Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Vegetarian Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey Graham, you are the one that recommended Morningstar Bacon, right?

    It's delicious by the way.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
    Unicycle for rational thought, open mindedness, and uncertainty. And Spencer.

    Inventor of the Slapflip.

    Comment


    • Call it something else and I might try it haha
      Sauron Zerg
      You're so noob you prehop before you prehop!
      Its not about the tricks you do, its how you use them
      .

      Ya'reeeee

      Comment


      • All the animals applaud all the vegetarians!

        Good job!
        While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

        Comment


        • Originally posted by peleschramm View Post
          Hey Graham, you are the one that recommended Morningstar Bacon, right?

          It's delicious by the way.
          yeah man. its so amazing haha. Just try and limit yourself on it, otherwise you'll be like me and find yourself eating only Bean And Cheese Burritos, vegetarian rice crispy bars, and morningstar bacon. :/ lol.
          "I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff" - me

          Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!-My Videos

          Sprite Off Winner 08~

          Comment


          • A moment of Silence

            Hi everyone.

            Today is indeed a sad day for the world. I would like to suggest an international moment of Silence tomorrow (Black Friday) at 3:00 PM Pacific time for all the turkey lives that were lost for this horrific evening. Let us not forget what happened here!

            The least we can do is offer a minute of silence to the memory of their lives...

            Thank you to all participants.
            http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
            Unicycle for rational thought, open mindedness, and uncertainty. And Spencer.

            Inventor of the Slapflip.

            Comment


            • I'll probably try going vegetarian. Not because I really care much about animals rights or anything stupid like peta, but for health.

              So no prepackaged junk.

              I've cut out red meat completely, prepackaged anything, highly processed, and general crap for the most part. Maybe some chips or something like that like once a week, but certainly not everyday. Dermatologist amazed at how good my skin looks.

              I thought red meat would be hard, but it really wasn't. I think chicken will be harder, and I don't even really like fish, so if I find a good protein substitute it'll be pretty easy.

              I'm not going to be a peanut-butter jelly vegitarian, if I do try I'll do it the right way.
              Last edited by wickedbob; 2009-11-27, 04:29 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wickedbob View Post
                I'll probably try going vegetarian. Not because I really care much about animals rights or anything stupid like peta, but for health.
                Go Bob!

                Your intentions may only have your health in mind, but if you take action it will do a world of good for many!
                http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
                Unicycle for rational thought, open mindedness, and uncertainty. And Spencer.

                Inventor of the Slapflip.

                Comment


                • I guess.

                  I'm working on getting buff, work out 2 hours a day or so. If I can grow being a vegetarian, I'll try and stay for at least a while, but if not I'll probably end up eating lots of fish.

                  I eat vairy little dairy, my body just can't handle it, though I love milk.

                  What's a good source of protein? Soy? I take whey powder, but that is expensive, and I want something to eat. Not really looking for a meat substitute, and nothing prepackaged like the morningstar junk.

                  Side note: Never thought diet changed my skin, but it really does, takes a while after getting off the junk, but now if I eat too bad I can tell right away. So yeah, if you have bad skin eat healthy.
                  Last edited by wickedbob; 2009-11-27, 04:47 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wickedbob View Post
                    What's a good source of protein?
                    Rice and beans. And lots of other vegetables. From Wiki:

                    Diet for a Small Planet is a book by Frances Moore Lappé presenting her theory of "Complementary Protein" sources in the human diet. As the eight essential amino acids making up the "complete proteins" found in meat are each present to various extents in a range of plant sources, the theory maintained that eating plant foods in "complementary" combinations combine proteins would be equivalent to those found in meat, to meet human nutritional requirements.
                    The bestselling first edition, published in 1971 by Ballantine, was sponsored by the Friends of the Earth organization. Besides the book's promotion of vegetarianism, its underlying orientation emphasized a responsible use of the Earth's resources. The book includes recipes based on the complementarity combinations, and was followed by a collection, Recipes for a Small Planet by Ellen Buchman Ewald, with an introduction written by Lappé.
                    Some scientists[citation needed]called "protein combining" a myth, particularly the alleged need to consume the complementary proteins in a single meal or within hours or on the same day in order for the digestive process to assimilate them as equivalent to "complete proteins". In a later edition of the book (1981), the author herself recanted her emphasis on combining proteins from plant sources, consistent with findings that mimicking the composition of animal proteins is not essential to human nutrition.
                    While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by peleschramm View Post
                      Hi everyone.

                      Today is indeed a sad day for the world. I would like to suggest an international moment of Silence tomorrow (Black Friday) at 3:00 PM Pacific time for all the turkey lives that were lost for this horrific evening. Let us not forget what happened here!

                      The least we can do is offer a minute of silence to the memory of their lives...

                      Thank you to all participants.
                      Good idea! Next year, this will be a national movement!
                      While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by peleschramm View Post
                        Hi everyone.

                        Today is indeed a sad day for the world. I would like to suggest an international moment of Silence tomorrow (Black Friday) at 3:00 PM Pacific time for all the turkey lives that were lost for this horrific evening. Let us not forget what happened here!

