Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people want to boost their post count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like having lots of posts....why not?
    sponsored by:

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrick
      I hope you are not serious.

No, not serious about the 5 portions of vegetables a day. ( That may mean something extra to the Brits ). But I would be pleased to see any recording of post totals removed from the forums. It would automatically also remove a lot of junk posting, and thereby lose us all some excess fat.

Nao
      Last edited by Naomi; 2008-01-26, 10:53 PM.
      The dress in which I unicycled was not THAT short, but in retrospect, I think that maybe the blue one would have been more appropriate to the terrain.

Comment

A few years ago, I became briefly concerned about my post count. I wanted to get my "posts per day" lower*. I felt I was babbling and I was starting to get tired of hearing myself "talk". Then for a while, I just posted in the spam bin ("answering" all the spam), then I lost interest and went away. Then I came back because I missed all my friends here.

I'm at 1.08 posts per day now, not that I care either way.

* - Yes, I'm usually the opposite of most people, not that I try. Right now, I'm trying to raise my cholesterol level.

Comment

To answer the original question...
          Originally posted by saskatchewanian
          Why do people want to boost their post count?
          ...because they can.
          Originally posted by James_Potter, about Gilby not counting posts in certain threads
          What are you talking about?
          He's said before that he can not do that, but if he could, then he would.
          Gilby has said before that he could assign certain threads to not count towards total postcounts, if he had the ability to do so. But I severely doubt that if that facility was presented to him tomorrow, he would still do it.

As for voting to restrict postcounts, does Gilby care about properly moderating the forum anymore? Look here for the ultimate proof; I invite you to pay particular attention to Gilby's postcount.
               

Comment

Originally posted by gkmac
            Look here for the ultimate proof; I invite you to pay particular attention to Gilby's postcount.
            Wow!

Gilby's good at this!
            Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?
            Entropy isn't what it used to be.

Comment

At lease that's what would happen in a properly moderated forum.
              does Gilby care about properly moderating the forum anymore
              Isn't "properly moderated" an oxymoron? Oh, that's right, you hate free speech.
              "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by maestro8
                Isn't "properly moderated" an oxymoron?
                Nope, it isn't.

1-wheeled-grape: ''I could never do yoga... I'm too fat I was forced to do it in primary school and the results were by no means fun'' ... ''If my belly doesn't scare me though no nakedness will''

Comment

Originally posted by maestro8
                  Isn't "properly moderated" an oxymoron? Oh, that's right, you hate free speech.
                  I'm not going to explain why "proper moderation" doesn't restrict "free speech" all over again.

It's one of those things which is plain and simple, and yet some people will never understand, especially self-confessed twits who are the result of a science experiment gone wrong...
                       

Comment

People with more than one post are just retards!
                    "I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." - Unisteve

Comment

wow i am at 6.something posts a day and i have not been online for nearly two months.
                      Your life is a storm, thunder is your music and lightning is your electric dancing legs, groove on friends. Groove on.

Comment

I'm not going to explain why "proper moderation" doesn't restrict "free speech" all over again.

It's one of those things which is plain and simple, and yet some people will never understand, especially self-confessed twits who are the result of a science experiment gone wrong...
                        Whoa, I don't think there's any call here for getting personal.

Whatever your stance on moderation, proper or otherwise, nobody wants a flamewar.

Maybe explain it once, in a long detailed post and add a link to your sig.

If you want to make that post in MR, feel free.
                        Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                        If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                        harper
                        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                        NAMASTE!
                        Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X