THREAD KILLER in our midst????!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoopers
    2. Roll cage removed and found severe rust through damage underneath the feet of the cage. Got to cut out and weld in patchwork.
    3. Driver's floorboard almost gone due to rust through. I've been working at cleaning out the shards of metal before I form, cut out, and weld in a new piece of metal. Passenger side floor is rusted through but not as bad and can be patched up. I'll be using a project called POR-15 (Paint Over Rust) as future rust prevention. Supposed to be awesome stuff.

It is ...

I found the same in my renovation 4 years ago.
    I also removed the rollbars, but didnt have to have welding.
    I used 50 year silicon caulk in between the body and rollbar when I reassembled. (after removing rust and coating with por-15, then used enough caulk to squeeze out any penetration by water)
    Then I used rust/rubber spray paint to prevent future nicks around the base of rollbar.

Since I knew I was going all out, I also purchased a cage/rollbar attachment kit. I now have a rollcage.
    ( Cuz, ... just think about it ... If you rollover .. theres only the windshield frame to save your head.)

You should check the window hinges.
    Mine were rusted thru.

The easiest way to check it is to release the bolts and tilt it forward onto the hood.
    A real pain in the ass, but, if your rollbar and seats are out, you should be able to replace it easier. Be sure to order a new window seal while your at it.

Check front A frames too.

Happy Rehab
    Last edited by DigitalDave; 2005-05-20, 10:26 PM.
    My will to live was stronger than my will to die. - Iggy Pop
    That which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche 1899

If it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - Mens room wall
    My Gallery

Comment

• Bruce and Dave,

This thread will never die going OT like this.

And, I hereby delcare I will not post in this thread......

......If it is on page 2.
      Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
      shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalDave
        I also purchased a cage/rollbar attachment kit. I now have a rollcage. ( Cuz, ... just think about it ... If you rollover .. theres only the windshield frame to save your head.)

Check front A frames too.
        Dave,

Our roll cage extends to the top of the windshield so we have a bit more than just the mid-roll bar. But I know there is a more substantial roll cage available.

What are the A frames?

Originally posted by UniBrier
        Steve,

Just trying to do our part to support the S.T.P. (Society of Thread Preservation).

Bruce
        `_______
        /l ,[____],
        l---L –0lllllll0-
        ()_) ()_)----)_)

Munipsycho on the art of raising children: "My job is not to keep them from falling. It's to teach them to always get back up."

Always give lots of credit and take very little. Seems to make everyone happier. Conversely, take as much responsibility for mistakes as one can assume! - Dr. Bobo

unicycledude93: Steve Dekeokeok
        unicycledude93: Yoopers
        Byrnetown: haha, those are old guys

Comment

• Originally posted by yoopers
          What are the A frames?
          I mean check the upper frame for the shock mounts.
          Look for rust around the welds or cracks.
          (Where that upper meets the frame)
          I had my local garage reinforce the welds, since he was also welding the rollcage frame brackets anyway.
          My will to live was stronger than my will to die. - Iggy Pop
          That which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche 1899

If it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - Mens room wall
          My Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by UniBrier
            Bruce and Dave,

And, I hereby delcare I will not post in this thread......

On May 19th, a Guinness World Record attempt for the 'fastest 100 miles on a unicycle,' to raise funds for the first children's circus of Afghanistan, with whom I'll be working this summer.

Does anyone know how fast he went, or how much money he raised??? If need be, do you suppose he could use the money to bail himself out of GITMO or Abu Graib??

Billy

......If it is on page 2.
            While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

• Oi.
              Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
              To Shvitz Divine

Comment

• funny u should say oi

ask me about the yo-oy episode sometime
                Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                harper
                MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                NAMASTE!
                Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by GILD
                  funny u should say oi

ask me about the yo-oy episode sometime
                  Hey, Dave, I've been wondering lately about the yo-oy episode. Would you tell me about it, please? TIA.
                  Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                  To Shvitz Divine

Comment

• TIA?
                    harper
                    MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                    NAMASTE!
                    Dave

Comment

TIA?
                      WTF, the man who sez, "kewl" and "u" doesn't know TIA = Thanks In Advance? Sheesh.
                      Last edited by JJuggle; 2005-05-24, 12:33 PM.
                      Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                      To Shvitz Divine

Comment

• Originally posted by JJuggle
                        The man who sez, "kewl" and "u" doesn't know TIA = Thanks In Advance? Sheesh.
                        well?
                        now will u believe me that i'm not an AOL kiddy?

i mentioned the fun weekend i had with a friend up from cape town in a private communication i trust u received?
                        after the fun evening out on friday, i arrived home at about 04h00 on saturday and woke up around 09h00
                        not feeling like the whole box of Smarties
                        i sent an SMS (text message in some parts of the world) to aforementioned friend with the simple salutation 'Yo'
                        i received a reply at about 11h00 and phoned said friend, jokingly asking how impressive it was that i could actually spell 'Oi' at 09h00
                        it was only after loud and prolonged laughter from friend that i realised what i'd said/done

there it is, the Yo-Oy/Oi episode
                        riveting, wasn't it?
                        harper
                        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                        NAMASTE!
                        Dave

Comment

well?
                          now will u believe me that i'm not an AOL kiddy?

i mentioned the fun weekend i had with a friend up from cape town in a private communication i trust u received?
                          after the fun evening out on friday, i arrived home at about 04h00 on saturday and woke up around 09h00
                          not feeling like the whole box of Smarties
                          i sent an SMS (text message in some parts of the world) to aforementioned friend with the simple salutation 'Yo'
                          i received a reply at about 11h00 and phoned said friend, jokingly asking how impressive it was that i could actually spell 'Oi' at 09h00
                          it was only after loud and prolonged laughter from friend that i realised what i'd said/done

there it is, the Yo-Oy/Oi episode
                          riveting, wasn't it?
                          Yes, I got the private communication. I guess you had to be there, but sounds like a good chuckle between friends.
                          Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                          To Shvitz Divine

Comment

• Whew! The Monday effect almost killed this thread. Thanks for saving it.
                            john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                            Team Never Wash Your Muni
                            My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

• Originally posted by john_childs
                              Whew! The Monday effect almost killed this thread. Thanks for saving it.
                              It'll happen eventually.
                              Gilby

Comment

• Wow! Check out the thread killers in the JC first page....We seem to have a new contender for topspot...

Comment

Working...
                                X