Why do YOU unicyle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do YOU unicyle?

why do you unicycle? What makes it so awesome for you?

I don't unicycle.
    Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?
    Entropy isn't what it used to be.

Comment

I miss the old days.

Unicycling used to mean freedom. I could ride without having to add equipment. Just me and the unicycle.

Now that I am old and brittle I need to put on cycling shorts, tights, helmet, wrist guards, knee and shin guards, fanny pack (for tools wallet etc), mirror and specific shoes. Elbow pads probably wouldn't be a bad idea. It gets to be a significant project just to go ride around the neighborhood.

JD
      Falling is easy, its not picking the scabs that is hard.

www.checkpointpawn.com

Comment

I ride because I can.
        Ah, unicyclist.com, we meet again after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by jmille2788 View Post
          Unicycling used to mean freedom. I could ride without having to add equipment. Just me and the unicycle.

Now that I am old and brittle I need to put on cycling shorts, tights, helmet, wrist guards, knee and shin guards, fanny pack (for tools wallet etc), mirror and specific shoes. Elbow pads probably wouldn't be a bad idea. It gets to be a significant project just to go ride around the neighborhood.

JD
          If the younger riders take those precautions every time they ride, there will be a lot more of them still riding at our age, and much less likely to become [prematurely] old & brittle!
          Last edited by MuniAddict; 2011-03-21, 08:32 PM.
          Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
          Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
          -Dani Buron

Website
          Videos
          Facebook

Comment

I wear my protective gear!

There have been these threads before.... but...

I ride because it's relaxing, and when I'm not riding just to relax, then it's fun to challenge myself to learn something new, or conquer some obstacle. There are other reasons, but those are the main motivations

Comment

Originally posted by unicyclesister View Post
              why do you unicycle?
              First thing's first: who are you and what gives you the right to interrogate us?
              "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I havent been on the forum for a bloody long time, and still maestro is the same :L

I unicycle because that is the term given to the act of riding a unicycle, and I do that because it is fun.
                This is no longer a blank signature, that is all

Comment

Originally posted by ivan View Post
                  i don't unicycle.
                  +1.
                  Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Comment

I unicycle because a BC wheel doesn't have pedals.
                    Unicycling is so awesome because it's like riding a tricycle that's missing two wheels.

--> Grease for your Schlumpf hub (free shipping!) <--

Comment

Originally posted by unicyclesister View Post
                      why do you unicycle? What makes it so awesome for you?
                      Hawo unicyclesister, welcome to the forums.

I haven't unicycled in a while actually, but everytime i do. It is just something that separates me from those who BMX or skateboard and the unique factor (Especially in my area) makes people go when they see me unicycling.
                      I am one weird and unusual Greek Cypriot Australian with a pienormous heart.

Can't wait till this game is finally released.

Comment

It's peer pressure, daddy-o. Around here all the cool kids ride.

That and I can't seem to find my other wheel.

Comment

miles of smiles

Comment

Originally posted by 1-wheeled-grape View Post
                            I havent been on the forum for a bloody long time, and still maestro is the same
                            Actually, I lost about 5 lbs from playing lots of ultimate frisbee... but it figures you wouldn't notice. You never look at me like the other boys do.
                            "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by maestro8 View Post
                              First thing's first: who are you and what gives you the right to interrogate us?
                              Erm... You can hardly call it interrogation- it's just a normal question. No one is forcing you to answer.
                              "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the others. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

Comment

Working...
                              X