MOST REPLYS II: Return of the Reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
    OK guys listen very carefully and I will say it for you.

Saskatchewan
    Sass - as in cheeky female
    Cat - as in meauw
    Chew - as in bacca
    One - as in not two
    Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
    If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
    harper
    MikeFule Seager BluntRM
    NAMASTE!
    Dave

Comment

• Damnit.

QriMPd.
      harper
      MikeFule Seager BluntRM
      NAMASTE!
      Dave

Comment

• mr. gild,

is this you at the 30 second mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yo0MGR2kmA

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post

EDIT: I said it on facebook, but I should say it on here. CONGRATULATIONS! I am a bit envious of your trip, I am sure it will be a blast.
          Thanks! The past couple days have been a bit crazy. We're super stoked and can't wait to go.
          2016 KH Evolution of Balance Award
          Follow our journey!
          Uni Girls Kick Alps www.kickalps.com
          -Kelli

Comment

• Originally posted by William393 View Post
            mr. gild,

is this you at the 30 second mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yo0MGR2kmA
            Sadly, it's not.

That would be the one and only UNIPIPER.

He's a kewl guy.

We hope to one day hook up and do a parade.

We plan on riding about 50ft apart.

We're going to blow some wino's mind.
            harper
            MikeFule Seager BluntRM
            NAMASTE!
            Dave

Comment

• I post this here, because not too many other places, nor people, will understand.

Muhammed Ali is dead.

He died sometime Friday night/ Saturday morning, our time.

I have dreaded this day for sometime now.

This morning, Saturniy morning, I was booked to work as announcer at a local car show.
              I drove to the shopping centre, parked in the basement, and took the escalator to the parking level where the car show was taking place.

Mere metres from the door to that parking area, my phone rang.

Beloved.

Weird. I'd spoken to her less than 10 minutes ago, before I left the house.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?", I immediately enquired.

"Nothing", she lied, "I just didn't want anybody at the car show to surprise you with this."

"With what?", I asked.

"Muhammad Ali died this morning", she tells me.

She knows this is one of the few days I dreaded in this life, for the longest time.
              She took it upon herself to tell me this news.

No, I cannot love this woman more.

Later in the day, I managed to read the entire 'aligator' speech on mic, and only started tearing up when I said "Rest In Peace, Champ."

Blue would've understood.
              harper
              MikeFule Seager BluntRM
              NAMASTE!
              Dave

Comment

• Ali got NY Times front page photo and story both Saturday and Sunday, sports section full cover photo and story + 5 more pages inside that section yesterday and more today. Lots of photos!! one Times article:

Muhammad Ali, the three-time world heavyweight boxing champion who helped define his turbulent times as the most charismatic and controversial sports figure of the 20th century, died on Friday in a Phoenix-area hospital. He was 74.

His death was confirmed by Bob Gunnell, a family spokesman. The cause was septic shock, a family spokeswoman said.

Ali, who lived near Phoenix, had had Parkinson’s disease for more than 30 years. He was admitted to the hospital on Friday with what Mr. Gunnell said was a respiratory problem.

Ali was the most thrilling if not the best heavyweight ever, carrying into the ring a physically lyrical, unorthodox boxing style that fused speed, agility and power more seamlessly than that of any fighter before him.

But he was more than the sum of his athletic gifts. An agile mind, a buoyant personality, a brash self-confidence and an evolving set of personal convictions fostered a magnetism that the ring alone could not contain. He entertained as much with his mouth as with his fists, narrating his life with a patter of inventive doggerel. (“Me! Wheeeeee!”)

Ali was as polarizing a superstar as the sports world has ever produced — both admired and vilified in the 1960s and ’70s for his religious, political and social stances. His refusal to be drafted during the Vietnam War, his rejection of racial integration at the height of the civil rights movement, his conversion from Christianity to Islam and the changing of his “slave” name, Cassius Clay, to one bestowed by the separatist black sect he joined, the Lost-Found Nation of Islam, were perceived as serious threats by the conservative establishment and noble acts of defiance by the liberal opposition.

Comment

• Heartbreak, pure and simple.
                  harper
                  MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                  NAMASTE!
                  Dave

Comment

• Yeah, I was in Russia when he died. I remember seeing headlines with Louisville in it and wondering why the hell anyone in Russia cared about Kentucky. Later that day, when they were showing pictures of Muhammad Ali, I realized what had happened. It was all very sad.
                    ... and nipples, never forget the nipples.
                    Saskatchewanian

Comment

• Hey Bant, what're you doing in Russia?
                      harper
                      MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                      NAMASTE!
                      Dave

Comment

• I haven't been here for a while. My computer died a temporary death (power supply) so I can only be on here while at work now

GILD I don't know your personal connection with Mohammad Ali but there is no doubting he was a great man. It's funny in a sad kind of way how you often don't know how awesome someone really was until they are gone. I knew he refused the draft but was not aware how politically active he really was.

So since I was here last my computer died, my truck window got smashed (for $10 in change), my motorcycle tire is now worn down to the cords, and my phone is glitching out on me.

This was all more than offset by a 1000km ride on the bike to finish off the current tire, a canoe trip with friends to the tallest falls in Saskatchewan where we went "swimming" in the pool (way too cold to actually swim, more like jump off a rock and then scramble to the shore), a jet boat ride, and getting a free signed print from Garry Thompson.

All and all it was a pretty good week off.
                        My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• It does sound like a pretty bloody ARSUM week, or however Harper spells it.

No particular connection to Ali. Just the awesomeness of him as an athlete, and the poignancy of the Olympic Torch moment.

The rest?

Detail.

Important detail, to be sure, to be sure.
                          harper
                          MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                          NAMASTE!
                          Dave

Comment

• I keep getting notifications that Harper has responded to this thread, but when I get here, his post isn't here.

And there aren't any ghost-pages either.

WTF?
                            harper
                            MikeFule Seager BluntRM
                            NAMASTE!
                            Dave

Comment

• You get post notifications?

The ghosts seem to come and go. I have seen up to two on this new MR, but none right now.

Quiet day at work. We had two fires reported after hours yesterday before a big rain. We sent out patrols 4 times today to check the area but they haven't seen anything yet. Who knows it might pop up tomorrow.
                              My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Originally posted by GILD View Post
                                It does sound like a pretty bloody ARSUM week, or however Harper spells it.
                                AWSM!!

Originally posted by GILD View Post
                                I keep getting notifications that Harper has responded to this thread, but when I get here, his post isn't here.
                                I kept trying to give you the correct spelling for AWSM but the RSU site took away all my caps and, in frustration, I deleted the posts.
                                -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Working...
                                X