Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone thought of making a uni with a car tire?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DSchmitt View Post
    another dood made one with a motorcycle wheel/tire as well. looked pretty awesome, id love to ride it.
    Here's the thread:

    http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82654
    "Light a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

    "'Your' and 'You're' are sworn enemies. If you misplace them, it could lead to violence."


    My Youtube

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by AustinLee View Post
      And another pic of the same uni:

      Well played.

      I've never seen that pic before.
      Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
      If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
      harper
      MikeFule Seager BluntRM
      NAMASTE!
      Dave

      Comment


      • #18
        Unicycle Sculpture

        Hello Unicycle Builders,

        You have gotten my attention.

        I am a high school art teacher on the verge of being a retired teacher, and I am desperately trying to find a new direction. One of my favorite activities is sculpture... large, small, wood, found objects, etc.

        When I saw these unicycles I immediately thought about how cool it would be to create sculptures that are unicycles... or vice versa.

        I showed my husband these neat pictures and shared my thoughts with him. Bad idea. He went into his usual rant about how I'm wasting my time riding the unicycle and that building a unicycle would be impossible for me. (Not only do I have to conquer my own insecurities to ride around the neighborhood, I have to IGNORE his negative attitude about how ridiculous it is for me to be even attempting to ride a unicycle!!)

        Anyway, I have no welding experience.
        Does unicycle building always involve welding?

        I just love these unicycles in particular. They remind me of the human figure, especially the one that looks like a bent leg in skeletal form.

        Very NICE lobbybopster!

        Don't LAUGH!!!
        What sort of equipment would I need to construct a similar type sculptured unicycle?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 57UniRider; 2011-07-13, 12:30 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Looks like the opposite of fun to me.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 57UniRider View Post
            Anyway, I have no welding experience.
            Does unicycle building always involve welding?
            first time quoting, hopefully it works...

            I've never built a unicycle, but I've built other things. I've never welded, so I've always managed to find workarounds for welding. I believe enough creativity and time in a hardware store could yield enough parts to be able to create a unicycle that uses no welding. however, I just wanted a welder in the first place, so that's why I wanted to use one.
            "Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves....When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 57UniRider View Post
              He went into his usual rant about how I'm wasting my time riding the unicycle and that building a unicycle would be impossible for me.
              Eventually he may learn that telling a unicyclist that stuff is impossible just makes them want to do it even more. When he says stuff like that, reply with "Thank you for your support." Then go out and keep getting better at whatever it is.
              Does unicycle building always involve welding?
              I have plenty of custom welded parts. I don't know how to weld. There are always welders, machinists or other people with the right tools around who can do small jobs, often for very reasonable prices. Just got to find ones you trust.
              John Foss
              www.unicycling.com

              "Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                Eventually he may learn that telling a unicyclist that stuff is impossible just makes them want to do it even more. When he says stuff like that, reply with "Thank you for your support." Then go out and keep getting better at whatever it is.
                Thank you!
                That's perfect!

                Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                I have plenty of custom welded parts. I don't know how to weld. There are always welders, machinists or other people with the right tools around who can do small jobs, often for very reasonable prices. Just got to find ones you trust.
                Guess I should start collecting some metal parts.

                Thanks John!
                I always feel privileged when I get a response from you!
                Last edited by 57UniRider; 2011-07-21, 12:10 PM.

                Comment

                Working...
                X