SPOGG Blog for Miss Ayelery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOGG Blog for Miss Ayelery

Now I know where Miss Ayelery spends all her time when she isn't correcting our grammar over here.

SPOGG: The Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar

Miss Ayelery likely drinks her tea from a SPOGG mug.
    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Never Wash Your Muni
    My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

John dear, I'm afraid you have "outed" me. As a contributor to SPOGG, I've been hesitant to advocate the site or the Society in these fora out of "conflict of interest" concerns. Of course, that doesn't stop me from advocating unicycling to my SPOGG peers.

MA

PS: I love my SPOGG mug, and have found it works equally well for tea and for Irish Coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Ayelery

PS: I love my SPOGG mug, and have found it works equally well for tea and for Irish Coffee.

There is no need for a comma when you are not changing the subject of the phrase.
      New Blog:Unicycle Nation

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? ~Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I am almost sure you are supposed to put one before the word and just like you would but.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
          There is no need for a comma when you are not changing the subject of the phrase.
          Miss Ayelery, due in part to the enormous pressure placed on one in her position, may very well have been in her cups and deservedly so at the time she wrote her response. This would be Irish coffee put to its finest use. In this particular case she may have been in her mugs rather than her cups.

Originally posted by wickedbob
          I am almost sure you are supposed to put one before the word and just like you would but.
          Jethro-

This seems to be excellent advice from someone obviously very well versed in this field. Take note of this and ponder its meaning.
          Last edited by harper; 2007-10-26, 03:44 AM.
          -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Is it possible to die from an overdose?
            Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
            If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
            harper
            MikeFule Seager BluntRM
            NAMASTE!
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GILD
              Is it possible to die from an overdose?
              An overdose of bad grammar? Yes.
              john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
              Team Never Wash Your Muni
              My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment