No announcement yet.

"What song is it you want to hear?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on topic: I'd like to hear "Billy The Mountain". I've always liked the second line...and the second-to-last one for that matter.

Comment

• Given the sad news from the thread below, I'd like to hear "Thank You Miss Rosa" from the Neville Brothers live album.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44210
      Tom Blackwood is like a shadowy figure behind a 36" tree...

Comment

• Glad to see Miles in there finally, since the jazzman came in and showed many rockers what rock could be if only you had taken some lessons in music theory.

In that spirit, and in his memory, and to get back on topic, the song I'd like to hear is "Right Off" from Miles's album "A Tribute To Jack Johnson".

No, not the surfer dude kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomblackwood
          ...and to get back on topic...
          Originally posted by GILD
          if u thought this was going to be a musical request thread...
          Tom, really! I expected better from you.
          3 Flail Marys and 2 listenings thru Bitches Brew for your pennance.

And everybody who thought about the surfer dude might as well go listen to Bitches Brew as well.
          Last edited by GILD; 2005-11-29, 09:14 AM.
          Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
          If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
          harper
          MikeFule Seager BluntRM
          NAMASTE!
          Dave

Comment

• Anyone here like Chet Baker's stuff? I love it!

I like both his instrumental and vocal versions. I guess "funny valentine" or "let's get lost" sounds good to me right now!
            Last edited by podzol; 2005-11-29, 12:10 PM.
            http://www.frogballsjuggling.com

Comment

• Originally posted by GILD
              3 Flail Marys and 2 listenings thru Bitches Brew for your pennance.
              Sorry, I don't buy the pennance part, but I'll listen through Jack Johnson and We Want Miles anyway, just 'cause.

Irresponsibly titled threads take on a life of their own, as this one clearly shows.

And now, to get back on topic, I'd like to hear "How can I miss you when you won't go away?", by Dan Hicks.

Comment

• I would love to hear Patti Smith's cover of Hey Joe. Years ago I had the 45, but it is long since gone.
                Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                To Shvitz Divine

Comment

• Originally posted by JJuggle
                  I would love to hear Patti Smith's cover of Hey Joe. Years ago I had the 45, but it is long since gone.
                  She's playing tonight at BAM (Brooklyn), doing mostly stuf from 1975--Horses. Sadly, I'll be stuck working at Wal-Mart. But I've seen her before, and she really kicks a--! in concert. I like how she turns a song around, like when she takes "You're a Rock and Roll Star" and does a chorus chant of Don't forget who you are! Brings a whole new meaning to the song.

Originally posted by Ethel_The_Tree
                  Back on topic: I'd like to hear "Billy The Mountain". I've always liked the second line...and the second-to-last one for that matter.
                  Dear Ethyl,

I'll always have a shoulder for you. You have grown on me.

Love, Billy
                  While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

• A series of 49 pictures marking the passing of about 55 musicians. Seems to fit in this thread.
                    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
                    Team Never Wash Your Muni
                    My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

• I was travelling last week and the 25th anniversary of Lennon's murder was all over the news. I had scanned this thread and though it had somehow been missed.

That would have been unIMAGINEable for this group.
                      Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
                      shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by john_childs
                        A series of 49 pictures marking the passing of about 55 musicians. Seems to fit in this thread.
                        Cool they included Belushi.
                        Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
                        shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

• This seems like the appropriate thread for this one...No matter how much I don't like to triple post.

On good sunshine days is it the Beatles' Weather Channel?
                          Attached Files
                          Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

Comment

• Totally worth a tripple post.
                            And to answer your question, maybe, but I prefer the Jimmy Cliff Weather Channel.
                            Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
                            If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
                            harper
                            MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                            NAMASTE!
                            Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by GILD
                              but I prefer the Jimmy Cliff Weather Channel.
                              You clearly are a very bright bright bright bright person.

Now there's a good song to get stuck in your head.
                              Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

Comment

Working...
                              X