Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"California" Muni Weekend 2012 Teaser: Oct 5-8 in Albuquerque!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurse Ben
    replied
    Here you go Eyal:

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/nurseben/

The first page of pics are Sandia, sorry I didn't take more.
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2012-10-12, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aarons
    replied
    Here are some pics. They're mostly from the last day when I was too beat up to ride much.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatming...7631732173079/

Leave a comment:

• Bondo
    replied
    I posted some group photos in the other thread!

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92760

Leave a comment:

• Nurse Ben
    replied
    We're coming in really late, so we didn't make dinner (obviously), but I will see you all on Saturday morning at Sandia Peak, 8:30 or so.

We're staying in the Turquise Trail campground, which is down the hill (on the way) from the ride meet up spot, so if someone feels like picking me up on the way, that would save my wife from having to get out of bed early

Red Honda Element, box and unis on top, balding old guy with bugs in his teeth

Ben
    Eight six five four eight three eight seven three five
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2012-10-06, 03:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• uniShark
    replied
    Originally posted by aarons View Post
    Now that is a bummer. Are you cancelling the whole trip or are you still going to be in the area for the week? Maybe by Sunday you'll be ok enough to ride..

I had a bit of a scare last weekend when I pulled something in my back. I've been doing a lot of stretching exercises, and it has gotten much better. I should be ready to go tomorrow.
    Hey, thanks. I'm heading back north rather than further south. It's a pretty bad sprain, I felt stuff tear when it happened, thus the xray. No way I'm riding any time soon, I'm still barely walking with a cane (actually, riding would be fine if I never ever had to dismount - I should at least be back on a wimpy two-wheeler pretty quick). We're hitting some more museums, mini golf / laser tag / bumper boats place, and Craters of the Moon on the way home (I'm just going slow and sitting out a lot of it), so the family is not too upset with me.

Leave a comment:

• Nurse Ben
    replied
    uniShark Hey all,
    I'm afraid I'm bagging out. Sprained my ankle on slickrock trail today. Was riding with Ben, and I'm sure he'll be happy to explain how it wasn't his fault (really, it wasn't). We had some great fun riding and hanging out in Moab, and I'm bummed to miss out on meeting everyone else. I'll definitely try for next year.
    -James
    It was some good riding until the end, we were 1/2 mile frot the car when James came off and stepped down into a pothole, rolled his "goodleg", was able to hobble back to the car, fortunately the xrays were good, but the ankle is twisted bad, so he's done.

He was talking about going back early so that he wouldn't burn up another week of vacation and the kids wouldn't miss another week of school.

After James got hurt I decided to head into SLC a day early, so I'm hanging with the family, getting ready for yet another ride on the Crest Trail to Mill D; my fifth ride in four days

My wife flew out to SLC to meet me and see ur daughter, so I'm taking the slow boat to Albuquerque tomorrow, so I'll be missing the Friday ride, but we'll be there for Friday night festivities and Saturday riding.

Leave a comment:

• aarons
    replied
    Originally posted by uniShark View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm afraid I'm bagging out. Sprained my ankle on slickrock trail today. Was riding with Ben, and I'm sure he'll be happy to explain how it wasn't his fault (really, it wasn't). We had some great fun riding and hanging out in Moab, and I'm bummed to miss out on meeting everyone else. I'll definitely try for next year.
    -James
    Now that is a bummer. Are you cancelling the whole trip or are you still going to be in the area for the week? Maybe by Sunday you'll be ok enough to ride..

I had a bit of a scare last weekend when I pulled something in my back. I've been doing a lot of stretching exercises, and it has gotten much better. I should be ready to go tomorrow.
    Last edited by aarons; 2012-10-04, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aarons
    replied
    Tomorrow is the day. Forecast is 82F with 0% chance of rain

Leave a comment:

• uniShark
    replied
    Hey all,
    -James

Leave a comment:

• eyal
    replied
    Another tip: If you will have a car in Albuquerque, DO NOT leave unicycles or other valuables unattended in plain view. It WILL be stolen in under 24 hours. This is true pretty much anywhere in ABQ including the trail parking areas. You can avoid a lot of trouble by simply storing valuables in a locked trunk or keeping them with you. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ABQnmuni
    replied
    I want to remind everyone of a few things:

First: Albuquerque sits at a mile high, and all of the trials that we will be riding are above the city. If you are comming from sea level please bring extra water and don't drink too much. If you do plan on drinking (which I condone ) please drink water while you drink.

Second: This is going to be an fun weekend, we will all do our best to make sure awesomeness ensues.

Leave a comment:

• Nurse Ben
    replied
    More gear swap stuff:

Tubes:
    Duro 26 x 3" DH Tubes, work great for 29er DH as well.

Misc:
    Surly Fixer and Shimano Hub for fixed bike wheel build
    Garmin Foretrex 101 GPS Wrist/Bike unit
    Old School POV Sport Cam Corder by Oregon Scientific

Will except cash, infants, and fine wine

Also, I will have a first prototype 36er tire for hands on oogling, it's the pre production version with extra rubber (1800gm), the production version is the same design and pattern but 300gm lighter. I believe the production tires will be available in the next couple weeks...

And of course, I am bringing the 32er

Stoked to meet and ride with everyone!!
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2012-09-29, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nurse Ben
    replied
    I have a sweet KH 29er with an Oracle disc hub, ready to ride (needs pedals), but I won't bring it unless someone wants it "for real"... so send me a PM or call (eight six five, four eight three, eight seven three five), here's the parts list:

2011 29" KH Frame, polyurethane clear coat
    KH Freeride Seat, Green Cover, "no hole" grab handle
    KH Adjustable "Forged" Seat Post
    Nimbus Oracle Hub, 14g spokes, Brass nips
    KH 47mm Freeride Ride Rim, black rim strip
    Moments 165/137, No Pedals, sorry
    Shimano M535 Hydraulic Brake, Magura Wave Rotor 180mm
    Nimbus D Brake Adaptor (green)
    KH Brake Lever Hanger
    Maxxis Ardent 26 x 2.4", Maxxis Freeride Tube

Needs nothing other than pedals, very clean, light and strong, sweet uni

Picture:

Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2012-09-29, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nurse Ben
    replied
    My gear swap list:

Shoes:
    Five Ten Barons, 13
    Shimano M41, 13

Tires:
    WTB dissent 29 x 2.5
    Maxxis Ardent 26 x 2.4
    Maxxis Ardent 26 x 2.6, rare wire bead DH
    Maxxis Ardent 29 x 2.4
    Schwalbe 29x 2.4 Evo
    Coker Non Skid (dibs by Unishark)

Cranks:
    Moments 150mm
    Venture 2 138mm
    Venture 1 165mm
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2012-09-29, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eyal
    replied
    On that note, I wonder if anyone would consider swapping their 29" for my 36"...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X