• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like to shout freebird at school asemblys

Comment

• Originally posted by bradygreenawalt
      I like to shout freebird at school asemblys
      Free Bird with every 4 gallons of unleaded?

It used to be free Nelson Mandella, but I never saved enough tokens.
      My first novel, Bridge of Otherwhere, Michael Wilkinson, on Kindle. A tale of subtle magic, mystery, friendship and love. Tinyurl.com/Bridge-of-Otherwhere For US$ page: TinyURL.com/OtherwhereBridge

Comment

• Originally posted by GILD
        the plane crash
        October 20 1977
        Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
        If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
        harper
        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
        NAMASTE!
        Dave

Comment

October 20 1977
          Well, happy anniversary today. :0(

The plane crash I always commemorate was 3rd Feb 1959.
          My first novel, Bridge of Otherwhere, Michael Wilkinson, on Kindle. A tale of subtle magic, mystery, friendship and love. Tinyurl.com/Bridge-of-Otherwhere For US$ page: TinyURL.com/OtherwhereBridge

Comment

• Interesting Plane Crash Link

How did we miss the October 12 anniversary of John Denver's crash?
            Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
            shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by UniBrier
              How did we miss the October 12 anniversary of John Denver's crash?
              Well, let's see now...

No disrespect, I'm just not the greatest John Denver fan. While I love 'Leaving on a jet-plane', there's just something about 'Country Roads' that irritates the crap out of me.

Originally posted by Mikefule
              The plane crash I always commemorate was 3rd Feb 1959.
              August 27, 1990 is the one that haunts me.
              I bought his final album (yes, vinyl) from the 'Bargain Bin' in a record store that morning. The next day they we're back on the shelf at full price.

My ex-girlfriend gave me no end of trouble about my 'fascination with dead rock stars'. Trying to explain that the fascination started with what they did before they died never seemed to get me anywhere.
              Last edited by GILD; 2005-10-21, 06:14 AM.
              harper
              MikeFule Seager BluntRM
              NAMASTE!
              Dave

Comment

My ex-girlfriend gave me no end of trouble about my 'fascination with dead rock stars'.
                Have any of the Kennedy kids gotten together to form a band called "The Dead Rock Stars"?

If not, they should.
                Last edited by JJuggle; 2005-10-21, 11:40 AM.
                Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
                To Shvitz Divine

Comment

• Thanx Raphael.
                  Friday suddenly seems much brighter.
                  Maybe it's just the muck i cleaned off my monitor along with the coffee, but it's working.
                  harper
                  MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                  NAMASTE!
                  Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by JJuggle
                    Have any of the Kennedy kids gotten together to form a band called "The Dead Rock Stars"?

If not, they should.
                    I'm sure ole Ted has first hand experience with that old song - "Too Drunk To F**k"
                    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your mother"

Comment

• Of course, one theory holds that Glenn Miller's plane is still up there somewhere.

He must be starving by now.

Comment

Well, let's see now...

No disrespect, I'm just not the greatest John Denver fan. While I love 'Leaving on a jet-plane', there's just something about 'Country Roads' that irritates the crap out of me.
                        I hope you could "see" my tongue planted firmly in cheek when I posted that.

In the height of JD's popularity he was a favorite of my little sister, so of course he irritated the $%^&*#@ out of me too just by the fact my sister liked him.

Nevertheless, the other day I heard a JD song and there was a bit of melancholy and fond memory of a more innocent time. Some of his stuff was quite fun after all.
                        Last edited by UniBrier; 2005-10-21, 05:24 PM.
                        Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your
                        shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.” – Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by UniBrier
                          I hope you could "see" my tongue planted firmly in cheek when I posted that.
                          PHEW!
                          Big relief and all that.
                          No, I missed the tongue.
                          I couldn't quite square the UniBrier i know with a Denverite, but the gentleman in question is undeniably a talented songwriter, so on one level I had to make allowances for the possibillity...

At least I didn't make mention of anybody successfully flying a figure of nine.
                          Oops.
                          Last edited by GILD; 2005-10-21, 05:32 PM.
                          harper
                          MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                          NAMASTE!
                          Dave

Comment

Well, let's see now...

Prolly cuz you couldn't score any "Rocky Mountain High" in South Africa.....

Billy
                            While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

• Originally posted by JJuggle

If not, they should.
                              Shouldn't that be the name of their political party?? Let's keep the analogies straight.

Billy
                              While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyTheMountain
                                Prolly cuz you couldn't score any "Rocky Mountain High" in South Africa.....
                                'scuse me?
                                harper
                                MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                                NAMASTE!
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X