Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THREAD KILLER in our midst????!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JJuggle
    He has subsequent to that reported that a thread is dead after it reaches page three. Is this generally accepted?
    I doubt it... it would be more plausible to say that a thread is dead after 30 days of no more posts as then it's no longer on a page with the default settings.
    Gilby

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gilby
      I doubt it... it would be more plausible to say that a thread is dead after 30 days of no more posts as then it's no longer on a page with the default settings.
      Does that explain why when you click on "Views" from the main JC page to "stack rank" the threads by number of Views, the "Most Views" thread doesn't show up even though it's still probably #2?

      In theory, if people followed the intent of the thread and just viewed but never replied, the thread would be both alive and dead at the same time. A zombie thread...
      Tom Blackwood is like a shadowy figure behind a 36" tree...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tomblackwood
        Does that explain why when you click on "Views" from the main JC page to "stack rank" the threads by number of Views, the "Most Views" thread doesn't show up even though it's still probably #2?
        i hadn't noticed that
        a while ago it seemed as tho some turbo-viewing was giving the server a head-ache so i kinda hope gilby made most views go away
        it was meant to be fun, not to crash the server
        Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
        If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
        harper
        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
        NAMASTE!
        Dave

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GILD
          so i kinda hope gilby made most views go away...it was meant to be fun, not to crash the server
          You hope he made it go away? I sit here half a planet away crushed by your words. You of little faith.

          I find I must now break the Most Views credo to--in my small way--attempt to re-align the planets.
          Tom Blackwood is like a shadowy figure behind a 36" tree...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tomblackwood
            You hope he made it go away? I sit here half a planet away crushed by your words. You of little faith.
            the size of my faith has nothing to do with u
            it's the way i use it

            but seriously
            if it poses any threat to the general wellbeing of these fora, i do hope it goes away
            if it doesn't, consider me viewing
            and increasing the size of my faith
            Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
            If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
            harper
            MikeFule Seager BluntRM
            NAMASTE!
            Dave

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JJuggle
              All threads are subject to revival and so exist in a state of suspended animation, not death.
              I think of threads that sink to page 2 or beyond as being in a persistent vegetative state.
              john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
              Team Never Wash Your Muni
              My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GILD
                if it doesn't, consider me viewing
                and increasing the size of my faith
                As I've said previously...
                Tom Blackwood is like a shadowy figure behind a 36" tree...

                Comment


                • We've lost the count.

                  34
                  john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                  Team Never Wash Your Muni
                  My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tomblackwood
                    In theory, if people followed the intent of the thread and just viewed but never replied, the thread would be both alive and dead at the same time. A zombie thread...
                    Tom,

                    That is NOT so. Most of us have been to "Viewings," in some circles known as "wakes," where you view the dead thread.

                    By the way, in the shared private communication the dead thread referred to was the one JJuggle revived on anti-Bush comments.

                    Billy
                    While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GILD
                      the size of my "faith" has nothing to do with u
                      it's the way i use it

                      consider me viewing
                      and increasing the size of my "faith"
                      His girlfriend talught him that. The second coment refers to his exhibitionist tendencies.

                      Billy

                      JJ: When do we get that Twain quote??? The countdown ensues, and may forever block you.....
                      While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

                      Comment


                      • pay attention billy

                        33
                        32
                        31


                        and listen, listen
                        when we get this count down to zero, that's it
                        right?
                        right?
                        Last edited by GILD; 2005-06-07, 12:18 PM.
                        Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                        If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                        harper
                        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                        NAMASTE!
                        Dave

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BillyTheMountain
                          the dead thread referred to was the one JJuggle revived on anti-Bush comments.
                          Would that then be a mummy thread?

                          30
                          `_______
                          /l ,[____],
                          l---L –0lllllll0-
                          ()_) ()_)----)_)


                          Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

                          Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

                          unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
                          unicycledude93: Yoopers
                          Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yoopers
                            Would that then be a mummy thread?

                            30
                            No, hopefully it won't ever be rediscovered. mind you we could bury it in a giant pyramid.

                            29

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yoopers
                              Would that then be a mummy thread?

                              30
                              Zombie, not mummy.

                              28
                              Tom Blackwood is like a shadowy figure behind a 36" tree...

                              Comment


                              • So should the movie, "Return of the Mummies", have been named more appropriately, "Enter the Zombies"

                                27
                                Last edited by yoopers; 2005-06-07, 06:32 PM.
                                `_______
                                /l ,[____],
                                l---L –0lllllll0-
                                ()_) ()_)----)_)


                                Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

                                Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

                                unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
                                unicycledude93: Yoopers
                                Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X