The Vegetarian Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unicycledood
    I've tried these "meat substitutes". They're incredibly stupid. They are for the fake vegetarians, or people that are having trouble adjusting.
    As a vegetarian for my entire life (since birth, parents are vegetarian too), I can tell you that meat substitutes are not for fake vegetarians or people who are having trouble adjusting. Meat substitutes are for protein and if they were shaped any different, you'd probably never want to touch as it didn't even look like food.

Some people don't like them (whether it's your case about not liking the shape or just flavor in general) while some people do and make sure they are in their diet.
    Leah "The Buddy"

How I miss my old account...

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy
      I can tell you that meat substitutes are not for fake vegetarians or people who are having trouble adjusting. Meat substitutes are for protein
      They are mighty tasty too. Great chili, sloppy joes, tacos, casseroles, BLTs, pasta sauces, and many other delights can be made from them.
      Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
      To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Originally posted by SqueakyOnion
        Fish on the other hand, live freely, swimming in the ocean. Their lives abruptly end when they are caught. The difference, in her eyes, lies in the treatment of the animal BEFORE it is killed to be eaten.
        Right, how many other animals do you pierce with a sharp hook, make them struggle to exhaustion, then suffocate them to death before you eat them?
        Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
        shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

Originally posted by UniBrier
          Right, how many other animals do you pierce with a sharp hook, make them struggle to exhaustion, then suffocate them to death before you eat them?
          Steve, those are only the fish in the wild. The ones being bred in fish farms, in tight quarters, which constantly have to fight for space and survival don't get pierced with sharp hooks.
          Last edited by yoopers; 2008-05-29, 05:17 PM.
          `_______
          /l ,[____],
          l---L –0lllllll0-
          ()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
          unicycledude93: Yoopers
          Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys

Comment

peta = nazis.

I'll respect vegetarians and vegans, but not peta members.
            To be alive at all is to have scars.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle_Destroyer
              peta = nazis.
              Harsh.

I'll respect vegetarians and vegans, but not peta members.
              Can you respect some PETA members who may believe in the overall principles but who also disagree on some specifics? Or more to the point, do you consider this a black and white issue with no room for any flexibility?
              Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
              To Shvitz Divine

Comment

how did I bring hate to this thread? How many vegetarians out there are tired of the countless bombardment of made up facts, desert islands with chickens, and not accepting anothers religion?? (not that vegetarianism is my religion, but i i'm more faithful

Comment

Originally posted by unicycledood
                  Your a carnivor? You ONLY eat meat? I don't wanna be a smartass but I think you mean your an omnivour.
                  Oops. Slip of the tongue. Although I do eat a LOT of meat and animal fat, I am indeed an omnivore.

Comment

than i am to judaism. All I said is I can't stand, not i hate, or I want to kill. yoopers, are you a vegetarian? And the point made 'you can't get enough protien' is a load of $#!%. Vegetarian who eat fish are pisceo vegetarian, and should be reffered to so.

Comment

vegetarians who eat poultry aren't vegetarian, and vegetarian who eat beef have a hard time fitting in, so they make a tittle for themselves to feel secure.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpaun
                        desert islands with chickens
                        Not sure if I missed something here or not, but what is a desert island with chickens? Could it be a dessert island of chickens? Dessert of fried chicken sounds mighty fine to me.
                        yoopers, are you a vegetarian?
                        See above comment.
                        so they make a tittle
                        to go along with their jot.
                        `_______
                        /l ,[____],
                        l---L –0lllllll0-
                        ()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
                        unicycledude93: Yoopers
                        Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys

Comment

vegetarians who eat poultry aren't vegetarian, and vegetarian who eat beef have a hard time fitting in, so they make a tittle for themselves to feel secure.
                          What the heck are you even talking about? No one who eats beef or poultry is calling themself a vegetarian.
                          My Unicycling Journal
                          Officially ended.

Comment

Originally posted by dudewithasock
                            What the heck are you even talking about? No one who eats beef or poultry is calling themself a vegetarian.
                            They taught that at my school's somewhat corrupt wellness class. A bunch of people at my school are poultry eating vegetari

Comment

ans. also a self proclaimed vegetarian who enjoys bacon every once in a while

Comment

I have been vegetarian for 12 years now. Am I not considered a vegetarian because for the last 2 years I have had shrimp 2 or 3 times?

As was asked before about the craving meat thing. I was craving shrimp, about 2 years ago, which is funny as I hated shrimp my whole life prior to becoming veggie. It was not fantastic or anything, but there must have been something in the little guys my body wanted.

I do not ever crave or miss red meat chicken or any of that sort of meat. I think at first there was a level of compassion I had for animals and did not want to eat them, but as the years have passed by, that is no longer the case. I would eat an animal for sure. Say if it were one I raised on my own farm, or maybe a friends farm, assuming I needed the food, or I could not sell the meat to others. If my family was starving I would hunt deer, turkey, and whatever else are in my area.

What keeps me veggie, is how nasty the meat industry is. I feel comfortable blaming a lot of the worlds health problems, as well as mental problems on the quality of food that many have been stuffing into them their whole life.

The only compromise I make is eating dairy at restaurants. If there is a vegan option I will get that, unless I know the dairy is free range and of my beliefs. Usually neither are an option and I will just eat the dairy anyway. But for my own cooking the dairy is always animal friendly. Typically supporting dairy farms is supporting the meat industry. This is why "some" vegans will try and push vegan ways onto vegetarians. Most simply respect everyone no matter what they choose, as more often than not veggie lovers are not mean cold hearted people.

I said this in the other vegetarian thread:
                                "I am not a vegetarian because I LOVE animals, I am a vegetarian because I HATE vegetables."

Nothing gives me more pleasure than cutting a cucumber in half, or strangling a string bean to death.
                                Last edited by agentQ; 2008-05-29, 08:00 PM.
                                ---
                                Uneed Films

Whats up with Street and Flat?
                                the Unicycle Lab

Comment

Working...
                                X