No announcement yet.

Post Your Desktop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

affirmation: i will hit tricks in a heavy stylee, quit prehoppin and flow freely
    organise my thughts into lines
    www.voodoounicycles.com
    and WORK "I lli T! eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"

Comment

New desktop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	2408576
      BUY MY SHIRTS AND STUFF
      WATCH MY VIDEOS
      Uniman Comics
      Original Thread for Uniman
      Sigged Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by captainkrunk61
        I really like it. It's stunning both graphically and functionally.
        I'm debating weather to install it or not. does it work with old hard ware?
        I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!

Comment

I was debating the same thing, the only problem i had with installing hardware was my tuner card. I checked their website and their slowly adding the different types of cards, mine should be up there soon, but everything else: mouse, keyboard, printer, speakers, monitor, etc. installed automatically. It was a surprisingly smooth transition.
          "for people who believe there is no God, they sure do like to talk about God, complain about God, fight for a God they dont believe is there. Seems to me, they are stressing out far more than most religious believers."
          --Jerrick

unicoreok.com

Comment

GNU/Linux Rules

Some more Linux for all you Capitalist suckers...

Clean:

Name:	TomsCleanDesktop1.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2408617

Black Glass:

Name:	TomsSexyDesktop.jpg
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	2408618

Plus Linux gives you way better performance on the same machine than XP or Vista would...especially when considering the desktop effects of XGL [GNU/Linux] vs. Aero [Vista]

I use Mac OS X [8 hours a day at work], Linux [when I'm at home], and XP [in the lounge at work...and as little as possible]. Linux is by far the best of all 3 in my opinion...plus the principle and freedom behind Linux completely leaves those heavily copyrighted, monopolous, capitalist giants [Apple + MS] in the dust.

Got root?

-Tom
            Last edited by tikal; 2007-03-13, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tikal
              Some more Linux for all you Capitalist suckers...

Clean:
              [ATTACH]18540[/ATTACH]

Black Glass:

[ATTACH]18541[/ATTACH]

Plus Linux gives you way better performance on the same machine than XP or Vista would...especially when considering the desktop effects of XGL [GNU/Linux] vs. Aero [Vista]

I use Mac OS X [8 hours a day at work], Linux [when I'm at home], and XP [in the lounge at work...and as little as possible]. Linux is by far the best of all 3 in my opinion...plus the principle and freedom behind Linux completely leaves those heavily copyrighted, monopolous, capitalist giants [Apple + MS] in the dust.

Got root?

-Tom
              what do you ahve on there? I used ubuntu and i loved it except it wouldnt recognize my nvidia card so i couldnt get beryl on there. I also love Age of Empires 3 and it is a microsoft game, so i doubt it will ever come on linux

Comment

That's Fedora Core 6. I didn't even have to do anything fancy to configure Beryl or XGL or anything...just turned Desktop Effects on.

I'm loving Fedora Core 6...but if I ever share a computer with my lady friend I'll probably move on to Ubuntu. I've heard nothing but good things.

-Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tikal
                  That's Fedora Core 6. I didn't even have to do anything fancy to configure Beryl or XGL or anything...just turned Desktop Effects on.

I'm loving Fedora Core 6...but if I ever share a computer with my lady friend I'll probably move on to Ubuntu. I've heard nothing but good things.

-Tom
                  Ubuntu is amazing, the only thing was stated above, it didnt like my gfx card, but apparently it works for other people. Working from cmd is so much more fun than working from a graphical frontend, except for things like setting up the internet connection, i had to do that once on ubuntu and it was a complete bastard to try and work. But fixing the display is fun and i got quite good at it from playing around with my card trying to get it to work

Comment

Here is mine

Comment

1st attempt at post attachment:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by dangerlaef; 2007-03-15, 05:04 AM.
                      "Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia"

Comment

Vista gadgets are pretty sweet, I use the application launcher, weather and gmail checker.
                        Attached Files
                        I think oranges were named before carrots

Comment

Originally posted by Chrashing
                          Here is my desktop. Thanks to AspenMike and daugher.
                          Wow, I love that picture!
                          Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?
                          Entropy isn't what it used to be.

Comment

~Alex Brown
                            Keep your laws off my body, out of my wallet, and away from my bedroom.

Comment

Awesome a collage of a lot of desktops wish I would have thought of that =p.

Comment

Here's mine:
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by MuniAddict; 2007-03-19, 02:50 AM.
                                Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
                                Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
                                -Dani Buron

Website
                                Videos
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X