Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interspirituality: Following more than one sacred path: Judaism, Hinduism,Islam,etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillyTheMountain
    replied
    Originally posted by peleschramm View Post
    Quantum physicists say so, so it must be true!
    They are your high priest!

Leave a comment:

• peleschramm
    replied
    Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
    Are you observing both places, or just one of them? Can you observe two places at the same time?
    What other qualities do you share with atomic particles? I think you're the biggest one of those I've seen...
    You are observing an infinite amount of places at once, but you are not observing all places at once.

Well, we are both perceived as matter when in great quantities... We are made up of the same material...

Leave a comment:

• johnfoss
    replied
    This made me smile

An atomic particle can be in two places at once as long as it is not being observed.
    Are you observing both places, or just one of them? Can you observe two places at the same time?
    I can not be all religions at once, as I am observing myself constantly.
    What other qualities do you share with atomic particles? I think you're the biggest one of those I've seen...

Leave a comment:

• peleschramm
    replied
    Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
    You don't really believe this, do you?
    Quantum physicists say so, so it must be true!

Leave a comment:

• BillyTheMountain
    replied
    An atomic particle can be in two places at once as long as it is not being observed.
    You don't really believe this, do you?

Leave a comment:

• BillyTheMountain
    replied
    This made me smile

An atomic particle can be in two places at once as long as it is not being observed. I can not be all religions at once, as I am observing myself constantly. I can be all religions at once if you take into account all of the universes at once. But in this universe, I am limited in how many religions I can follow.
    The First Universal Truth of Buddhism is:

STOP OBSERVING YOURSELF! u r nt da cntr of the universe, it's yr limited beliefs that limit your religions.

Can you be both a String Theorist and a Superstring theorist?

Can you be both a String Theorist and a Neo-Darwinian Theorist?

Can you be believe in strings AND particles AND fermions AND negative norm states or ghosts AND ghost states that come from the bosonic sector?

Can you be an Interphysicist? Only by looking through the electron microscope, and stop observing yourself!
    Last edited by BillyTheMountain; 2009-04-14, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• peleschramm
    replied
    Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
    Riiiggght! And an atomic particle cannot be in two places at once.

The 21st century is waiting for you, Pele!
    This made me smile

An atomic particle can be in two places at once as long as it is not being observed. I can not be all religions at once, as I am observing myself constantly. I can be all religions at once if you take into account all of the universes at once. But in this universe, I am limited in how many religions I can follow.

Leave a comment:

• JJuggle
    replied
    Talk about interspirituality, I don't think little Hannah Moses (photo to right of article) had a nice ham for Easter dinner yesterday.
    Last edited by JJuggle; 2009-04-13, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• feel the light
    replied
    Can you belong to 2 religions?

In times of peace, in tolerant places, much is possible. In times of war and public fear, fence sitters are shot first (from both sides), and so the answer is you could do that, but not for long.

History shows that once 2 groups war for a while they grow dissimilar in speech, religion and even fashion. Just look at what Hitler did to a perfectly good mustache.

My point is that a dominant story that glorifies our soldiers in battle as doing God's true will, requires a "fighting spirit", and of course a God who is on our side. So after so much work killing those damned assholes on the other side of the war, no dead soldier on our side wants to see that shithead in heaven. So quite appropriately, the religion-line is created between the warring groups. This is to give "patriotic believers" some hope that it was all for a greater cause.

In the USA, I see this in the history of the Southern Baptist church. Suddenly, in the 1860's, the Southern Baptist church became the dominant denomination in the south. Remains so to this day. Here's a link to a short history of the Southern Baptists. I find it humorous that everyone is always saying that religion will tell you the "why". But they don't so I will. "No one wants to hear some atheist explain to them why they got their dick shot off for no better reason then it protected the money of fat assholes back home." That's the real reason for the map shown below.

http://www.tngenweb.org/campbell/his...stHistory.html
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BillyTheMountain
    replied
    Originally posted by oldgeezers940 View Post
    haha, that was a surprise to see myself quoted down here.

But I have a question, anyone here consider themselves simply abrahamitic?

Not that I consider myself that, it just seems that maybe going back to the source of 3 paths would be something a fair amount of people would consider.
    It's appealing, but why limit myself?

Leave a comment:

• BillyTheMountain
    replied
    I think my philosophy on life probably has ideas that are shared with various religions, so in that sense I am interspiritual. But really, you can't be all religions at once.
    Riiiggght! And an atomic particle cannot be in two places at once.

The 21st century is waiting for you, Pele!

Leave a comment:

• peleschramm
    replied
    I think my philosophy on life probably has ideas that are shared with various religions, so in that sense I am interspiritual. But really, you can't be all religions at once.

Leave a comment:

• BillyTheMountain
    replied
    I'm sure there are.

Leave a comment:

• oldgeezers940
    replied
    haha, that was a surprise to see myself quoted down here.

But I have a question, anyone here consider themselves simply abrahamitic?

Not that I consider myself that, it just seems that maybe going back to the source of 3 paths would be something a fair amount of people would consider.

Leave a comment:

• BillyTheMountain
    replied
    Originally posted by oldgeezers940
    I've always been confused as to why I'm constantly being told Muhammad was a false prophet. I don't doubt monotheism too much, it just seems to me that Judaism, Islam, and Christianity all have something to offer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X