                        The least we can do is offer a minute of silence to the memory of their lives...

                        Thank you to all participants.
                        Isn't it horribly ironic that Homer Simpson will definitely be obeying this minute of silence, "Can't talk, eating"...
                        you can ride a unicycle, I remember when that used to be enough - Tobbogonist

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
                          Rice and beans. And lots of other vegetables. From Wiki:

                          Diet for a Small Planet is a book by Frances Moore Lappé presenting her theory of "Complementary Protein" sources in the human diet. As the eight essential amino acids making up the "complete proteins" found in meat are each present to various extents in a range of plant sources, the theory maintained that eating plant foods in "complementary" combinations combine proteins would be equivalent to those found in meat, to meet human nutritional requirements.
                          The bestselling first edition, published in 1971 by Ballantine, was sponsored by the Friends of the Earth organization. Besides the book's promotion of vegetarianism, its underlying orientation emphasized a responsible use of the Earth's resources. The book includes recipes based on the complementarity combinations, and was followed by a collection, Recipes for a Small Planet by Ellen Buchman Ewald, with an introduction written by Lappé.
                          Some scientists[citation needed]called "protein combining" a myth, particularly the alleged need to consume the complementary proteins in a single meal or within hours or on the same day in order for the digestive process to assimilate them as equivalent to "complete proteins". In a later edition of the book (1981), the author herself recanted her emphasis on combining proteins from plant sources, consistent with findings that mimicking the composition of animal proteins is not essential to human nutrition.

                          Any idea of how much per serving? I try to stick with a high protein low carb, idealy. Not to many Carbs, especially after 4:30, when I workout. Need them to grow, but not too many.

                          I'm just lazy I suppose. A lot of times I eat plain boiled chicken with nothing just for the nutrition nothing else. I eat foods that I like, but most often I'm to lazy to make anything good so I just eat a plain diet. I'm not big on cooking, I'd rather eat something that's bland and spend my time else where.

                          Comment


                          • Just over an hour to go with the minute of silence.

                            Please, let's all participate.
                            http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
                            Unicycle for rational thought, open mindedness, and uncertainty. And Spencer.

                            Inventor of the Slapflip.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wickedbob View Post
                              Any idea of how much per serving? I try to stick with a high protein low carb, idealy. Not to many Carbs, especially after 4:30, when I workout. Need them to grow, but not too many.

                              I'm just lazy I suppose. A lot of times I eat plain boiled chicken with nothing just for the nutrition nothing else. I eat foods that I like, but most often I'm to lazy to make anything good so I just eat a plain diet. I'm not big on cooking, I'd rather eat something that's bland and spend my time else where.
                              YOu don't have to obsess over how much per serving. Vegetarians don't do that cuz there's no need, just get some combination and enjoy it.:
                              yyou need not cook, hopefully you can open a can of beans, add some nuts or seeds, open your jar of wheat germ and add some dairy (yogurt?) toss some nuts or seeds into yogurt, you're all set, and healthier, chicken has all those toxins and hormones that will make you sterile and cancerous, you cannot boil that stuff out of the chicken.

                              Read more: http://diet-food-trends.suite101.com...#ixzz0Y6GUeRQS

                              or http://diet-food-trends.suite101.com...rotein_sources

                              or from Diet for a Small Planet, here is a listing of combinations making a complete protein:

                              Legumes with Grains
                              Legumes with Nuts
                              Legumes with Seeds
                              Nuts/Seeds with Legumes
                              Grains with Dairy
                              Nuts/Seeds with Dairy
                              Legumes with Dairy
                              Dairy with Nuts/Seeds and Legumes

                              Read Recipes for a Small Planet:
                              Legumes and Grains - Black Beans and Rice with Red Peppers: Saute diced red peppers and onions in a non stick skillet. Add in drained and rinsed canned black beans and left over long grain rice. Add in a bit of cumin, black pepper and fresh chopped tomatoes and parsley. Cook until hot and serve.
                              Legumes and Seeds - Asian Noodles with Sesame Seed Dressing: Toss left over spaghetti pasta noodles with chopped green onions, julienne peppers, toasted sesame seeds and cilantro with a homemade dressing made with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, pepper, soy sauce and a bit of sugar.
                              Grains with Dairy - Homemade Macaroni and Cheese: Make a white sauce using low fat milk and add in grated cheddar. Mix with pre cooked macaroni pasta and top with fresh bread crumbs and parmesan bake until bubbly and browned in the oven.
                              Legumes with Dairy - Fresh Green Bean Salad with Cucumber Yogurt Dressing: Steam fresh trimmed green beans or frozen whole haricot verts and chill. Make a yogurt dressing with green onions, diced cucumbers, salt, pepper, dry mustard and paprika and toss with the chilled green beans.
                              Last edited by BillyTheMountain; 2009-11-27, 10:11 PM.
                              While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

                              Comment


                              • 3 minutes guys...
                                http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
                                Unicycle for rational thought, open mindedness, and uncertainty. And Spencer.

                                Inventor of the Slapflip.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X