Question: Why exactly was MR deleted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Why exactly was MR deleted?

Too many attachments in there hogging down the forums? Too many mysterious bugs apart of it after the new servers?

Just messing with us?

Just interested.
    Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
    Want some advice? Do better.
    ~Jerrick

It wasn't deleted, it is hidden. I did this to test to see if that thread is the cause of the slowdowns. Right after hiding it, the forum was flying... but just now when I went to this thread, it took several seconds to load, so maybe that's not the issue.

For that thread, depending on what action is performed, the database has to scan through a quarter million database entries, which is very "expensive" and may be locking up other requests to the database.
    Gilby

Comment

I put this in JC already, but ill post here so you can see it. But does the amount of attachments used within MR have anything to do with it?

So far the forums seem fine to me, but I never experienced the slowness and double-posting people were having the last day or two.
      Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
      Want some advice? Do better.
      ~Jerrick

Comment

I know on other forums I visit that overly long threads have been the causes of severe slowdowns.

I have noticed the slowdowns for the past couple of weeks. Today it seems much better.

Comment

The attachments are not the problem, the number of posts are.
          Gilby

Comment

I blame the council.

Comment

i also blame your council.
              Your life is a storm, thunder is your music and lightning is your electric dancing legs, groove on friends. Groove on.

Comment

Working...
              X