Poison Control: Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison Control: Good or Bad?

I've always been a proponent of poison control.

Many of those on the right object, feeling that poison control infringes on their rights to own all kinds of deadly poisons.

They feel their family is safe from attack if would-be attackers think they may have poison.

What about you?
    While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Originally posted by billythemountain View Post
    many of those in the right object, feeling that poison control infringes on their rights to own all kinds of deadly poisons.
    ftfy
    -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

I agree, something must be done to control Poison! They are out of control!

(Oh crap, did I misread this thread too?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	06poison.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	2424924
      Last edited by MuniAddict; 2009-11-02, 10:39 PM.
      Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
      Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
      -Dani Buron

Website
      Videos
      Facebook

Comment

I'm having trouble finding a reliable source of arsenic.

I'm a bit irritated by the whole process, actually.... It would be great if we could streamline it somehow.
        There's nothing wrong with being abnormally happy.

Comment

I love you, Billy.

Although I really expected you to come out with a "Nuclear Weapons Control" thread. I think you're slipping.

Comment

Thank you!

This was a great way to raise the point.

I love satire.
            "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
            -Jack Layton

^*3rd - 540 Unispin Comp*^

Comment

Originally posted by Peripatet View Post
              I think you're slipping.
              Yeah. Since the original thread did begin with a personal story, you could have at least made up some anecdotal evidence to entertain us.

Comment

Poisons often mean different things to urban and rural populations. Urban citizens seem to get their ideas of poison mostly from movies where they may be used against people by villains while rural people are more likely to know that most poisons that are used are critical for food production and keep everyones bellies full.
                My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
                  Poisons often mean different things to urban and rural populations. Urban citizens seem to get their ideas of poison mostly from movies where they may be used against people by villains while rural people are more likely to know that most poisons that are used are critical for food production and keep everyones bellies full.
                  Great point!

Reminds me of how after the WTC bombing in the early 90's farmers had to jump through all kinds of legal hoops to buy their regular high-test fertilizer. It seems the FBI was worried anyone buying the stuff was trying to build a bomb.

Likewise, a machine shop with buckets of aluminum shavings and iron filings is pretty benign, while a group of anarchists with the same supplies could be cause for concern.

It's all relative and the big takeaway here is that when regulating all of this, we need to be careful not to respond to the first knee-jerk in the aftermath of as disaster and paint it all with too broad a brush.

Comment

A poison possessing society is a polite society.
                    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your mother"

Comment

Originally posted by Peripatet View Post
                      Likewise, a machine shop with buckets of aluminum shavings and iron filings is pretty benign, while a group of anarchists with the same supplies could be cause for concern.
                      Hey now, why are you prejudice against anarchists? Another word for anarchist is voluntarist. Would that sentence make any sense if you used the term voluntarists?
                      Gilby

Comment

Originally posted by Gilby View Post
                        Hey now, why are you prejudice against anarchists? Another word for anarchist is voluntarist. Would that sentence make any sense if you used the term voluntarists?
                        A better word would be militants then their is no ideological bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilby View Post
                          Most volunteers don't throw fire boms at banks and assassinate presidents and kings.
                          While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
                            Really?!?

You guys put poison in our FOOD??!!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
                              Really?!?

You guys put poison in our FOOD??!!
                              ever hear of roundup?
                              My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Working...
                              X