Your Day Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnfoss View Post
    I haven't noticed the decline (except here at the Forums), but it may be more noticeable in some places than others. Where are you located? Certainly the Unicons have gotten steadily larger. When held in Europe they are so big it's hard to fit everything in for everybody, it takes almost two weeks to do it all, and you can't do the old-school Public Show because no venue would be big enough to hold everybody! Instead it has to be spread around multiple venues, with simultaneous events (you have to pick which ones to attend), like the actual Olympics.
    I'm in France, and I mainly base my belief on the popularity of the term "monocycle" from google search (in France only):

And also the activity of our forum and facebook group.

But there sure are a lot of more factor to take into consideration

Comment

If you just look in the past 5 years, then for these words : monociclo, monocycle, unicycle, einrad, ethjulet cykel, it seems they were searched more often pre-2016.

This summer I will bring buy a uni that I will keep with my family in Thailand. Who knows when ppl see me ride, they might grow an interest. Not sure what it is called in Thai. Djakarayan is a normal bike

Comment

Here another IT person...

Besides in unicycling I found the number of IT people in juggling also remarkable high.

My day-job used to be be unicycling, which was my main source of income for over 15 years.

Currently I'm running 7 TLD's (ccTLD's and one IDN-gTLD), of which one had over 50 million domains, making us the 2nd largest registry after VeriSign with .com/.net
        I was the architect of the whole DNS infrastucture of this operator.
        After then many new gTLD's have systems exactly modeled after my setup.

For the near future I'm considering a job as rootserver-operator, a position which I've been offered before, but never did, as I found unicycling more important.
        unicycle.show
        unicycle.blog
        unicycle.builders
        +1 866 UNI-CYCL

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
          Here another IT person...

Besides in unicycling I found the number of IT people in juggling also remarkable high.

My day-job used to be be unicycling, which was my main source of income for over 15 years.

Currently I'm running 7 TLD's (ccTLD's and one IDN-gTLD), of which one had over 50 million domains, making us the 2nd largest registry after VeriSign with .com/.net
          I was the architect of the whole DNS infrastucture of this operator.
          After then many new gTLD's have systems exactly modeled after my setup.

For the near future I'm considering a job as rootserver-operator, a position which I've been offered before, but never did, as I found unicycling more important.
          I've found a remarkable number of people who canyon also unicycle.
          Say out of 30 canyoners, 5 would also be unicyclists.
          If you are female please join the Female Unicyclists! group on Facebook!

Comment

I have been a machinist for over 40 years. Currently I am doing programming. I enjoy machining more then programming but at 60 years old A chair and keyboard is much easier on the body then standing on concrete and bending over a machine and lifting parts all day.

I have my own CNC Bridgeport and a pretty nice home fabrication/welding shop and enjoy making things for myself and my hobbies. I produce my own line of slot cars tools and sell them to help support my hobbies. Looking forward to spending more time in it once I retire.
            Last edited by DaUniGuy; 2019-12-16, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaUniGuy View Post
              I have my own CNC Bridgeport and a pretty nice home fabrication/welding shop and enjoy making things for myself and my hobbies.
              You say nothing about making unicycle parts. I use the shop at my ex-workplace to make motorcycle, unicycle, bicycle, and appliance parts. That's about the only reason I ever go there. I hope retirement is just around the corner for you.
              -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Job?

I have been an aerospace engineer, Prototype engineer/Machinist, and now tool and die maker. Done lots of programing on parts and only have manual machines at home, for of course Unicycles and their parts.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                  I found the number of IT people in juggling also remarkable high.
                  Which I think stems in the same kind of challange; keep multiple processes fluently floating.

Originally posted by Gockie View Post
                  I've found a remarkable number of people who canyon also unicycle.
                  Say out of 30 canyoners, 5 would also be unicyclists.
                  But opposite I didn't notice that - at least not yet.
                  unicycle.show
                  unicycle.blog
                  unicycle.builders
                  +1 866 UNI-CYCL

Comment

Working...
                  X