No announcement yet.

Best video editing program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any version of the Adobe software free?

I downloaded about 10 free video editors for Windows and tried them out before settling with Windows Movie Maker. If FREE is your budget, it doesn't do everything you want it to, but at least it doesn't have a precipitous cliff for a learning curve.

Of the above, the ones I tried out that were trash were: Avidemux, Jahshaka, and I think VirtualDub.

+2˘

Comment

Either Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas.

And don't blame Adobe for bad quality. It's your camcorder or your export/render settings.

-Isaac

Comment

Wow, Boffy, what a totally useless error message from Adobe Premiere! You supplied almost no information for us to use for troubleshooting. Nothing about your computer, or the version of the software you're using. First thing I would do is paste that lame-o error message into Google and see what comes up. Sounds like one or more files, such as .dlls, are missing, corrupt or the wrong versions.

I love my Mac.
        John Foss
        www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

wow thanks for the help .
          -Clean Swabs

"The only way to becoming a great unicyclist is to get back up and do it again" - B.S.

Comment

i just use windows movie maker. its free easy to use and you can do some cool stuff with it if you know how. mine always crashes while im working on videos though. thank god for hotkeys (ctrl-s)
            WWW.EBUNICYCLES.COM top end uni parts.
            street carbon frames now $400

Comment

Originally posted by BoffyTheUnicyclist View Post
              wow thanks for the help .
              I had premeire, and after having that problem, researching it, and doing everything that was suggested (with no avail) I got sick of it and switched to Sony Vegas, and I have no regrets about switching.
              )-Crankflip-'O,

Comment

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
                Wow, Boffy, what a totally useless error message from Adobe Premiere!
                I have one that pops up on Cubase occasionally, "AN UNEXPECTED ERROR HAS OCCURRED."

Just that.
                Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                harper
                MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                NAMASTE!
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by beeper View Post
                  I had premeire, and after having that problem, researching it, and doing everything that was suggested (with no avail) I got sick of it and switched to Sony Vegas, and I have no regrets about switching.
                  I agree, Sony Vegas is awesome.
                  -Steffan Safey

SANITISE

Comment

is that the video quality ends up about 5x worse then the original video off of the camera. It makes clips blury and just yuck
                    something is wrong with your export settings. if everything is set up correctly you shouldn't see any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonmorgan View Post
                      something is wrong with your export settings. if everything is set up correctly you shouldn't see any difference.
                      Righto so it should be completely the same??? If so, I can't wait to figure out what I'm doing wrong. So, I uploaded my clip, nice crystal clear picture, imported it to adobe, looks exactly the same in the adobe preview thingo, exported the video in its highest quality...then bleh, blury.

Have I still done something wrong?
                      Sauron Zerg
                      You're so noob you prehop before you prehop!
                      Its not about the tricks you do, its how you use them

Ya'reeeee

Comment

Originally posted by unicycledood View Post
                        Have I still done something wrong?
                        I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm a rank beginner at playing with video on the computer. But I can offer this. Adobe is still a highly respected brand, and Premiere continues to get good reviews. I can't help thinking there must be some forums out there somewhere, with people having the same problem and getting advice from Premiere experts who know what the common problems are.

And as usual, the software makers are much better at making the software than explaining how to use it...
                        John Foss
                        www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

A big thing about premiere is setting up your settings before you import and capture video. They have presets to use, which work for standard sizes, but you cans till go in there so its the same as the source video.

Thats always step 1 for me.

After all the editing and rendering and what not, the export is pretty easy. I always use the media encoder instead of some of the other export option. Depending on your version, media encoder will be in Premiere, or be a separate program outside of premiere. Either way.

Now, I set the export size. If my video size is at 600x800, I keep my export size at 600x800. I can take it smaller, but I try to not stretch it bigger. At least not with premiere, I use specific software, but thats another story.

Then I decide what codec to use. Most times I stick with mpeg4/H.264.

File size never matters to me, youtube has always been 1gb max, and other sites are around there or unlimited. So multiple passes, high bitrate setting, all of that, and always progressive/deinterlace.

Always comes out fine.
                          Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
                          Want some advice? Do better.
                          ~Jerrick

Comment

thanks\
                            -Clean Swabs

"The only way to becoming a great unicyclist is to get back up and do it again" - B.S.

Comment

I use cycberlink I've been told its like what the pros use NOT to sure about that tho.... lol Chris I can msn it to you some time.... I find it really good.

It has really good features like effects and stuff like that..... lol...

My mate torrented it so Yea not to sure.... but its good
                              You know your not succeding when you know your not achiving anything

Comment

sweet thanks jesse
                                -Clean Swabs

Comment

Working...
                                X