Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's going home, by helicopter.
    Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
    If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
    harper
    MikeFule Seager BluntRM
    NAMASTE!
    Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by GILD View Post
      He's going home, by helicopter.
      I LOVE that song. Such an energetic guitar!
      GILD: "You get to play every game in the world, in the finest game setting known to man, your imagination."

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways.
      Till then I'll just keep riding on

Comment

• It sounded like a guided missile.
        harper
        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
        NAMASTE!
        Dave

Comment

• Living legends should have the descency to NOT die, or where is our world going up to?
          Last edited by Zzagg; 2013-04-23, 04:25 PM.
          GILD: "You get to play every game in the world, in the finest game setting known to man, your imagination."

Comment

• real old next to newer old

Led Belly learned music in the tradition of southern slaves. Recorded in the 30's? Near the end of his life. I doubt he wrote this song, but he made the first recording IMHO.Learned it from some of the blacks that invented blues and dixie new orleans jazz.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye2N_2ce3QE"]Leadbelly - The Gallows Pole - YouTube[/ame]

Next vid, also old to anyone young here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUOxFHo8BHg"]Gallows Pole - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant, live in Paris (1998) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Another great example of the old and semi old

Gary Davis admitted he didn't write this song. The only thing I don't respect him for. He had a lot of talent, just not for lying. Everyone thought he had wrote it. There are at least 15 versions in my collection. His is the oldest recorded that I know of. He said he learned it from Porter Irvining in 1911, as a child. But children lie, and so maybe he just forgot. Anyway, no one remembers Porter Irving, so he should of just lied about it. Saved generations of people typing the story a lot of time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvoKuQPVEdU"]Cocaine Blues - YouTube[/ame]

It's been a century, and this song is still around.

OK, this version is kinda old, but it was the one I heard first. I am a big fan of the song, not cocaine. Rots your wallet, if you could afford to find out what it will do to your brain or your girl friend (who will disappear with the blow and your ego) once your $ is gone. Go ahead, it's your $, I never went there, I'm cheap, and Lindsy Lohan does not return my calls.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKaM_FIAnNU"]Jackson Browne, Cocaine - bbc 1978 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Me too!
                While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

• Something I Learned Today (well, a coupla days ago really) on this board is that there's a tire out called the "Hüsker Dü" which happens to be the name of my favorite band from the '80s, and maybe of all time. It seems that The Newest Industry is making ginormous high-floatation bike tires for sand and snow, which turn out to be pretty good for unicycles too. Just the thing to bring along on all your Chartered Trips.

I'm guessing that the company, 45NRTH, is named for the latitude of the city of Minneapolis. They're part of QBP so that's where they are, and that's where the band hailed from and paid tribute to. (Two songs in that vid. It's the 2nd one.) So I tend to think that the name is not a coincidence.

I could probably come up with ways to tie in Celebrated Summer and 59 Times the Pain too if I really tried, but I've probably taken that too far already. If I have then I Apologize.

Comment

• Oh no.
                    harper
                    MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                    NAMASTE!
                    Dave

Comment

• I saw this, and couldn't find the thread for such bad news.
                      RIP Ray, your music, if only for the "light my fire" intro, will probably be played as long as there are humans in this universe.

Comment

• this one is fun

Don't know the name. But check out the blond girl. Don't know why I'm saying that, you all will be anyway and she knows it. I think she's been taking shyness lessons from Paris Hilton.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-CnWwbeetE"]????????? ? ???? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• That's my new favorite band!

Speaking of P. Hizzy, dunno if you saw but:
                          News that Paris Hilton had signed a record deal with Cash Money Records heated up the blogosphere Wednesday.

Many thought it was a joke that the label that made superstars out of Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj would sign the heiress. But it's true.

The 32-year-old is plotting her return to music with the popular hip-hop label. With online commenters burning up Twitter wondering how it happened, Cash Money co-founder Bryan “Birdman” Williams said the deal was a no-brainer.
                          http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,1335793.story

I'm actually looking forward to hearing what she does. Paris is nowhere near the worst album I've heard. I don't begrudge her. She works harder than I do.

Comment

• This is your new favorite song!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes"]MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]
                            While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

• It's not a road-trip unless there's a Slim Whitman CD involved.
                              harper
                              MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                              NAMASTE!
                              Dave

Comment

• Now what're we going to blame it on?
                                harper
                                MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                                NAMASTE!
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X