Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by GILD
    christ on a clydesdale chopper! u guys can sure dish it out, but u most definately can't take it
    thanx for re-confirming that
    Relax Gild, you don't seem to be handling this well.

If you think that posts like that should not be subject to any kind of rebuttal then just say so.

I think it's about time that I search out and subscribe to some wacko right wing email lists so I'll have some entertaining posts to balance your regular contributions. But just remember that any kind of a rubuttal on those posts will be against the rules.
    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Never Wash Your Muni
    My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by john_childs
      Relax Gild, you don't seem to be handling this well.
      i do apologise for creating that impression
      a couple of days off might just be the ticket
      Originally posted by john_childs If you think that posts like that should not be subject to any kind of rebuttal then just say so.
      far be it from me to even suggest that the free exchange of views should be impeded
      i'm not going to make u sign any kind of loyalty oath, relax
      i suspect it's the condecending attitude that gets to me more than the content
      i perceive a truly scary and dangerous situation developing (and i mean one that will impact on the rest of the world and endanger my way of life as a non-american) and u guys just condescend away in seemingly blissfull ignorance
      non so blind as they who do not want to see and all that
      Originally posted by john_childs
      I think it's about time that I search out and subscribe to some wacko right wing email lists so I'll have some entertaining posts to balance your regular contributions. But just remember that any kind of a rubuttal on those posts will be against the rules.
      Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
      If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
      harper
      MikeFule Seager BluntRM
      NAMASTE!
      Dave

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

i'm dissapearing for a couple of days due to some oral surgery
        and not a moment to soon either
        Me too! what are you getting done?
        machining the world

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by Tim
          Me too! what are you getting done?
          extraction of root 38
          (and while i was under the GA, they took out tooth 18 as well)

mmmmmmm, painkillers....
          Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
          If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
          harper
          MikeFule Seager BluntRM
          NAMASTE!
          Dave

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

i suspect it's the condecending attitude that gets to me more than the content
            Umm... how about the condescending sarcasm in the article you posted? I personally don't think either the article (which I found entertaining) or the responses were out of line.

And Gild, it looks like we are brothers once again. Before I leave for the Peace Corps, it looks like I'll be getting my wisdom teeth out. Once again, you beat me to the surgery, but my dad is a dentist, so at least I don't have to worry about coming up with the money for this one!
            Blah Blah Blah BACON Blah Blah Blah
            --Harper a-la Catboy
            Still a work in progress . . .

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

extraction of root 38
              (and while i was under the GA, they took out tooth 18 as well)

mmmmmmm, painkillers....
              Tooth 9 was removed about 5 years ago, its a long story. Today they put a post in and sewed it up. 9 is the big front top one on my left or I think its 9 it might be some other number. They game my nitros oxide by request. Now it hurts where is my mom with the motrin?!?!

Oh and my home church payed for it.
              Last edited by Tim; 2004-09-30, 06:11 PM.
              machining the world

Comment

you have a home church?

i do.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by forrestunifreak
                  you have a home church?

i do.
                  My dad is a missoinairy to the Philadelphia area and a church we use to go to in NJ helps to suport us.

I'm very happy I got it done it doesnt hurt much at all now, in about 4 months I'll be retainer free! They said I could get a nasty bruise on my face I hope I dont.
                  machining the world

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Originally posted by paco

Umm... how about the condescending sarcasm in the article you posted? I personally don't think either the article (which I found entertaining) or the responses were out of line.

And Gild, it looks like we are brothers once again. Before I leave for the Peace Corps, it looks like I'll be getting my wisdom teeth out. Once again, you beat me to the surgery, but my dad is a dentist, so at least I don't have to worry about coming up with the money for this one!

Why don't you have your Dad repair you're hernia? He has everything you need. Sutures, painkillers, gas,,,

Also were are you going? Some countries have American trained doctors, with no american lawyers so the cost of medical care is next to nothing. I read of a guy today who got a $200,000 heart surgery for $20,000 in India, by a Doctor that practiced in the US for ten years.
                    Support my Tour de Cure Ride!
                    Go here to Donate!
                    Thanks!!!

Comment

And back to page 2 that got Gild so riled up... Theinsurance benefits that Employers provide is really the second worst way to have medical coverage if you ask me. It should be more like car insurance. You don't have to be with the same company to keep your insurance, and you have more say so since you are the customer, not the company. Currently if you don't stay with the same company you loose your insurance, and that can really stink if you have preexisting conditions.

The only thing worse is having no control and letting the government decide everything for you.

Cline... Because of my stance on a few issues, everyone thinks I am just right of Rush around here. Clinton made plenty of mistakes, as do most men that get to that level of power. Unfortunately some of the policy issues that he dropped the ball on will really hurt us in the future. North Korea being a big one. As far as what the country was like during his presidency, it was good economicly, I actually believe inspite of his policies. I think Clinton is very likeable on a personal basis. I met him twice, and he is very engaging and personable, in a Tony Robbins sort of way.

THe one thing I think government should do is provide a safe place for freedom to thrive. Giving North Korea the technology that got them to were they are today stinks. Now that it is obvious that is what North Korea did, after lieing to the Clinton administration, and it is found out under Bush's watch it is Bush's fault. I just don't agree. I don't hink Bush would have ever allowed that to happen. Now Kerry is talking about doing the same thing in Iran! Skerry thought.
                      Support my Tour de Cure Ride!
                      Go here to Donate!
                      Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X