X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favoutite band?

Question:

A)What is your favourite band?
    B) What song gets you most in the mood to ride?

A) Disturbed
    B) 'Calling From the Lord' - Furnaceface (Kris's NewWorldDisorder appearance)
    Happy Life Day

!

I like sum 41 or fast paced bands like that, or blink 182.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind....

Comment

My favorite bands are Queen, Blue Oyster Cult and Styx because those three bands got me through the disco years. I am forever grateful to those bands for making it possible for me to survive the disco years. The first rock album that I ever owned was Queen's News Of The World and I still have that album (this is a real album, they didn't have CD's back then).

"The Passenger" by the Lunachicks (a cover of an Iggy Pop song) makes me want to ride. That song is on the New World Disorder video. Another song that currently makes me want to ride is "Fairies Wear Boots" by Ozzy. I don't know why, but it just makes me want to go ride. And no, I don't wear boots when I ride.
      john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
      Team Never Wash Your Muni
      My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock

Comment

The Pat Metheny Group
        San Lorenzo

Originally posted by john_childs
        And no, I don't wear boots when I ride.
        He wears spiked heels....red faux leather.
        Last edited by harper; 2003-01-31, 07:14 AM.
        -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Re: What's your favoutite band?

Originally posted by Sofa
          Question:

A)What is your favourite band?
          B) What song gets you most in the mood to ride?
          A) The Weavers
          B) Kumbaya (I go so slow it makes me feel like I can ride backwards competently)

Originally posted by Harper
          He wears spiked heels....red faux leather.
          I believe the first part, but not the "faux" part.

Raphael Lasar
          Matawan, NJ
          Raphael Lasar

To Plotz is Human
          To Shvitz Divine

Comment

I don't think I have one favourite band. However, looking at my CD collection I think one of Feeder, U2, Goo Goo Dolls or Third Eye Blind would take the spot.

As for pre-riding songs... something exciting, like The Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So. Great song!

Phil
            "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."

Comment

a) THE DOORS
              b) i've never noticed a particular song puting me in the mood to ride
              i'll pay more attention and report back
              Three short Gs and a long E-flat™ - UniHoki
              If I'm Murdered, Don't Execute My Killer.
              harper
              MikeFule Seager BluntRM
              NAMASTE!
              Dave

Comment

Not Queen.

There's something uninspiring about their music.
                I'll sit on you... and your little dog, too!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
                -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Comment

Call me Perverse

The United States Marine Corps Band!

...playing...

(Be sure to turn your speakers up all the way... )

Entry of the Gladiators
                  I'll sit on you... and your little dog, too!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
                  -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Comment

Re: Call me Perverse

Originally posted by gluteous maximus
                    Entry of the Gladiators
                    Ah yes, how did we all forget! Oh how I rejoice when I hear people humming it.

Edit: That quote is better if you imagine Don LaFontaine reading it...

Phil
                    Last edited by phil; 2003-01-31, 03:41 PM.
                    "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."

Comment

favourite band- Probably the Slackers, Catch 22, or the Bouncing Souls

Song to get me in the mood

Roll On -by The Living End
                      Throw a Bomb - by Mustard Plug
                      War Ensemble- Slayer
                      Sink or Swim- Bigwig
                      adirectional- 4th grade nothing
                      No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got to do it right. H2O

-------MUNI MILITIA -------
                      One Wheeled Death Squad

Comment

Band: Seraphim Shock, a goth/metal band from Denver that is getting pretty well know, in the right circles, that is.
                        Also, Type-O-Negative. Not sure any of these guys have a uni inspiring song however.

song: 3 of them come to mind while I'm riding. That song from One Tired Guy at the end whild Kris is riding North Shore, A fast beach guitar surfer song that I don't know the name of but we've all heard it, and another one that I don't care to name... no, not that one. One day I'll make a Muni video of myself and will use it.
                        "Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again." (Franklin P. Jones)

Comment

Favourite band: Gentle Giant, unsurpassed 'progressive rock' band from the 1970's.

Pre-riding song: none, to me music and unicycling aren't related.

Klaas Bil
                          [no sig line for forum posts]

Comment

Band: thats always a tuff question i'll just say , The Who, and cat stevens.
                            rather than going into my tastes in music and explaning all the different music i listen to.

Song:i t depend what kinda mood i am in before i ride, a couple songs that always work are
                            "teenage watse land" by the who and "box of rain" by the grateful dead
                            (dont know why but the song always puts me in a mood to ride).

Joey

Comment

I never thought about a connection (music and unicycling).

Certainly not Type O Negative. I don't have the skill to ride that slowly (but I'm going to try it).

My ready-made list of all-time favorite groups --

1) Rush
                              2) Tangerine Dream
                              3) Jethro Tull
                              4) Boston
                              5) Johnny Clegg (and Juluka/Savuka)
                              6) Ladysmith Black Mambazo

(not sure why, but the United States is barely represented in that list...)

A few songs that have a VERY, VERY strong association with riding (via the Pavlovian effect?) are 'Calling From the Lord' and all the music from the awesome, spectacular www.muniac.tk video.

uni57 (Dave)

Comment

Working...
                              X