Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you tune into Public Radio or Public Television? Do you prefer Commercial Media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alucard View Post
    Hi Billy,
    FWIW I try to avoid listening to live radio. Too scary
    If I am sat at my desk crafting I usually listen to an itunes radio station, usually from America, and usually golden oldies, and usually with a cup of tea
    Alucard,

you are WAY too young to be tuning into Golden Oldies

Billy
    While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

Cheers Billy

I love songs from the 40's, 50's' and 60's
      Last edited by Alucard; 2012-04-10, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I listen to Brookdale Radio, 90.5 The Night, an NPR station that plays rock and pop here in Monmouth County, NJ.

There are no words I look more forward to than, "This is NPR News, I'm Lakshmi Singh."
        Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
        To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
          So you are also against pirate radio?
          Depends on what their message is like. In the 80'ies there was one sea-pirate left on the Nordsea in Europe, Radio Monique, who got financial support from a church in a Beverly Hills alike village. So guess if there was any difference with most other pirates (who's talk discloses where the money is floating from).

Or say Indymedia; how independant and well-balanced is their news?

A weird hacker mate of me, who more recently on court order had to discontinue hosting supply to the pirate bay, once had a marvelous idea: put digital AM transmitters on Sealand... that would have been the ultimate broadcast setup, with -since AM seems to bounce- from that location probably a far better reach than anything else - but digital!

But generalizing I think pirate radio is the least evil biased media.
          unicycle.show
          unicycle.blog
          unicycle.builders
          +1 866 UNI-CYCL

Comment

There have been several such schemes in the recent past to purchase Sealand, or host servers there to secure data against government intrusion.

The current "royal family" of Sealand got their start by occupying the platform to broadcast pirate radio to Britain.

Originally posted by leo View Post
            A weird hacker mate of me, who more recently on court order had to discontinue hosting supply to the pirate bay, once had a marvelous idea: put digital AM transmitters on Sealand... that would have been the ultimate broadcast setup, with -since AM seems to bounce- from that location probably a far better reach than anything else - but digital!

But generalizing I think pirate radio is the least evil biased media.
            later,
            nick http://www.extreme.unicyclist.com

Comment

Originally posted by maestro8 View Post
              How do you avoid tripping on the sidewalk with your nose so high in the air?
              I'm not stuck up I just hate TV. It creates a world of sheep.

Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
              What? Are you a slave who must work ALL the time? no time for TV?!!
              That is often true. I frequently work 12 hour days or longer. Then there is always something that needs fixing or someone calling to rattle my brain...

Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
              As for radio, it's conservatives, for the most part, who rule. Rush, Sean, Savage, Prager, Medved, Tim Conway jr., John & Ken, Larry Elder, Tammy Bruce, Roger Hedgecock and way too many more to list. They totally dominate am radio. And Fox news slaughters all other cable news on a regular basis.
              Scariest thing I have read online to date.
              ----------------------------------------------

Art is a misspelled rat.
              "The unicyclist is the purest form of rebel"

Comment

For the record I do like some PBS TV shows but I can't remember the last time I watched one.
                ----------------------------------------------

Art is a misspelled rat.
                "The unicyclist is the purest form of rebel"

Comment

Working...
                X