Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

skateboard helmet with built in speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skateboard helmet with built in speakers?

Anyone tried one of these? I do a lot of longboarding, mostly flatland stuff around the seawall bike paths, and frequently get the groove going with my ipod. I'm in need of a new helmet and was eying up the Mace Trigger Solo. It has built in speakers that are placed slightly above your ears the idea being your ears is left uncovered to be able to hear traffic persumably, bikes and peds, maybe.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to ditch the headphones as after a while they get kind of uncomfortable, especially under a helmet (I wear the kind the attach around the ears) but I guess it will depend on the quality/sound of the helmet built ins.
    "If you have no goals, you can accomplish almost anything!" Slugbath

i have that for my ski helmet and i love it
    link?
    Last edited by skianduniaddict; 2007-05-25, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Mace Trigger Solo

Comment

Those look awesome, but I wonder how good the quality is..
        And who cares what they [tattoos] look like when I'm 70, nothing much is going to look good by then anyway.~Cathwood

Bowl for Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Divebomber
          Those look awesome, but I wonder how good the quality is..

Yeah true, I think I will take my ipod down to the bike shop and try it out with the helmet.

Comment

Tell us how it goes!
            And who cares what they [tattoos] look like when I'm 70, nothing much is going to look good by then anyway.~Cathwood

Bowl for Christ

Comment

I really want to know. If it works out well I might buy one. =)
              If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
              Number of "Where's the other wheel?!" comments: 2

Comment

mm ya but donít u need a cord to use it . Where do u plug it in to the helmet ya no what i mean
                http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=norcoryde1

Comment

Originally posted by timtimtimmy
                  mm ya but donít u need a cord to use it . Where do u plug it in to the helmet ya no what i mean
                  The pictures on the site show a fly lead coming out of the helmet that plugs straight in to your music machine.
                  Dave

- what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -

Comment

I just listen to my shure earbuds while I skate/ uni. I don't understand the need for a whole new helmet.

Comment

I have a shure SM58 microphone. I have the earbuds that came with my Ipod, but sometimes they fall out of my ear...

Bowl for Christ

Comment

I can't use ear buds or in-ear-canal headphones like Shures.

It can get a bit jammed up with over the ear type headphones under a helmet so I thought speakers built into the helmet might turn out to be a good idea.

Comment

I was hoping the speakers faced outward. Just think, like a ghetto blaster on your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
                            I can't use ear buds or in-ear-canal headphones like Shures.
                            Do you have hearing aids that prevent you from using ear buds or in-ear earphones? Or do they just not fit your ears?

The in-ear earphones aren't good for use while doing things like walking, jogging, or riding a bike or unicycle. They block too much of the outside sounds which is dangerous to yourself and others around you. Soundwise though, in-ear-canal earphones are the way to go for portable use. Good sound. Good music.
                            john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                            Team Never Wash Your Muni
                            My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

Originally posted by Divebomber
                              I have a shure SM58 microphone. I have the earbuds that came with my Ipod, but sometimes they fall out of my ear...
                              Try the JVC Marshmallows or the next model up if you're willing to spend $10 more. They're better than any ear bud. Price is reasonable at $20 for the Marshmallows and $30 for the next model up. Sound quality is OK which is better than any ear bud. You can get the Marshmallows at most Wal-Marts, but Wal-Mart doesn't carry the next model up. The HA-FX55 gets you better bass and better quality sound.
                              john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                              Team Never Wash Your Muni
                              My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

Working...
                              X