed)
                                O _ _ unicycleOLI(landed)
                                O U _ GShoe*(set)
                                I have discovered something, take the meaning of life, 42 and take away 41 for no apparent reason and you get 1. Therefore everything with one wheel is related to the meaning of life.
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/unicycleOLI

Comment

Working...
                                X