No announcement yet.

Kris Holm Pro Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about if you do a big drop on a clotted unicycle you break it?
    I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!

Comment

I'm really liking the ideas presented so far. The game will be on the pc, so as far as controls it would be the WASD keys for movement like most computer games. Balance could be the the arrow keys. I figure for normal riding you don't need to do the balance. When you are going really slow you will be a little tippy and you can use the arrow keys to stay up but as you speed up you automatically self balance. Controlling balance for skinnies, grinding and sif/trials modes is a great idea. At first the game will be a little less structured than many of you have suggested, you will probably start with a trials uni but will be able to do street, trials, and flat/freestyle tricks. The Q,E,Z and X keys will control your legs, so for instance, tapping Q once will put your left foot on the tire, tapping it again will kick it out in front of you, so tapping Q and E both once at the same time will put you into a wheel walk, tapping them again at the same time will put you into a no footer. This will allow for many combinations. Z and X will move your feet back, if you are riding normal and tap Z once, it will put your left foot on the crown and you will be riding one foot, tap E for instance while riding with your left foot on the frame and your right foot will go up onto your tire, putting you into a glide. putting both feet onto the crown of the frame using Z and X will put you into a coast, there, balancing is harder. These are just some interesting idea's I've come up with for tricks.

I'm also looking into the possibility of putting in online multiplayer.

(EDIT) Yeah, I do agree, most of what Jerrick suggests is similiar to what I had been thinking of myself.
      Last edited by Brian O.; 2006-12-29, 10:32 PM.

Newest Video:
      Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!

Comment

We should make a game completely based on Jerrick's idea, it was pretty much the best one out there so far.

Define yourself.

Clicky!

Comment

Originally posted by benjaug
          We should make a game completely based on Jerrick's idea, it was pretty much the best one out there so far.
          With a little bit of tweaking and yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Brian O.
            I'm really liking the ideas presented so far. The game will be on the pc
            woah...stop right there! It's gotta come out for consoles too...
            "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."
            -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Comment

how about for the northshore muni stuff it would be like a grind. just having to balance side to side, cause riding skinnies would be hard to control balance and direction easily on a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by spazdude222
                woah...stop right there! It's gotta come out for consoles too...
                Well, unless you want to pay for the thousands of dollars worth of licensing fees to be official xbox or whatever developers so that it can be released on those platforms that is how it will have to be :P
                Last edited by Brian O.; 2006-12-30, 01:49 AM.

Newest Video:
                Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Comment

Well, unless you want to pay for the thousands of dollars worth of licensing fees to be official xbox or whatever developers so that it can be released on those platforms that is how it will have to be :P
                  Oh i see...This is actually coming into production? I was assuming that this was all theoretical. Make it so that a crapy computer can still lay it though...please!
                  "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."
                  -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Comment

Originally posted by spazdude222
                    Oh i see...This is actually coming into production? I was assuming that this was all theoretical. Make it so that a crapy computer can still lay it though...please!
                    It's not too terribly official but I'm going to give a hand at programming, I have a buddy who doesn't unicycle but is willing to do the modeling, wohoo.

Newest Video:
                    Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Comment

It's not too terribly official but I'm going to give a hand at programming, I have a buddy who doesn't unicycle but is willing to do the modeling, wohoo.
                      SWEET! this is gonna be cool!
                      -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Comment

There is XNA Game Studio Express from Microsoft. It will allow you to write games that run on the PC and Xbox 360 (XNA FAQ). Development is done in C# (.NET). However, to run your creations on an Xbox 360 requires a $99 yearly subscription to the XNA Creators Club along with an Xbox Live subscription. Anyone who wants to play the game on the Xbox 360 would also need to be a member of the XNA Creators Club. So it's not a free lunch. But to play an XNA game on the PC does not require all that extra subscription stuff.
                        john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                        Team Never Wash Your Muni
                        My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

How about being able to get off and cary your uni?

Comment

Originally posted by thejdw
                            How about being able to get off and cary your uni?
                            yea maybe we should make a uni-sheath and we can carry it around like a sword and stuff. lol. no but that would be kinda cool. also when your near objects like benches, it would be cool to be able to foot plant.

Edit: yea, an online multiplayer would be awesome even if it was just riding around and stuff. Also customizable unis are cool
                            Last edited by fleshner; 2006-12-30, 07:54 PM.
                            Fleshner's Gallery

Keldridge: "I haven't had any problems with the right nut."

Comment

Originally posted by fleshner

Edit: yea, an online multiplayer would be awesome even if it was just riding around and stuff.
                              We could have a "slap" like game

Comment

Originally posted by john_childs
                                There is XNA Game Studio Express from Microsoft. It will allow you to write games that run on the PC and Xbox 360 (XNA FAQ). Development is done in C# (.NET). However, to run your creations on an Xbox 360 requires a $99 yearly subscription to the XNA Creators Club along with an Xbox Live subscription. Anyone who wants to play the game on the Xbox 360 would also need to be a member of the XNA Creators Club. So it's not a free lunch. But to play an XNA game on the PC does not require all that extra subscription stuff.
                                Yeah I was at a developers conference and Microsoft was introducing the XNA game studio, I was largely put off by the whole technology. It seemed to hide way too much actual programming from the programmer and is nothing more than a dumbed down Managed DirectX. Also, the game would only run on the windows platform if XNA was used. I've chosen the open source, cross platform Ogre 3D graphics engine as a starting point for the project. Theres no point in reinventing the wheel if someone already has a quality, well documented engine out there. If you have any experience though, some help once it gets started definitely never hurts.
                                Last edited by Brian O.; 2006-12-31, 05:00 AM.

Newest Video:
                                Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Comment

Working...
                                X