Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a legit Diablo 2 lod cd key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just heard back from Blizzard. They agree that this constitutes piracy.
    Last edited by ThisGuyIKnow; 2009-06-24, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Funny, my e-mail says its ok.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Technical Support my name is Cirilo and I will be assisting you today.

As long as you are not making multiple copies of the key and/or game you should be fine. Here are some additional tips on keeping your cd key safe.

Your game CD-Key is very important and is needed any time you reinstall the game. Below are some simple steps to protect your CD-Key.
      Then below they just mentioned these.

Blizzard Entertainment will only request your CD-Key or account password thru formal technical support procedures in rare instances. Blizzard will never request your CD-Key or Account password in a Battle.net channel or in a Battle.net game. If anyone asks for this information while you are on Battle.net - DO NOT give it to them. Blizzard may ask for this information if you call the technical support phone number, fill out a form on the http://www.blizzard.com/ website, or if you send an email to any of the @blizzard.com email addresses. If you are concerned about sending this information over email, please call 1-949-955-1382 to speak with a Blizzard Entertainment Technical Support Representative.

You can tell someone is a Blizzard employees on Battle.net because they will have either a Blizzard logo - http://www.battle.net/info/icons.shtml or a blue cape and plate mail - http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/bnetchat.shtml, depending on the game title).

Do not buy a game if the original seal has been removed or broken.

Do not rent a Blizzard Entertainment game as they require a unique installation CD-Key.

Keep your CD-Key in a safe place should you need to re-install your game.

Do not run third party programs - http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21133 as they can steal your CD-Key
      Just basic guidelines really.

Thank you,
      Cirilo
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Technical Support
      www.blizzard.com/support
      So I still stand that giving a key to someone isnt a direct form of piracy. And according to my e-mail, they dont really worry about it either.

You can keep trying to group as piracy, but honestly, im never going to care or change my mind and beyond this point we are just beating a dead horse. So, agree to disagree? Game on, uni on!?

Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
      Want some advice? Do better.
      ~Jerrick

Comment

The response from Blizzard clearly has to do with how our emails to them were worded.

You clearly worded your email in a way asking if it was okay for someone to lend or give their copy of the game to someone else, not that someone is asking for a "legit" cd key over an internet forum

If you read the email that you received it says as long as no one made a copy of the cd-key or game, but Shay already had a copy of the game, so a copy was made. It is piracy.

You certainly don't have to agree that piracy is wrong, or that piracy should be avoided, but piracy is involved here.

Comment

this thread makes me gigglegiggle.
          If Jackie was a girl, I thinkd id date her.
          ~Jerrick

If my government ever decides to blow me up, I hope they will choose to do it in a humane way also.

~johnfoss

hinunggbinu!!!

~JJtheunicycle

Comment

Why is this thread still going? I gave him the key already, it's done.
            My Unicycling Journal
            Officially ended.

Comment

Originally posted by dudewithasock View Post
              Arr! You be a PIRATE!!

Comment

Sweet!
                My Unicycling Journal
                Officially ended.

Comment

Originally posted by dudewithasock View Post
                  This is the Internet. Things are never finished. Now that this thread exists, Google will return it for people who are looking for this particular CD key.

Do we want Unicyclist.com to be associated with software piracy? Whether the answer is yes or no, it's happening already.
                  "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I let my friend borrow my expansion disk and he lost the sleeve thank you.

Thanks again socks, i only want to use it for a month or so, just refreshing up on the story, trying a few new builds.

Username is Cmartinez on uswest.
                    [B]Take a look at the bigger picture, we're all mere holograms.

Comment

Originally posted by SHAY_CAM View Post
                      Username is Cmartinez on uswest.
                      Added ^.^
                      Sauron Zerg
                      You're so noob you prehop before you prehop!
                      Its not about the tricks you do, its how you use them

Ya'reeeee

Comment

Its never over! Muwahahahah!

In the e-mail.

What are your thoughts on this. Do you consider this to be piracy?
                        The body of the message, I can copy for you as well. But all I put was. "Hello. I have an old copy of Diablo II that I dont play anymore.

A while back my friend was getting back into the game. So I gave him my cd and cd-key. Before this, on a previous copy of the game, I let a friend use the cd-key because I was not playing anymore and he had the disc, but no key."

Same thing that has happened in this thread.

I wonder if its piracy if I get my cd-key back? Becasue I just did. Not sure I want to start it up again though.
                        Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
                        Want some advice? Do better.
                        ~Jerrick

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrick View Post
                          Its never over! Muwahahahah!

In the e-mail.

The body of the message, I can copy for you as well. But all I put was. "Hello. I have an old copy of Diablo II that I dont play anymore.

A while back my friend was getting back into the game. So I gave him my cd and cd-key. Before this, on a previous copy of the game, I let a friend use the cd-key because I was not playing anymore and he had the disc, but no key."

Same thing that has happened in this thread.

I wonder if its piracy if I get my cd-key back? Becasue I just did. Not sure I want to start it up again though.
                          As I suspected you didn't accurately describe the situation. You made up a hypothetical situation and asked if that was piracy rather than describing the actual even that someone was asking for a CD-key on a public forum.

And like I've said numerous times if he has a legitimate copy (Which he know says he does) he can get a replacement CD-Key from directly from Blizzard no need to ask for one on a public forum.

Asking for serialz is piracy related and does not belong on this forum.

Comment

No, you cant.
                            Once you lose it, all is lost.
                            [B]Take a look at the bigger picture, we're all mere holograms.

Comment

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...ategoryId=2616

Please do your research before saying that I am wrong.

Comment

Hey guys

Me and my brother have two setups of they game, but somehow one of the diablo II cdkeys is lost, one case is lost. but we still have both expansions and one original. I was wondering if someone have a spare cdkey for original d2. would really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X