Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey.

edit: NEW PAGE
    Last edited by James_Potter; 2019-12-05, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Legendary James Potter is posting. Quiet a shock to see that name again! How are you?
      Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Comment

• Originally posted by James_Potter View Post
        hey.

edit: NEW PAGE
        Stay awhile next time. 😃

Comment

• hey hey my dudes whats cracking?
          [QUOTE/into the blue]Am I the only one who finds it incredibly egotistical when someone sigs themselves?
          [QUOTE/dan de man]yes , yes you are

Comment

• Plenty of uncertainty is what is cracking over here.

Might be looking for another job at least temporarily. We were supposed to find out on Wednesday who was considered essential staff, but still no word. Monday new measures come in effect and I might be working out of the office like normal, I might be working from home, or I might be not working and looking for another way to get a paycheque.

If it's option three there are a couple jobs advertised right now that would definitely count as essential that I would have a good chance of getting. Another possibility is I might be temporarily laid off but be in the command staff rotation for the Incident Management Team. Personally I'm hoping for the working from home + rotation in the IMT option. I'm a bit sick of working IMTs (not sure if I have fully recovered from 2015) but when it's all hands on deck we have to use the skills we have.

I have plenty of wood, food and TP from before this all started so I should be warm, fed, and not in too shitty of a situation if it all goes south anyways.
            My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post

I have plenty of wood, food and TP from before this all started so I should be warm, fed, and not in too shitty of a situation if it all goes south anyways.
              Hey, if it all goes south, it ends up here. Hope you end up in better shape than my daughter and son-in-law who now have no income by mandate of the state and no clear path to recompense.

-Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your daughter and son-in-law's situation. The US isn't relaxing rules and expediating employment insurance claims during the crisis? If I had to go on EI it wouldn't pay all my bills but it would sure soften the blow.

Looks like I'm going to be in pretty good shape. Talked to a co-worker this evening; She had been commandeered by the Emergency Operations Centre for at least the rest of the month. Sounds like my supervisor is already working from home as of Friday and I will do the same after I confirm with him tomorrow morning.

Also I'll be setting up two offices rather than just one as my beloved (Thanks GILD for the term!) is planning to get out of the city and move in to my place late next week to ride this thing out. We are both pretty used to living in our own spaces. It will be interesting sharing a home, work environment, and everything else while being cooped up. I'll know how serious the move is by whether or not she brings her plants.

Good luck to everyone!
                My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Beloved was missing some of the equipment that she used on a regular basis at the local gym. I didn't have anything like that but I did have cement, an old tent frame for handles, some peanut butter containers for forms, some 2x4s laying around, an old closet door, and some anti-slip matting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200405_134014.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	2803004
                  In other news there is another heavy snowfall warning today. I am really looking forward to spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by reprah View Post
                    This one is for you

https://youtu.be/v5SSnQBtaq4

Comment

• The North Saskatchewan River on Sunday if anyone hasn't seen a river after breakup before.

https://www.facebook.com/cityofpa/vi...3031382772736/

Wouldn't want to get swept into that!

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post

This one is for you
                        So nice of you to think of me. And it's obvious what makes you think of me. The feeding was particularly funny.

-Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Working...
                        X