No announcement yet.

MOST REPLYS II: Return of the Reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from vacation as well... As you can see Dave it's super busy around here...
    PageDance !
    Last edited by thieum; 2019-08-31, 11:31 AM.
    Vimeo Unicycle Videos - Requiem for a Uni in HD

Comment

• Originally posted by jagur View Post
      who are you people
      🤣

Comment

• Staggeringly busy.

I'm going to read back.

I'll be back in October.
        Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
        If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
        harper
        MikeFule Seager BluntRM
        NAMASTE!
        Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by GILD View Post
          Staggeringly busy.

I'm going to read back.

I'll be back in October.
          sounds reasonable... You wouldn't want to overextend the workload...
          Vimeo Unicycle Videos - Requiem for a Uni in HD

Comment

• We celebrated last weekend, but today marks the end of my grandma's 99th year, and the start of her 100th. I hope I look half this good if I get to her age
            Attached Files
            My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
              We celebrated last weekend, but today marks the end of my grandma's 99th year, and the start of her 100th. I hope I look half this good if I get to her age
              Don't worry, Eric. You already look half that good. Tell her congratulations.
              -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

• Ran into our executive director in the stairway this morning, said hi, and when he was halfway up the flight he stopped, turned around and said, Oh hey I got something for you. Pulled a small envelope out of his bag and gave me the "on behalf of the Government of Saskatchewan handshake" then went on his way.

It's only been 10.5 years. I know people who have waited 14 years to get their pin as it sat in a desk drawer somewhere.

Now I'm not sure what to do with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10 year.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	2461758
                My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Recognition

Congrats Eric!!!

Comment

Now I'm not sure what to do with it.
                    Put it on the lapel of your sports coat or suit jacket!
                    Wear it to meetings, weddings, even your OWN wedding!!!

Congrats!!!
                    Last edited by William393; 2019-09-26, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• A friend texted me the other day to ask if I wanted to go on a two week road trip through two provinces and 18 states in February. An idea we have been kicking around for a couple years now.

With changing positions and locations twice and the slow fire season I lost my 40 hours Northern Leave, have 12 hours rather than 90 of banked OT, and have already spent some of my Vacation Leave for the year.

All that to say that when I looked at the leave calendar, and moved things around to see if I could make the trip work I ended up 4 hours short and no wiggle room for last minute plans or carry over for next year. So it's looking like no road trip.

Then...

A request has gone from Australia to Canada for Incident Management teams to help out in New South Wales, CIFFC has passed the request on to provinces looking for teams or certified team members for a deployment up to 30 days. I'm certified as a Planning Section Chief and have worked in Australia before. This would be a perfect opportunity to head back, maybe run into people I worked with over there, get paid to go somewhere warm for a month, make some extra money, generally have an awesome time, while also giving me the leave flexibility to let me go on that road trip in February using overtime that I would bank.

The problem is that I am about 2 weeks behind in my regular work and have way too much time sensitive stuff to get done to consider a month long deployment.

So the morals of the story are: If you can bank overtime, don't have it payed out when you don't need it, thinking you will re-build it because you might not...

And more importantly keep your ducks in a row at work and don't get behind if you can help it. It's easier to convince your managers to let you go fight someone else's fires if yours are under control.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about my job, it's pretty great and I'm lucky to have it. Having too many opportunities for great things is a fantastic problem to have. It would be great to do it all but then you get burnt out. Sometimes I realize that I am still recovering from the non-stop go go go of 2015.
                      Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2019-11-15, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Your grandma looks to be in very good shape for 100!

My wife and I are going to be having our first child in January.
                        Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Comment

• I see there is a ghost page here, ahh, brings back memories.
                          Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

Comment

A friend texted me the other day to ask if I wanted to go on a two week road trip through two provinces and 18 states in February. An idea we have been kicking around for a couple years now.

With changing positions and locations twice and the slow fire season I lost my 40 hours Northern Leave, have 12 hours rather than 90 of banked OT, and have already spent some of my Vacation Leave for the year.

All that to say that when I looked at the leave calendar, and moved things around to see if I could make the trip work I ended up 4 hours short and no wiggle room for last minute plans or carry over for next year. So it's looking like no road trip.

Then...

A request has gone from Australia to Canada for Incident Management teams to help out in New South Wales, CIFFC has passed the request on to provinces looking for teams or certified team members for a deployment up to 30 days. I'm certified as a Planning Section Chief and have worked in Australia before. This would be a perfect opportunity to head back, maybe run into people I worked with over there, get paid to go somewhere warm for a month, make some extra money, generally have an awesome time, while also giving me the leave flexibility to let me go on that road trip in February using overtime that I would bank.

The problem is that I am about 2 weeks behind in my regular work and have way too much time sensitive stuff to get done to consider a month long deployment.

So the morals of the story are: If you can bank overtime, don't have it payed out when you don't need it, thinking you will re-build it because you might not...

And more importantly keep your ducks in a row at work and don't get behind if you can help it. It's easier to convince your managers to let you go fight someone else's fires if yours are under control.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about my job, it's pretty great and I'm lucky to have it. Having too many opportunities for great things is a fantastic problem to have. It would be great to do it all but then you get burnt out. Sometimes I realize that I am still recovering from the non-stop go go go of 2015.
                            Bummer. Maybe another year

My own little story. One year there was this really great airfare Sydney to Vancover via Gungzhou China that I wanted to take up. But it was the end of financial year so my manager wouldn't allow me the leave. Pity, cause it was July, the coldest time in Sydney and I'd rather be somewhere warmer. And I've still never been to Canada.

I think, take the opportunities as they arise.
                            Last edited by Gockie; 2019-11-30, 09:56 PM.
                            A happy Sydneysider, will I go to the next Unicon?

Comment

A friend texted me the other day to ask if I wanted to go on a two week road trip through two provinces and 18 states in February. An idea we have been kicking around for a couple years now.

Then...

Comment

• Originally posted by habbywall View Post
                                Your grandma looks to be in very good shape for 100!

My wife and I are going to be having our first child in January.
                                Congratulations!! Boy or girl!

Comment

Working...
                                X