No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong... WINS!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In france a big part of the population thinks that all (bi)cyclist take drugs.

they ride montains stage at 50 km/hours for 230km, it's crazy. (sorry for us metric system)

I don't say that because a US team won, but I think it's a nasty sport.

Comment

armstrong doped/cheater

Originally posted by pyairot View Post
      In france a big part of the population thinks that all (bi)cyclist take drugs.

they ride montains stage at 50 km/hours for 230km, it's crazy. (sorry for us metric system)

I don't say that because a US team won, but I think it's a nasty sport.
      As it turns out, lots of the cyclists also think armstrong doped, including the ones who say they saw him do it, or who did it with him.

Of course, he dumped his wife for a newer model, and rode with George W Bush, so he must be of impeccable character.
      While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

In my opinion, they are pretty much all doped.

Comment

if everyone dopes and armstrong still wins, then he is still the best. but i dont think he doped illegally.
          "I'm probably not advanced enough to have thoroughly tested it while riding, but I'm unadvanced enough to have very thoroughly tested it while falling." -uniShark

I ride for Christ-opher Walken

Comment

Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
            Of course, he dumped his wife for a newer model, and rode with George W Bush, so he must be of impeccable character.
            But did he chant with Richard Alpert, the pinnacle of character impeccability?

Comment

I think they should just allow unlimited doping of all kinds. Athletes will overdo it and die on the track, but hey that would just make it more interesting. They choose to ride, if they die it's their problem.

Sounds ridiculous? Honestly that would be no less ridiculous than the current state of the "sport". I want to like it, really, the tactics and general coolness really interests me. Unfortunately no amount of "I swear, I never doped" or "I was abducted and forced to take drugs" will clean the nasty taste out of my mouth. It's no wonder many major sponsors have pulled out.

For the record I think Lance himself is amazing. Whether he dopes or not, he's still an awesome rider. Even so a sport where one person or team dominates to this extent quickly becomes boring. Like F1 with Ferrari when schumi was in his prime. Yawn.
              Last edited by vijil; 2010-08-07, 01:55 PM.
              vijil.daportfolio.com
              If it aint broke, you aint looking hard enough.

Comment

american drugs are still the best!
                I'm a soldja.

Comment

Originally posted by reprah View Post
                  But did he chant with Richard Alpert, the pinnacle of character impeccability?

I don't think so.

I did, though (for real). On more than one occasion.
                  While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

Originally posted by vijil View Post
                    I think they should just allow unlimited doping of all kinds. Athletes will overdo it and die on the track, but hey that would just make it more interesting. They choose to ride, if they die it's their problem.
                    I guess that makes you a fan.

But if doping were legal, *everyone* would have to dope to be competitive. It would no longer be a choice. Not sure how different that is from the current situation, but I'm sure at least some of the athletes out there are not doping. Lance, and the others, are innocent until proven guilty. There's something to be said for zero positive tests...
                    John Foss
                    www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

I'm not really a fan of doping, I just think they should be consistent. Either allow it or stamp it out completely. Since stamping it out is impossible it's more practical to just allow it.
                      vijil.daportfolio.com

Comment

If it's allowed, when should an athlete start figuring out what drug levels work for them? Each sport has its young wannabes, just like our sport. Any high performing athlete will have some youngster that looks up to them and emulates everything about them.
                        Last edited by Boethius; 2010-08-08, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I suppose you'd need to place age limits, perhaps 18 or something. It's fraught with difficulty either way.

Honestly I'm playing devil's advocate here
                          vijil.daportfolio.com

Comment

Originally posted by BillyTheMountain View Post

I don't think so.

I did, though (for real). On more than one occasion.
                            If I remember correctly, you chanted with Baba Ram Dass, not Richard Alpert.

Comment

Originally posted by john_childs View Post
                              This year T-Mobile won the team competition. T-Mobile is the team with Jan Ullrich.
                              Who has already retired in 2007.

By the way, here's a funny link:
                              Lance Armstrong about recumbents
                              Last edited by EwokChieftain; 2010-08-09, 12:06 PM.
                              ..:: Wer im Steinhaus sitzt, sollte nicht mit Gläsern werfen ::..
                              Ergänzung für Keynesianer: Außer bei Nachfrageschwäche.

Comment

Originally posted by reprah View Post
                                If I remember correctly, you chanted with Baba Ram Dass, not Richard Alpert.
                                Are they not one?

Comment

Working...
                                X