$$$$ Wal-Mart $$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$$ Wal-Mart $$$$

The average full-time Wal-Mart employee employee is aid about $17,000/year. The companies health plan covers less than half of its workers.

Last year Scott Lee Jr., Wal-Mart's Chief Executive, was paid $17.5 million.

The average Wal-Mart worker earns in a lifetime what Scott Lee Jr earns in ______ [period of time].
    2 weeks
    60.71%
    3 weeks
    21.43%
    4 weeks
    7.14%
    5 weeks
    10.71%

The poll is expired.

While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Mail order chicken

Originally posted by yoopers
    They look good, but they can't beat the chicken...chicken tenders, actually...at Super Wal-Mart. They're the best!
    While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

Re: $$$$ Wal-Mart $$$$

Originally posted by BillyTheMountain
      The average full-time Wal-Mart employee employee is aid about $17,000/year.
      At least the opportunity is there for those that can't type sentences which need to be read more than once to figure out what was intended to be said. (now I wonder if my sntence makes sense.)
      Gilby

Comment

Re: Re: $$$$ Wal-Mart $$$$

Originally posted by Gilby
        At least the opportunity is there for those that can't type sentences which need to be read more than once to figure out what was intended to be said. (now I wonder if my sntence makes sense.)
        I must be sleepy or something, niether post makes sense to me?
        ~Cameron
        New Photos: www.camerondonaldson.com

“When someone tells you there is no such thing as truth, they are asking you not to believe them. So don’t.”
        - Dr. Roger Scruton

Comment

the fact that i didnt even understand the question makes it fun im sure it would be better if i could make sence of it.
          [insert witty signature here]

Comment

III understand it. and I voted 4, because 4 is my semi-lucky number.

Comment

In order to due this we would need to know how many years your talking bout in 1 lifetime.
              Kris Holm Unicycles. www.krisholm.com

Comment

What is the maximum amount someone should be allowed to earn per year either through wages, investing, or lottery payouts? Clearly there is a maximum where the earnings get to be excessive and should be caped.
                john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                Team Never Wash Your Muni
                My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

Originally posted by john_childs
                  What is the maximum amount someone should be allowed to earn per year either through wages, investing, or lottery payouts? Clearly there is a maximum where the earnings get to be excessive and should be caped.
                  Coming from you John, that's got to be a trick question.
                  Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                  To Shvitz Divine

Comment

Clearly there is a maximum where the earnings get to be excessive and should be caped.
                    I almost spitup my coffee
                    My will to live was stronger than my will to die. - Iggy Pop
                    That which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche 1899

If it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - Mens room wall
                    My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by JJuggle
                      Coming from you John, that's got to be a trick question.
                      Not a trick question. Just something that I wonder about when the topic of excessive pay for executives, sports figures, Hollywood types, and other high earners is discussed. Implied in the comment is that there is some maximum amount of pay that beyond which is considered excessive. I always wonder what that point is. And what should be done with the excessive excess pay?
                      john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                      Team Never Wash Your Muni
                      My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

Re: Re: $$$$ Wal-Mart $$$$

Originally posted by Gilby
                        Thanks. I just got my Wal-Mart manager to help me out:

The average full-time Wal-Mart employee is paid about $17,000/year. The companies health plan covers less than half of its workers.

Last year Scott Lee Jr., Wal-Mart's Chief Executive, was paid $17.5 million.

The average Wal-Mart worker earns in a lifetime what Scott Lee Jr earns in ______ [period of time].

Comment

Originally posted by juggle508
                          In order to due this we would need to know how many years your talking bout in 1 lifetime.
                          With the excellent health care policy Wal-Mart will let me contribute my extra income to, I'd say we'll live long. Put in your own career-span estimates.

Billy

Comment

people should be paid what they're worth. (not gonna happen but hey, here's hoping)

all those "overpaid" sports figures make that amount back *easily* for their teams/companies that they endorce. it takes essentially no education to work full time at wal-mart. yes i feel sorry for those who have to work that job, especially if it's one of the larger employers in the area, but that CEO probably has large amounts (MBA at least) of education and lots of fancy leadership skills and he's responsible for the leadership of a multi-national, multi- billion corporation. as far as ceos goes $17.5 million isn't that much. especially for leading a company as large and complex as wal-mart.

and this is coming from a 24 year old who works for $7/hr in a burrito shop and has 5 years of college education and a marketing degree who can't get a "real" job.

Comment

What is the maximum amount someone should be allowed to earn per year either through wages, investing, or lottery payouts? Clearly there is a maximum where the earnings get to be excessive and should be capped.
                              John: Not at all. How could they cap?

What is especially cool is that now that the major auto makers have been downgraded by Wall Street, the CEOs should be able to break their agreements to pay health and retirement benefits to their employees and retirees.

The courts just ruled that an airline could do that. So it's legal.

Employees who were promised a pension from the company will have to live on Social Security---errr, Social Security?

Anyway, if I work hard as a Wal-Mart cashier, I could be CEO someday. It's not a caste system.

How many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies started out as line workers? It's the American Dream!

Billy

Comment

Working...
                              X