The war in Gaza!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikefule View Post
    Now let's hear it from the Israelis for bombing a UN compound.

Their explanation: "We're sorry, but we're sure that Hamas were firing from that area."

"I'm sorry I broke the Ming vase with Dad's sledge hammer, Mum, but I was trying to swat a fly that I thought had landed on it."

(I don't recall Saddam bombing a UN compound, but I'm willing to be corrected.)
    Come on, you wimp!

The Israelis are supported by the Bible, that says:

An eye for an eyelash
    While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

Originally posted by peleschramm View Post
      You guys are kinda ridiculous. You let the media sway your mind so easily!
      The political jargon is useful idiot.
      john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
      Team Never Wash Your Muni
      My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

Originally posted by john_childs View Post
        The political jargon is useful idiot.
        with a big difference: if we criticize Israel we do not support Hamas either!
        (as I said to an American friend when the Irak war started: your country is lucky to have friends who criticize it).
        One Wheel : bear necessity
        (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbling bear View Post
          with a big difference: if we criticize Israel we do not support Hamas either!
          (as I said to an American friend when the Irak war started: your country is lucky to have friends who criticize it).
          I should have put a winking smiley after that comment. It was intended as a tongue-in-cheek barb.

There is propaganda level disinformation being published which makes it hard to know what is true and what is not. With disinformation flying around it makes it easier to be a useful idiot.
          john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
          Team Never Wash Your Muni
          My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

Originally posted by john_childs View Post
            There is propaganda level disinformation being published which makes it hard to know what is true and what is not. With disinformation flying around it makes it easier to be a useful idiot.
            Want to give some examples? Do you mean this?

Now let's hear it from the Israelis for bombing a UN compound.

Their explanation: "We're sorry, but we're sure that Hamas were firing from that area."
            While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

They are using air-burst white phosphorous.

Nuff said.

Strange thing.../snip/...

Someone said the other day, "An eye for an eyelash" and I couldn't put it better myself.
              Originally posted by JJuggle View Post
              I have to agree with this completely.
              Gentlemen, I did not believe this possible but you have both risen in my estimation by rather alarming proportions.

Much respect.

And, almost as per usual, the cartoonists nail it.

Last edited by GILD; 2009-01-16, 12:54 PM.
              Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
              If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
              harper
              MikeFule Seager BluntRM
              NAMASTE!
              Dave

Comment

Excellent cartoon. I really did LOL for once.
                My first novel, Bridge of Otherwhere, Michael Wilkinson, on Kindle. A tale of subtle magic, mystery, friendship and love. Tinyurl.com/Bridge-of-Otherwhere For US$ page: TinyURL.com/OtherwhereBridge

Comment

Originally posted by GILD View Post
                  Gentlemen, I did not believe this possible but you have both risen in my estimation

Hmmm... There are two ways of reading that...
                  My first novel, Bridge of Otherwhere, Michael Wilkinson, on Kindle. A tale of subtle magic, mystery, friendship and love. Tinyurl.com/Bridge-of-Otherwhere For US$ page: TinyURL.com/OtherwhereBridge

Comment

You guys are kinda ridiculous. You let the media sway your mind so easily!
                    Where did you read that that sort of thing happens?

Comment

Originally posted by thejdw View Post
                      There are very few other ways people including yourself will be informed, unless you have friends or family there?
                      Yes, I have both friends and family their, and I was their when it started.

It is common knowledge that the media does often show biased views or tries to make things black and white for the simple mind.
                      http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
                      Unicycle for rational thought, open mindedness, and uncertainty. And Spencer.

Inventor of the Slapflip.

Comment

Yes, I have both friends and family their, and I was their when it started.
                        A long time ago (I was younger than you) there was a war near my home ...
                        I happened to know people on both sides.
                        My conclusion:
                        - everyone thinks he is a victim of unprincipled terrorists (and have victims to prove it).
                        - god is on their side
                        So it is fairly hard to have a more general view (it probably helps not to be directly involved: but now, with time, it looks like my grand-father and my father were right in their vision of "colonies").
                        (I happen also to have a close friend who is a draft dodger of the Israeli army: an interesting story).
                        One Wheel : bear necessity
                        (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

Yeah, it's absolutely silly to think that one side is COMPLETELY right and the other side is COMPLETELY wrong. I would say that Israel is slightly more in the right than Hamas/Gaza. Many of you are making it seem as though Israel is completely evil, when that is hardly the case.
                          http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
                          Unicycle for rational thought, open mindedness, and uncertainty. And Spencer.

Inventor of the Slapflip.

Comment

Yeah, it's absolutely silly to think that one side is COMPLETELY right and the other side is COMPLETELY wrong. I would say that Israel is slightly more in the right than Hamas/Gaza. Many of you are making it seem as though Israel is completely evil, when that is hardly the case.
                            Headlines: A Defiant Israel Declares War On The United Nations!
                            Says the UN is providing aid to their enemy.
                            Last edited by BillyTheMountain; 2009-01-16, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
                              Says the UN is providing aid to their enemy.
                              The UN and the US fund both sides of wars. Evil.
                              Gilby

Comment

Originally posted by wobbling bear View Post
                                - everyone thinks he is a victim of unprincipled terrorists (and have victims to prove it).
                                Principled or unprincipled, everyone is a victim.
                                Gilby

Comment

Working...
                                X