Uni's In Adds, Movies and ECT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni's In Adds, Movies and ECT.

Flipping through the Ikea 2012 Catalog I saw a add on page 46 that has a giraffe Uni in it.

I think its like when you buy a certain car and all of a sudden you see them everywhere.

I thought it might be cool to start a thread where you post an obscure Uni spotting.

At the Burlington Coat Factory in Dentin, TX there is/was a poster in the men's suit section that shows a man in a suit, carrying a briefcase, and riding a unicycle.
    Nimbus 29 with Pi bar
    Nimbus 36 with T7
    Koxx-One Domina II

Live with intention. Walk to the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by DhEXED View Post
      Uni's In Adds, Movies and ECT.
      Dear God, where do I start?

The errant apostrophe sticks out like a thorn in one's palm, as does the misspelled contraction of advertisement.

Those unnecessary capital letters throttle my eyeballs like a boxer does a speed bag.

What really makes me barf... that misspelled-acronym-of-a-latin-noun-in-all-caps ending.

I'm not even going to touch this one. Just let it go, Jason, just let it go...
      "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by maestro8 View Post

The errant apostrophe sticks out like a thorn in one's palm, as does the misspelled contraction of advertisement.

Those unnecessary capital letters throttle my eyeballs like a boxer does a speed bag.

What really makes me barf... that misspelled-acronym-of-a-latin-noun-in-all-caps ending.

Didn't see that coming...
        "Light a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

"'Your' and 'You're' are sworn enemies. If you misplace them, it could lead to violence."

My Youtube

Comment

I'm here to entertain.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinLee View Post
            Didn't see that coming...
            Not to boast, but I sure as shit did.
            Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
            To Shvitz Divine

Comment

But he didn't even mention it was in the wrong forum!
              John Foss
              www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Glad I wasn't the only one bothered by this post.

Comment

Originally posted by JJuggle View Post
                  sure as shit
                  I can understand the origins of DhEXED's thread title, but this one puzzles me to no end.

How is shit sure? Where does this sureness compare on the continuum of surety; is it between that of a Timex watch's reliability and that of my ability to mount a Coker?

Does this imply a comparison to shit or a comparison to surety? ...or to both?

Could this simply be a contraction of "sure as shit st*nks"? That would make more sense.
                  "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I can understand the origins of DhEXED's thread title, but this one puzzles me to no end.

How is shit sure? Where does this sureness compare on the continuum of surety; is it between that of a Timex watch's reliability and that of my ability to mount a Coker?

Does this imply a comparison to shit or a comparison to surety? ...or to both?

Could this simply be a contraction of "sure as shit st*nks"? That would make more sense.
                    I believe your last supposition is the correct one, but that said, I have always just liked the sound of this expression. And to most native speakers of English it gets the point across.

...the point across what you will undoubtedly ask and then answer for yourself.
                    Last edited by JJuggle; 2011-08-10, 05:59 PM.
                    Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                    To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Where does this sureness compare on the continuum of surety; is it between that of a Timex watch's reliability and that of my ability to mount a Coker?
                      This surety supersedes both of those. A Timex can break, or the battery can die. You will eventually get too old to (safely) freemount a Coker. But even then, you won't be able to avoid your own need to sh*t. I'm sure.
                      John Foss
                      www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Here's one in a paper towel ad.
                        Attached Files
                        -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Oooohhh....a Kia ad.
                          Attached Files
                          -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Me and 2 of my unis show up on a report about the GPN11 (a small hacker conference), minute 3:30:
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J805-njOwKo"]‪[Report] Gullasch Programmier Nacht 11‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Note that my extremely bad balance is due to several days without sleep. I managed to ride down the stairs you see at the end of the video, later during the conference.

Join Unicyclemap.com!
                            ----
                            [ Karlsruhe/Germany - kamikaze@bsdforen.de ]
                            ----
                            onewheeldave: deep in my heart I feel that unicycling was born of heroes and atheletes, not clowns and entertainers

Comment

DhEXED,

You have exhibited the graciousness that can only come from a secure person comfortable in their own skin.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X