random thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random thought

My wife and I enjoy watching the birds in our backyard, and have installed bird feeders to attract them, including hummingbird feeders.
    Yesterday evening I was watching the hummingbirds, and it occurred to me that the flight pattern looked familiar.
    Hummingbirds can: hover (still-stand), move back and forth in a controlled fashion (idle), fly backwards, and can turn quite suddenly to fly off in a different direction.
    So,
    Hummingbirds are the unicyclists of the bird world.
    Or, unicyclists are the hummingbirds of the human world.
    Either way.
    "I'm a unicyclist. I make my own reality."

I like to think of it as unicyclists being the bird-brains of the world.
    -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

The comparison limps a little, or do hummingbirds also have a crash landing from time to time?
      Last edited by fetzenschorsch; 2019-04-29, 01:02 PM.
      Oldest kid in town - neighbour

Comment

Originally posted by fetzenschorsch View Post
        The comparison limps a little, or do hummingbirds also have a crash landing from time to time?
        Saw something on the tv today that said they have legs that are too weak for them to stand on. I know this has nothing to do with the current discussion, just thought I'd share
        Quote Uni57: Unicyclists are the nicest people! Both on and off the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by LanceB View Post
          ...Hummingbirds are the unicyclists of the bird world.
          Or, unicyclists are the hummingbirds of the human world.
          Either way.
          I know that riding a unicycle on trails makes my heart beat almost as fast as a hummingbird's. I think I'm not in great shape...
          Originally posted by Juni View Post
          Saw something on the tv today that said they have legs that are too weak for them to stand on.
          They do stop, you know. But maybe only holding onto branches or similar. I wonder what a hummingbird looks like when sleeping?
          John Foss
          www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Working...
          X