Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugman
    replied
    And back to page 2 that got Gild so riled up... Theinsurance benefits that Employers provide is really the second worst way to have medical coverage if you ask me. It should be more like car insurance. You don't have to be with the same company to keep your insurance, and you have more say so since you are the customer, not the company. Currently if you don't stay with the same company you loose your insurance, and that can really stink if you have preexisting conditions.

The only thing worse is having no control and letting the government decide everything for you.

Cline... Because of my stance on a few issues, everyone thinks I am just right of Rush around here. Clinton made plenty of mistakes, as do most men that get to that level of power. Unfortunately some of the policy issues that he dropped the ball on will really hurt us in the future. North Korea being a big one. As far as what the country was like during his presidency, it was good economicly, I actually believe inspite of his policies. I think Clinton is very likeable on a personal basis. I met him twice, and he is very engaging and personable, in a Tony Robbins sort of way.

THe one thing I think government should do is provide a safe place for freedom to thrive. Giving North Korea the technology that got them to were they are today stinks. Now that it is obvious that is what North Korea did, after lieing to the Clinton administration, and it is found out under Bush's watch it is Bush's fault. I just don't agree. I don't hink Bush would have ever allowed that to happen. Now Kerry is talking about doing the same thing in Iran! Skerry thought.

Leave a comment:

• bugman
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by paco

Umm... how about the condescending sarcasm in the article you posted? I personally don't think either the article (which I found entertaining) or the responses were out of line.

And Gild, it looks like we are brothers once again. Before I leave for the Peace Corps, it looks like I'll be getting my wisdom teeth out. Once again, you beat me to the surgery, but my dad is a dentist, so at least I don't have to worry about coming up with the money for this one!

Why don't you have your Dad repair you're hernia? He has everything you need. Sutures, painkillers, gas,,,

Also were are you going? Some countries have American trained doctors, with no american lawyers so the cost of medical care is next to nothing. I read of a guy today who got a $200,000 heart surgery for $20,000 in India, by a Doctor that practiced in the US for ten years.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by forrestunifreak
    you have a home church?

i do.
    My dad is a missoinairy to the Philadelphia area and a church we use to go to in NJ helps to suport us.

I'm very happy I got it done it doesnt hurt much at all now, in about 4 months I'll be retainer free! They said I could get a nasty bruise on my face I hope I dont.

Leave a comment:

• forrestunifreak
    replied
    you have a home church?

i do.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by GILD
    extraction of root 38
    (and while i was under the GA, they took out tooth 18 as well)

mmmmmmm, painkillers....
    Tooth 9 was removed about 5 years ago, its a long story. Today they put a post in and sewed it up. 9 is the big front top one on my left or I think its 9 it might be some other number. They game my nitros oxide by request. Now it hurts where is my mom with the motrin?!?!

Oh and my home church payed for it.
    Last edited by Tim; 2004-09-30, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paco
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

i suspect it's the condecending attitude that gets to me more than the content
    Umm... how about the condescending sarcasm in the article you posted? I personally don't think either the article (which I found entertaining) or the responses were out of line.

And Gild, it looks like we are brothers once again. Before I leave for the Peace Corps, it looks like I'll be getting my wisdom teeth out. Once again, you beat me to the surgery, but my dad is a dentist, so at least I don't have to worry about coming up with the money for this one!

Leave a comment:

• GILD
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by Tim
    Me too! what are you getting done?
    extraction of root 38
    (and while i was under the GA, they took out tooth 18 as well)

mmmmmmm, painkillers....

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

i'm dissapearing for a couple of days due to some oral surgery
    and not a moment to soon either
    Me too! what are you getting done?

Leave a comment:

• GILD
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by john_childs
    Relax Gild, you don't seem to be handling this well.
    i do apologise for creating that impression
    a couple of days off might just be the ticket
    Originally posted by john_childs If you think that posts like that should not be subject to any kind of rebuttal then just say so.
    far be it from me to even suggest that the free exchange of views should be impeded
    i'm not going to make u sign any kind of loyalty oath, relax
    i suspect it's the condecending attitude that gets to me more than the content
    i perceive a truly scary and dangerous situation developing (and i mean one that will impact on the rest of the world and endanger my way of life as a non-american) and u guys just condescend away in seemingly blissfull ignorance
    non so blind as they who do not want to see and all that
    I think it's about time that I search out and subscribe to some wacko right wing email lists so I'll have some entertaining posts to balance your regular contributions. But just remember that any kind of a rubuttal on those posts will be against the rules.

Leave a comment:

• john_childs
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

christ on a clydesdale chopper! u guys can sure dish it out, but u most definately can't take it
    thanx for re-confirming that
    Relax Gild, you don't seem to be handling this well.

If you think that posts like that should not be subject to any kind of rebuttal then just say so.

I think it's about time that I search out and subscribe to some wacko right wing email lists so I'll have some entertaining posts to balance your regular contributions. But just remember that any kind of a rubuttal on those posts will be against the rules.

Leave a comment:

• GILD
    replied
    Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

blah, blah, blah
    christ on a clydesdale chopper! u guys can sure dish it out, but u most definately can't take it
    thanx for re-confirming that

i'm dissapearing for a couple of days due to some oral surgery
    and not a moment to soon either

Leave a comment:

• john_childs
    replied
    Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by dogbowl
    Anyone see this? It's been making the email rounds. A journalist from Kansas passed it to me, as did some friends who work for The Nation.
    -----------------

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN
    I hope a journalist didn't write that, cause it's really poorly written.

The piece should actually be titled "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE LIBERTARIAN". It doesn't describe the modern Republican party. Trying to go back to the 1930's or late 1800's and trying to compare political platforms back then with political platforms now will just get you in to trouble. Politics was different back then. What was a Democrat back then is not what a Democrat is now. Same for the Republican party.

As a reality distortion piece it does a pretty good job. It is certainly something that would make a Democrat feel good about themselves. As an article based on fact it is sorely lacking.

Republicans are not 100% against regulation. They won't take some regulations as far as the Democrats would want, but they're not against adequate regulation where it is needed.

The writer also ignores the liberals who are against the animal testing on bunnies and monkeys and rats that is necessary to test the safety of drugs and the ingredients in your shampoo or your cosmetics. If it was up to the liberals we wouldn't be able to test our drugs and other products to determine if they're safe or not.

The Republicans seem to care more about the future of Social Security now than do the liberals. The Republicans want to reform it and allow some investment so that Social Security has a chance of still being around in 20 or 30 years. Right now I'm not expecting Social Security to still be around when I'm retired. No thanks to the liberals.

Leave a comment:

• TheObieOne3226
    replied
    Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by dogbowl
    Anyone see this? It's been making the email rounds. A journalist from Kansas passed it to me, as did some friends who work for The Nation.
    -----------------

Long, poorly written thingy...

Was that written by a five year old? If you're going to attack someone or show support for someone at least show that you have the intelligence to write using the standards of English.

Leave a comment:

• dogbowl
    replied

-----------------

Joe gets up at 6 A.M. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance ? now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joes employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day.

Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Leave a comment:

• cline
    replied
    Originally posted by bugman
    Fiscal Conservitive
    Social Liberal
    Constitutional Conservitive
    Wow - we agree completely! You're not such a bad guy.

It is a shame that Bush is none of the above. Clinton - the man you love to hate - is a lot closer to (or, if you prefer, less far from) these positions. Funny world we live in.

Honestly,

Ken

Leave a comment:

Working...
X