No announcement yet.

Upgrade issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I miss is the location of each poster - it was under his/her avatar, among the join date and post number. There is something neat about knowing who's from where - especially on such diverse forum where we are really all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilby View Post

E-mail will work with an IMAP client.
      You are correct that e-mail can be read using an IMAP client but there is no access to the outgoing SMTP server. Attempts return an invalid authentication message:

Sending of the message failed.
      You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.
      The configuration related to unicyclist.com must be corrected.

Edit: Thanks for the infinite editing interval.
      Last edited by harper; 2020-03-09, 02:56 PM.
      -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
        I'm not able to ban users anymore, which seemed to be my favorite unicycling trick
        Not even kbjliquors? Really? An online liquor store posing as a unicyclist? He hasn't posted yet so I can't flag him.
        -Greg Harper

Nipples...do you ever have enough?

Change is good. Bills are better.

Comment

No, not since the forum has been upgraded. I can only delete single posts or threads now. Before I was able to ban users as well and to delete all of their posts and find other users from the same IP which made it quite comfortable to fight spammers.

The other thing i'm missing is a search function to find users.
          Last edited by Eric aus Chemnitz; 2020-03-11, 08:09 AM. Reason: Text added
          Einradfahren in Sachsen:
          einradsachsen.com
          f/EinradSachsen
          07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

Thanks Gilbey and Eric for your work on this, much appreciated. There comes a point at which running old versions of the software is just unsupportable (as when it depends on old versions of other software, and you are stuck when an upgrade is forced on you), so well done on keeping it current.

I'm sad to see that signatures have gone away, and also user locations. On the positive side, the handling of images, and the lightbox-style image gallery, is much better.
            20" Nimbus (Black, White Tire)
            26" Nimbus Muni (Duro Wildlife Leopard | Schwalbe Crazy Bob 2.35")

Comment

For Signatures:
              Go to your Profile --> Edit settings (left) --> Account (top) --> Conversation Detail Options --> Show Signatures
              Einradfahren in Sachsen:
              einradsachsen.com
              f/EinradSachsen

Comment

It seems to me, that the search function only finds posts that have been posted after the upgrade.
                Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                einradsachsen.com
                f/EinradSachsen

Comment

May I suggest you try increasing the character limit on the message content in private messages. PMs work if the message has a single character.

Thank you,
                  JM
                  You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself....

Comment

Hi Gilby,
                    The new "skin" looks great! A little confusing at first; got to get used to the new furniture. Thanks again for keeping this forum running; I look at uni discussions on Facebook and it's just a mess there.

Just got this email from a new user, Steve Gillette ("Blueblade"), who may be seeing things you're not:

-------------

I think the unicyclist.com forum is broken after the recent upgrade, hoping you can contact someone who can fix it!

I am a new unicyclist that signed up recently, but never received my activation email (dont think it was really sent) so my new account is defunct, stuck in an unconfirmed state, and, unable to post, pm, or do much of anything but look around, including tell anyone

I don't think the site is sending *any* emails, including new user acct activation/confirmations, password resets, or to provide feedback on the contact us form to let the admin know that this stuff is broken. (I tried, dont think it really emailed the admin)
                    You may note, No new members show as having joined since before the upgrade, including myself, which i attempted to some days after the upgrade.

I bet there are other new members like me, who are not fully joined, but can't tell anybody about it.

Somebody should let the admin know the broken email functionality breaks many other things too, like new memberships and site feedback.

Ps my username is Blueblade
                    John Foss
                    www.unicycling.com

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Comment

Like a couple others have pointed out, I miss the "location" info that used to sit under people's avatars. It's a good piece of info that can help us give more targeted and geographically accurate advice without having to ask.

It is nice being able to write a reply without having to open a new window.
                      My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

I noticed something odd, for example in today I brag it shows on main page slamdance last posted but when I go look there is no post from him, also for a while it wasn't showing JimT as last poster on pic of lastest ride but there is a post from him
                        24" Torker LX
                        29" UDC Trainer
                        32" UDC trainer

Comment

Yes, there is a post by Slamdance, but that needs to be approved (for what reason ever ?!?). When I try to approve it, it gives me a database error.
                          Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                          einradsachsen.com
                          f/EinradSachsen

Comment

Hi,
                            a forum user hasn't been able to log in since the upgrade.
                            Can someone help please?
                            If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

noticed a minor bug, under http://www.unicyclist.com/ tag Forum
                              - using the PC web browser, - you can see the last title update of each session WITH the relative date.
                              - using a mobile phone - it shows the last post theread but no date, making hard to understand if you have missed something from your last login. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-26-18-23-39-019_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2802837

Comment

Originally posted by spottyh725 View Post
                                noticed a minor bug, under http://www.unicyclist.com/ tag Forum
                                - using the PC web browser, - you can see the last title update of each session WITH the relative date.
                                - using a mobile phone - it shows the last post theread but no date, making hard to understand if you have missed something from your last login. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-26-18-23-39-019_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2802837
                                Ta.... and that's what's making this forum really user unfriendly for me.
                                If you are female please join the “Female Unicyclists!” group on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X